Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

@TraceyEB Kept meaning to ask you how you felt about the shadows. I didn’t get them so is good to know! If he’d had more of a cool or neutral palette I may have. It skewed warm in general correct other than the black? Sorry that was a miss! I’m curious to see the blushes tho, probably have to try one. Peony with a little shimmer sounds good. 🤗😘

@Sunnysmom, all shades were warm tones except the black. I've been using a customized BB palette to "finish" the look. I'm happy with the WG eyeshadow formula, so hope he releases a cool-toned palette.

@TraceyEBthat sounds like a nice way to achieve that . I look forward to a cool-toned palette also. Hope he will do! 

@TraceyEB  I just finished watching his announcement video. I wasn't interested in his eyeshadow palette (it was lovely, but neutrals-only palettes generally aren't my thing) but I might have to try one of these. 

I love that his focus group for each makeup item is the over 40 crowd! Part of me wishes he'd include someone over 40 as a demo model in his videos... I mean, I don't know how old Kelsea and Mel are (I don't follow either of them, or really any beauty influencers), but I'm guessing they're considerably younger than me. 🤣 Anyway, it's good to see Wayne's makeup line rolling out! 

@WinglessOne, agree 100%. He mentioned having focus groups in the 40+ age range. It would be great to see models age 40+ models with wrinkles and texture to their skin use the products and test the claims. I'd also like to see the suggested ways to wear them that Wayne was describing. I purchased the eyeshadow palette to try the formula; the shades lasted well on my hooded eyelids. The black shade has no value to me given the warm tones of the palette. For the blush, I'm considering Vivid Azalea and maybe Bright Poppy.

@TraceyEB Oh my goodness.  I am loving these blush/highlight palettes.  Gorgeous. I am definitely purchasing one of these.  

@tjffc, aren't they gorgeous! I've got Vivid Azalea in my sights.

Coming soon - Wayne Goss Weightless Blush Palette featuring blush and shimmering highlighters. Sign up at Beautylish or via WG's IG.

Image3659462866017326887.jpg

Launching Thursday, July 30 at 10 am PST, the Luxury Eye Palette in Imperial Topaz ($55, 16.2g) and 3 Kohl eye pencils ($14 each) in Obsidian, Precious Opal, and Rich Hazel. Shade descriptions below and on Beautylish's website. Reveal video on Wayne's YT channel.

Image6529199162915343054.jpg

@TraceyEB Nice colors in palette and love the pencils. 

@tjffc, I don't mind the more neutral eyeshadow shades. Looking forward to trying the eye pencils!

Update 7/25 - Collection reveal on Monday, July 27 at 10 am PST. Sign up via Wayne's IG or Beautylish. Looks like eyeshadow compact and eye liners.

My WG Artist Collection brushes are here! They're stunning - exquisite craftsmanship, interesting shape/design of the brush heads, maple handles and squirrel hair bristles. I'm so pleased! Each brush came individually wrapped and the set came without a special case, so it's possible they could be sold individually at some point. Alicia from kinkysweat has a really good YT video showing the brushes in use. Can't wait to try them!

@TraceyEB Nice brushes!

@tjffc, thanks! The craftsmanship is exquisite!

@TraceyEB, yaaaay! 🥰 The design of these brushes are so beautiful! 😍 I imagine the blue squirrel bristles will feel super soft and silky against the skin! ♥️

@itsfi, they are soooo soft, like a whisper on the skin!

Well, I am extraordinarily envious, @TraceyEB 🤩 I saw those, they look absolutely stunning. The aesthetic is so different than what I am used to seeing. Thank you for sharing!!!

@eshoe, you summarized the set perfectly. I'm enamoured with the angles and taper of the bristles, and the handles look like each one could be slightly unique. So well done!

@TraceyEB I bet the hairs on these are so soft. I don’t have a huge brush collection, but have a nice set of Surratt’s (which you probably know - many are grey squirrel, too).

Combined with the wooden handles, these are really quite a special collection. Enjoy them, they are pretty unique!

@eshoe, they are especially soft and the brushes unique. I've wanted to try Surratt brushes. Do you have ones that you especially enjoy using?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg