Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|

I need a good brow product!

So, I've never been big on filling in my brows because I have pretty thick ones to begin with and a decent shape with some waxing/plucking. However, mine are still light enough that in pictures I feel like they kinda disappear and look strange when the rest of my face is caked with makeup. What are some of your favorite brow products for beginners? I'm thinking I'll want to try a pencil... maybe Benefit Brows? I'm also afraid to pick a color online so if anyone has color suggestions that would be great!

RE: I need a good brow product!

So I was also pretty t’étouffer of dealing with my eyebrows. I just use the abh brow wiz and it works like a charm. I just got lightly and it only takes me about 40 seconds to get a more defined yet natural brow.

Re: I need a good brow product!

Hi @MaybeMorgan ,

I have an unconventional product to suggest that’s extremely easy, especially with your brows & hair color. 

The easiest I have used is a Lancome Brown Eyeliner, I always get their sets & kits & it’s the easiest by far, that I have ever used, you wouldn’t need much, just lightly shade it in. 

Unfortunately I have blonde hair and extremely light & small eyebrows, otherwise I would use it forever, it goes on so well but they don’t make Eyeliners, in a light enough shade for me, so when I use it, they just look too dark, but seeing the picture of your eyebrows, immediately made me think it could be perfect for yours.  I don’t really like the waxy eyebrow pencils they make although others do, I definitely think their brown eyeliner would be your best bet.  Just my opinion, especially since you’re new to using a pencil. 

Let me know if you try it!

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

I really like BENEFIT COSMETICS - Foolproof Brow Powder

I've used their pencils (Precisely my brow and Goof Proof) as well as ABH brow wiz. Of the pencils, I like Precisely My Brow the best, however, the foolproof powder is so quick and easy for a natural looking fill.

I think a thin pencil like benefit or abh would work very well for you and they are easy to use/learn. I’m more familiar with the abh colors because that’s the brand I buy... but the price is the same as benefit. I would recommend the color “soft brown” to you in the Anastasia Brow wiz, you’d have to swatch in store or ask around to find the similar shade In benefits line

I have similar brows. I use the Benefit Bomb A** Brows Foolproof brow powder to even out the color and the 24 hour clear brow gel to shape and then set. I've been really happy with it. it looks natural and that is my goal!

@MaybeMorgan I recommend trying the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4 It is so easy to use and helps naturally define your brows. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Rebecca 

yep have to agree @MaybeMorgan ABH brow wiz and clear brow gel are my go tos 😍

I just bought the MILK makeup kush brow gel and it’s amazing, you might like it. It doesn’t smudge and it seems to be waterproof because I had to rub it with makeup remover even after the shower.
Anonymous Insider

I love Anastasia brow wiz

Hi @MaybeMorgan ,

I love the KAT VON D - Signature Brow Precision Pencil and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Cream to Powder Perfect Brow Pencil Taupe Both are great for filling in your brows and are pigmented but easy to use. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I think an alternative suggestion to a pencil (which can be tricky to use if you want a naturally fuller look) is to use a tinted pomade or gel. The color can appear concentrated at first, but if you brush it out with a spoolie, you get a more diffused and less harsh look. On the plus side, your hairs also stay in place and brush out from the spoolie so it looks like your brows aren't just tined, but also have an even distribution of hair.

I recommend using either the Sephora brand one or the Glossier one. Both are great, but the Sephora one is more affordable - I love them both.

@MaybeMorgan Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Waterproof Easy Shape & Fill Eyebrow Pencil 4.5

Easy to use and natural looking. For color, # 2 or 3 probably. Benefit's product page, direct site, has colors with models. Click What's My Shade

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
testing