cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|

Group Announcement: Brows, Brows, Brows

BIC_Brows_Group avatar.jpg

Welcome to Brows, Brows, Brows, a new group in the Beauty Insider Community dedicated to all conversations about eyebrows – perhaps the most important face-framing feature!

Whether you pluck, wax, shave, draw, tint, or leave your brows untouched, Brows, Brows, Brows is a place for Community members to get product recommendations and discuss eyebrow maintenance routines. All shapes, sizes, colors, and styles of brow are welcome! 😊

Click the “Reply” button below and let us know your current eyebrow routine! Be sure to use the “#” symbol to tag any holy-grail brow products.

Re: Group Announcement: Brows, Brows, Brows

I recently had my eyebrows laminated (with tint), after falling in love with how my eyelashes looked with a lash lift… I’m never going back! I keep the look up by brushing my eyebrows with castor oil every day, and the look is going two weeks strong! I do have to pluck the new eyebrow hairs as they come in, but it’s much easier upkeep than when I just get my eyebrows threaded, mainly because my eyebrows remain in place and it’s very clear where the new growth is coming in. 

The process is a chore because it takes time to let the chemical treatment do its thing, but aside from not washing my brows or lashes for a couple of days initially and avoiding steaming my eyebrows and lashes in the shower, lol, it’s all very set-it-and-forget-it, perfect for a lazy look girl like me.

Full disclosure: I have naturally long but super straight eyelashes and thick, bushy eyebrows, so I am a good candidate for the brow lamination and lash lift because it all keeps what I have under control. 

30CEBF04-85F2-448D-8872-C3DC988B5056.jpeg

@LCResz Your brows and lashes look great!

I am still learning how to do my brows and would LOVE help..please!!!!!

@oneandonlyrose1 - Many years ago, I went in store and asked who the most knowledgeable person about brows was and if s/he was available to show me how to do my brows.  She was.  She did one brow and had me do the other.  It worked out really well.  If that's not an option or something you want to pursue, then I second @SportyGirly125 's suggestions!

@Titian06 @oneandonlyrose1 I took a brow certification class years ago and just remember brows are sisters and not twins. I think a lot of people either do the brows too dark/light that don’t match their root color or they don’t do the starting point, arch and tail right. 

@oneandonlyrose1 @Have you watched any beginner brow tutorials on YouTube? Anastasia Beverly Hills has great videos.  Mapping out where to fill in your brows helps. 

My eyebrow routine is terrible, I need help with my brows I'd like a professional to do them what would be the best type of brows to have?

I had my eyebrows microshaded about 4 years back and have been for a few touch ups. I am due for another one but the location is far from me and has been closed a few times due to covid. In the meantime I used an eyebrow pencil and and eyebrow gel to keep them looking sharp if I am going on a fancy date. Otherwise all my maintaince is plucking the strays

Hi. My brow routine is pretty simple. Shave to sculpt only and apply castor oil. I am 50. As we age, our eyebrows disappear. I discovered castor oil approx. 6 months ago. It helps to nourish your brows and it adds gloss to your brows. Application of the castor oil has definitely made a big difference in my brow game. If any of you tries it, please let me know your results. 

I love love using castor on my brows, it helps them thicken and grow as mine are sparse. I use it on my leashes as well. Took a couple weeks but I definitely saw a difference. I put it on my lashes and brows with a spooly during my night routine

I’m a bit late to the party, but so happy we have a brow group now! I’m freakishly particular about my brows, because they’re naturally platinum blonde (as are my lashes), so unless I groom them I look like an alien... whenever my husband sees an albino animal he says, “Look, he has your eyebrows!”

I permanently dye my brows (using a grocery store product) rather than using tinted brow gel, mainly because I love the water and sweaty activities like hiking. I also prefer a very natural, defined brow... I want color on the hairs but not on my skin. But I definitely use a clear brow gel or wax to keep things in place! Still looking for that favorite product since the last one I tried Hourglass Arch Brow Shaping Gel Clear didn’t do it for me (not enough hold, hard to dispense)... by all means feel free to reply with recommendations, I appreciate them!

One product I can recommend is TWEEZERMAN Stainless Steel Mini Slant Tweezer - great grip to clean up those wispy little brow hairs and get a defined shape.

I like Benefit 24 hour clear brow setter gel.  I am 73 and have unruly brows but this product used consistently does help to re-shape growth.  I have been trying several of my stash of color for graying brows.  Don't have a fav yet...Anastasia comes closest.

Omg, where has this group been all my life????

I have huge self image issues, combined with BPD.  I literally will try to do my eyebrows for hours, end up taking them off, to stay home and cry..... I have little hair that you can't see, and about 1 1/2 years ago I made the mistake of getting them tattooed.  The woman did a horrific job, and now they are completely different colors, and shape.  I don't have any go to products, because I'm not sure what to use.  Usually whatever is in my ipsy bag that month. I'm not sure how to fix them so they match, every so often I feel like they look great, but I can never recreate what I did.  I literally won't leave the house if they don't look presentable.  I know it is all in my head, but if I could find good products, and an easy way to do then, my life would be much less stressful, not to mention my boyfriend who probably thinks I'm insane having to duck the flying mirrors whenever I can't do my brows!!!

Ugh, help!!!!

Anastasia Brow Freeze is my absolute fav brow product with the Brow Definer coming in second! If you use the Brow Freeze before the definer it’ll keep those brows set all day! 😍

Thanks, I will have to buy this!

Thankful for this community!!! I have a Really hard time shaping my eyebrows and I am hoping to find great product suggestions. The products I’ve been using for my eyebrows for the past few months are Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Eyebrow Pencil followed by Lancôme Sourcils Styler Brow Styler. What would you recommend for arched eyebrows? I will try the Anastasia products a few members have listed. At the end of the day, my eyebrows look tired. I would love to change that!!!

This is the first time I've come across this thread!  I don't have eyebrows (or eyelashes) due to trichotillomania.  These are the products I use to create eyebrows:

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Taupe 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo Taupe 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #18 

KVD Beauty #70 Pomade Brow Brush 

OMG How hv i not known about this group?? I wld have joined along time ago.😍 LOL...My "straight" Brows (my lovely daughters roast me frequently), Lol, are my ARCH ENEMY (no pun-intended). hahaha. I have an appt scheduled for microblading/shading on 4/27/21 and tbh I'm scared to death!!! I've been through the tinting that was worn off by the next day if not sooner cause I lack so much hair from all of the tweezing t/o the 90's and natural (bilateral) balled spots. I just wish I knew how to draw them on FAST and to look NATURAL!!!

**I know this is literally THE dummest and prob most selfish thing i cld complain about w/everything going on in the world😞...so PLEASE don't slaughter me for being selfish, inconsiderate and unkind. I'm simply just VERY VERY VERY self-conscious about them, that's all I'm saying!!**  

~thanks to whoever reads this & I welcome all positive suggestions, ideas and tips. Be happy, Be positive, Be beautiful but MOST of all BE YOU!!!

~Jennifer❤️

@jlynn1277 it's absolutely not selfish or unkind to want to think of your brows! We must be about the same age because I went to college in the 90s. I let my hair go during 6 months or so of COVID but went back when the salon opened up. Everyone wears masks and we socially distance, I get nice hair and my hairdresser gets paid.  Think of it as a gift to yourself, and you're helping the salon stay open. I have friends who have had their brows microbladded and they love it. I hope the person doing it does a great job for you!

Um hi, I love this group. Why is this the first time I’ve seen it?!? 
I’m rather afraid to go out if my current routine after the nightmare that was Benefit Cosmetics Brow Microfilling Eyebrow Pen Medium Brown 😭 I’ve never been more hurt (literally by how hard I had to press to see any colour) by a product before. So I stick to my trust Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer 3-in-1 Triangle Tip Easy Precision Eyebrow Pencil and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pen Superfine Waterproof Detail Eyebrow Pen 

55 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • BIC_Brows_Group avatar.jpg
  • 30CEBF04-85F2-448D-8872-C3DC988B5056.jpeg
testing