cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

Choose your own adventure!

This time, we're doing something a little different. Fresh off of prompt Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022 @ it's  a mixing mediums and techniques

Think of 5 products and choose new ways to apply.

1000003483.jpg

"But danielledanielle I want inspo and not just options"

I got you. I have suggestions and descriptions below, but I encourage everyone to choose what they like, you don't even have to go in order. Want to be bronzy all summer in different ways? Be about the bronze 🥉 😎 and apply it in any and every method. 

Bronzed Glow (June 9-15)

Spoiler
This is inspo from the Fenty Collection. I interpret it is a monochrome makeup look. The collection leans heavy into golds with coral, pink and copper hues. Product wise, obvs if you have the Fenty Collection use it, 🤣, but any similar hued product works with this. The Dior summer releases would be gorgeous 🥰

I woke up (sunburned) like this aka Doll Face Blush (June 16-22, Summer Solstice is 20th)

Spoiler

This is another tiktok old/new thing IMO. Placement of blush matters. The idea is to get that rosy face - where you've been in the sun look - by applying product to apples of cheeks, temples and nose bridge. For myself, I go upward and towards my eyes to avoid looking heavy and out of preference skip the nose bridge unless I'm using a bronzer. I love DIOR Forever Glow Maximizer Longwear Liquid Highlighter 014 Rosy  orPAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Bronzer PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Bronzer with SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80 for this

Glazed Cheeks AKA Blushlights (June 23-30)

Spoiler
This is mixing a liquid blush and liquid highlight for dewy glow. If you have a pearlescent product, your essentially creating a blushlight. Rare Beauty's liquid blush, highlighter and blush brush are PERFECT for this.

Vibrant - one and done (July 1-7)

Spoiler
With the onslaught of dewy blushes, ‌🙌🏽‌‌🙌🏽‌, a bold color is both a statement on its own and evokes feelings of summer. Use fingers to tap, or go in with a brush of choice. Half Magic's Baby Paw Blush blush or something similar (angled, dense not not tightly packed) recommended.

Sunset Blush (July 8-14)

Spoiler
This is what I call layering blush and highlight, or what Wayne Goss called the cloud burst look. What's old is new again 🤷🏽‍♀️. Using colors of sunset ( think red and gold, pink and orange, purple and orange) create an ombre effect that mimics a sunset. You want the highlighter as the outmost color and your horizon as the deep/pop color. I think fan brushes are super helpful here, they can layer the highlight and help with the blends.

ADDED 6-11: BOYFRIEND BLUSH (July 15-21)

Spoiler

Shout out to Dior's upcoming Masterclass on this one, prior to this, I never heard of it, but it isn't anew thing either. IMO, it is less precise than doll blush, but along the same vein. This method is supposedly most flattering on long or oval faces, but I think even other shapes can benefit if it's placed a certain way. The idea is to achieve a healthy flush, so the blush is going lower on your face and is less structured.

Tools suggested: powder blush with tapered or fluffy brush OR creamy with beauty blender

From 6-13 Class

1000005412.png

The artist used DIOR Rosy Glow Blush 012 Rosewood and Dior's powder brush

Methods:
"Diffuse the doozy" aka blend with color 

Spoiler
Instead of a blush brush, use a tapered brush with a highlighter or a lighter color blush to blend out the stronger/pigmented one. If using liquid products, see Glazed Cheeks.  The idea is to system harsh edges with a lighter blush.

Brush Army

Spoiler

Use multiple brushes in your application. Think powder, fans, tapered, stippling. Go beyond your favorite blush brush or use this as rationale to get new brushes, just sayin'

Bounce, bounce bounce

Spoiler

You guessed...it sponges. Do you go for the beloved Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original Beautyblender ORIGINAL Beautyblender Makeup Sponge Original #or something else? Bounce to it

All Hands on Deck
Fingers are nature's brushes, and nothing blends better than the warmth of your hand.

Spoiler
Side Quest:
Apply blush to the back of your hand, then press or "stamp" to your face and blend out with your fingers.     I haven't tried it yet, but saw a comment on Reddit about this.  I usually tap out blush with my two fingers (index and middle), but this seems interesting 🤔

Pressed, but never stressed

Spoiler
This is inspo @furbie when she asked what a powder puff was for. I think I said for powders, but I never considered using it for other powders (blush, highlighter) until then. This takes something baked like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Demi'Glow Light-Diffusing Highlighter # to next level space shine 🌟🌌

The idea is to pick a style and a method, or even just a blush color and a method.  For example, I'm thinking of using multiple brushes (brush army) for my bronzed glow 🌟

Re: Cheek Challenge Summer 2024: Choose Your Own Adventure

@danielledanielle Beautiful one and done look. I like using bronzer/blushes on the eyes for that natural sun kissed/monochromatic look.

Stunning bronzed glow and blush! I love the placement on your cheeks. Beautiful 🤩 @danielledanielle 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup , it was good to try something a little different, but still fits with the theme

I love that! Also love how the bronzed glow could be made beautiful in so many versions! 💕🫶 @danielledanielle 

X post from Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022 

Originally I was thinking about my new Fenty Gloss Bomb Oul, but I realized the peachy pink of the Love is Love highlighter fits in with the bronze glow theme. 

I keep trying to talk myself out the summer Fenty Blushlighters but I may be losing resolve!

—- 

Okay, for Bronze Beauty, I used HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Color Fuse Longwear Hydrating Glassy Lip + Cheek Blush Balm Stick Glassy Tang...  #on cheeks, topped with # Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Lowlighter Soft Glow Highlighter Off The Grid  on cheeks and eyes.

Then, I used Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Oil Luminizing Lip Oil 'N Gloss Coppa Cookie, lined with MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Longwear Lip Liner 506 Endless Cacao  . 

sister13_0-1718074840511.jpeg

I liked this, but Then, I added the peachy highlighter (worthy?) from

Danessa Myricks Beauty Love is Love All Over Face Palette  on cheekbones and eyes and that was wonderful!! 

sister13_1-1718074840519.jpeg

@sister13  Stunning! 🤩 

Oh thanks!! @ather 

Wow again you are stunning 🔥 @sister13 

Thanks so much!! @lmaster 

Really nice glow @sister13 ! Especially love your eyes. So it’s just the 2 DM you used? 

Thank you! And Yes, I used my fingers to apply Off the Grid to eyelids, and a small brush for under eyes. Then, just my small highlighter brush to put over top of that on eyelids. 

Off the Grid is such a unique shade, it’s so Bronzey-coppery but has a cool, almost violet undertone. @Sunnysmom 

@sister13  Definitely a bronze look like you have been to the 🏖️ 

@sister13 Absolutely stunning bronzy glow ️🩷🤎🩷. I am so curious to know how you apply the DM lowlighters!

Ahhhh @sister13 . this is a nice departure from your norm!   It looks very sultry, a very sultry bronzed, but also still pretty highlighted (lit from within)

RT Fenty Summer Collection.  It's not needed!!!  But, I caved and got the fab Coppa Cookie you're wearing here (love!) and an eyeliner.  You likely have a peach pink shifting blush or eyeshadow, I know you do!!! Be stronger than me...Don't do it 😂

Beautiful bronzed blush look! Amazing placement and glow! I must pick up some DM products. Amazing look 🫶 @sister13 

@danielledanielle I am so glad I found this thread! I actually did a bronzy look today that fits right into this weeks theme!!

20240610_163418.jpg

The bronzing items I used are:

MAKEUP BY MARIO Softsculpt® Multi-Use Bronzing & Shaping Serum with Hyaluronic Acid - I used this directly on my face and buffed out instead of applying with a brush and picking up the product on the back of my hand.

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Reflect - I underpainted with this instead of using over foundation

DIOR BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette 002 Glitz - I usually use the shade bronze as an eyeshadow but I used as a highlight on my face after I powdered

PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo She's So LA - Is a good transition shade on the cheeks for a bronzer to a flushed look

I crossposted on Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022 

I love everything!! Beautiful bae 😉 @Mellmars1185 

@lmaster Thank you very much 🤎🥰

Beautiful @Mellmars1185 ! I’m inspired by your ideas! 💞

@Sunnysmom Thank you so much!!🤎

@Mellmars1185  Such a classy evening look🤎

12 Replies