cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

Choose your own adventure!

This time, we're doing something a little different. Fresh off of prompt Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022 @ it's  a mixing mediums and techniques

Think of 5 products and choose new ways to apply.

1000003483.jpg

"But danielledanielle I want inspo and not just options"

I got you. I have suggestions and descriptions below, but I encourage everyone to choose what they like, you don't even have to go in order. Want to be bronzy all summer in different ways? Be about the bronze 🥉 😎 and apply it in any and every method. 

Bronzed Glow (June 9-15)

Spoiler
This is inspo from the Fenty Collection. I interpret it is a monochrome makeup look. The collection leans heavy into golds with coral, pink and copper hues. Product wise, obvs if you have the Fenty Collection use it, 🤣, but any similar hued product works with this. The Dior summer releases would be gorgeous 🥰

I woke up (sunburned) like this aka Doll Face Blush (June 16-22, Summer Solstice is 20th)

Spoiler

This is another tiktok old/new thing IMO. Placement of blush matters. The idea is to get that rosy face - where you've been in the sun look - by applying product to apples of cheeks, temples and nose bridge. For myself, I go upward and towards my eyes to avoid looking heavy and out of preference skip the nose bridge unless I'm using a bronzer. I love Dior Forever Glow Maximizer Longwear Liquid Highlighter 014 Rosy  orPAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Bronzer PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Bronzer with SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80 for this

Glazed Cheeks AKA Blushlights (June 23-30)

Spoiler
This is mixing a liquid blush and liquid highlight for dewy glow. If you have a pearlescent product, your essentially creating a blushlight. Rare Beauty's liquid blush, highlighter and blush brush are PERFECT for this.

Vibrant - one and done (July 1-7)

Spoiler
With the onslaught of dewy blushes, ‌🙌🏽‌‌🙌🏽‌, a bold color is both a statement on its own and evokes feelings of summer. Use fingers to tap, or go in with a brush of choice. Half Magic's Baby Paw Blush blush or something similar (angled, dense not not tightly packed) recommended.

Sunset Blush (July 8-14)

Spoiler
This is what I call layering blush and highlight, or what Wayne Goss called the cloud burst look. What's old is new again 🤷🏽‍♀️. Using colors of sunset ( think red and gold, pink and orange, purple and orange) create an ombre effect that mimics a sunset. You want the highlighter as the outmost color and your horizon as the deep/pop color. I think fan brushes are super helpful here, they can layer the highlight and help with the blends.

ADDED 6-11: BOYFRIEND BLUSH (July 15-21)

Spoiler

Shout out to Dior's upcoming Masterclass on this one, prior to this, I never heard of it, but it isn't anew thing either. IMO, it is less precise than doll blush, but along the same vein. This method is supposedly most flattering on long or oval faces, but I think even other shapes can benefit if it's placed a certain way. The idea is to achieve a healthy flush, so the blush is going lower on your face and is less structured.

Tools suggested: powder blush with tapered or fluffy brush OR creamy with beauty blender

From 6-13 Class

1000005412.png

The artist used Dior Rosy Glow Blush 012 Rosewood and Dior's powder brush

Methods:
"Diffuse the doozy" aka blend with color 

Spoiler
Instead of a blush brush, use a tapered brush with a highlighter or a lighter color blush to blend out the stronger/pigmented one. If using liquid products, see Glazed Cheeks.  The idea is to system harsh edges with a lighter blush.

Brush Army

Spoiler

Use multiple brushes in your application. Think powder, fans, tapered, stippling. Go beyond your favorite blush brush or use this as rationale to get new brushes, just sayin'

Bounce, bounce bounce

Spoiler

You guessed...it sponges. Do you go for the beloved Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original #or something else? Bounce to it

All Hands on Deck
Fingers are nature's brushes, and nothing blends better than the warmth of your hand.

Spoiler
Side Quest:
Apply blush to the back of your hand, then press or "stamp" to your face and blend out with your fingers.     I haven't tried it yet, but saw a comment on Reddit about this.  I usually tap out blush with my two fingers (index and middle), but this seems interesting 🤔

Pressed, but never stressed

Spoiler
This is inspo @furbie when she asked what a powder puff was for. I think I said for powders, but I never considered using it for other powders (blush, highlighter) until then. This takes something baked like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter # to next level space shine 🌟🌌

The idea is to pick a style and a method, or even just a blush color and a method.  For example, I'm thinking of using multiple brushes (brush army) for my bronzed glow 🌟

Re: Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

Gorgeous blush looks I love that pallete the shades are so unique 💕🌅 @sister13 

Thanks, yes, they are super pigmented but perfect for sunset blush! @peculiarzmakeup 

Boyfriend Blush

20240717_160322.jpg

I used Too Faced Cloud Crush Blurring Blush Velvet Crush and blended downwards. I think I prefer higher blush placement on my face shape.

@Mellmars1185  It’s such a beautiful blush on you😊.  I love this line of blushes too🥰.  And I agree with you on the placement.  Higher is better.

@Cissy63 Thank you!! Higher on the cheeks is where the sun naturally hits too 😎🌞

I like these blushes and they are SO pigmented I have to use the lightest touch. This is really pretty! @Mellmars1185 

@sister13 Thank you! They are super pigmented and blurring. I like that they are heavily scented too

It's a gorgeous color @Mellmars1185 

@lmaster Thank you! I kind of forgot I had it. I watched a tutorial for boyfriend blush and the person was using this line. I had to find it in my collection to try again. I was happy to find it!

Gorgeous blush your take on this theme is so beautiful I can relate with putting blush on higher placements but it looks wonderful on you! Love this shade too! 💕 @Mellmars1185 

@peculiarzmakeup Thank you so much! I haven't reached for this shade in a while. I would like yo get more use out of it 🩷

Beautiful 

BF Blush AKA Doll Face Blush 

I looked up a tutorial it was a lot of fun to use a new technique always fun to switch it up I really love this technique can’t wait to see everyone’s unique takes on it 💕☺️

IMG_2353.jpeg

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Happy 

MERIT Day Glow Dewy Highlighting Balm 

MERIT Bronze Balm Sheer Sculpting Bronzer Quince 

Lawless purple shade forgot the name 

Tatcha Mini Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 0.35 oz/ 10g 

@peculiarzmakeup  These colors look so pretty on you 🥳.  And the placement looks spot on !

Thank you so much, I appreciate that! I watched a tutorial online it made for a fun trial and error process! @Cissy63  😊

This technique looks great on you @peculiarzmakeup 

Thank you so much, these challenges always help me out of my comfort zone and trying new tecnniques, so fun 🫶 I appreciate it ❤️ @lmaster 

@peculiarzmakeup Gorgeous blush look! Did you use the Merit highlighter on top of the Rare Beauty blush? I am curious how it wears.

Yes I placed it on top took some on my fingers and patted it on, it wears well it looks really cool 😎 

I really liked the extra shine and glossy look on the cheeks 🙂 @Mellmars1185 

Your blush turned out so beautiful @peculiarzmakeup 💝 I'm curious to hear, can you describe the technique you used?

Thank you so much @CynthieLu  💕 

The technique was to use the blush at a lower placement and travel upwards. I used the a liquid blush with an applicator because I wanted to practice making dots then blending. My takeaways were in order to make a more doll face appearance is to place blush much lower on the cheek then usual. I will check back in to this post with a step by step, I used a little highlight to create the glow and glass look! I appreciate it! 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos67
  • 1000003483.jpg
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
  • 20240610_163418.jpg
  • sister13_0-1718074840511.jpeg
  • sister13_1-1718074840519.jpeg
  • Welcome to my Ami Cole ad
  • PXL_20240610_155951767.jpg
  • PXL_20240610_155954774.jpg
  • PXL_20240611_142617519.MP~2.jpg