Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘‘

Here's a thread where we can discuss new and upcoming releases, share swatches, and post any other information pertaining to the Lipstick Queen brand. 

Image result for Lipstick Queen logo

poppyking.PNG

Updated 4/13!

Recent releases:

Reign & Shine Lip Glosses ($20):

lqreignandshinelipglosses.PNG

Spoiler
Bestow your lips in crown-worthy color with Lipstick Queen's regally-glamorous Reign & Shine Lip Gloss. Featuring 6 ultimate shades, each providing a beautiful, non-sticky, buildable sheer hint of color coupled with ravishing crushed golden pearls that give your lips lustrous, brilliant shine.

With an enriched, super-hydrating formula, lips become nourished and conditioned, while sodium hyaluronate plumps and defines for the illusion of a fuller pout, securing the throne as true lip gloss royalty.

The applicator becomes your royal scepter as you glide on gorgeous, golden-laden, shimmering color, with a comfortable, non-sticky finish that's fit for a Queen!

Baroness of Bare (sheer, nude w/ neutral undertones)
Empress of Apricot (sheer pop of peach w/ warm undertones)
Ruler of Rose (sheer, petal pink w/ warm undertones)
Mistress of Mauve (soft, subdued mauve w/ neutral undertones)
Countess of Cocoa (sheer, neutral chocolate brown)
Monarch of Merlot (sheer, buildable berry w/ blue undertones)

Blue By You ($25):

lqbluebyyoulipstick.PNG

Spoiler
Emanating the free-spirited glamour of the 70โ€™s, Lipstick Queenโ€™s Blue By You Lipstick is a playful tribute to the lavish glitz of the decade, with a modern twist. Evolving the iconic transformer collection, luxe Blue By You is a soulful indigo blue that transforms into a metallic raspberry pink.

Enriched with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and antioxidant Vitamin E, lips are left soft and hydrated, while the sheer, shimmering finish provides easy-to-wear, comfortable, long-lasting color. Reminiscent and iridescent, Blue By You encourages us all to get out in the center of the dance floor, and strut our stuff.

Starting as a bold, soulful blue, the color transforms into a flattering, metallic raspberry pink that perfectly captures the medley of glistening magic within a disco ball, transforming you into a dancing queen in one swipe.

Saint and Sinner Plum ($24):

lqsaintstinnerplumlipsticks.PNG

Spoiler
Both lipsticks are described as a "Glamorous Blackberry Hue."

Saint formula details:
Designed for when you just want a tint of super flattering color. Each easy to wear shade contains 10% pigment, giving just a hint of long-lasting color. Build the shade for a more dramatic yet casual approach to glamour.

Sinner formula details:
Poppy designed Sinners to be the ultimate full-coverage matte lipsticks with 90% pigment.
The Sinner formula takes creaminess to a whole new level. The formulation glides on, lasts beautifully and feels great on the lips. Each shade has been meticulously designed to be the ultimate in its category - lighting up your face and your mood!

Dating Game Lipstick ($24):

102274150.jpg

Spoiler
What it is: A lipstick available in flirtatious shades that are vying to win your heart.

What it does: Lipstick Queen invites you to take a chance and play the dating game. Choose between full-coverage, creamy, pink suitors all with a rich, silky and polished finished. Nourishing shea butter and vitamin E combine for beautifully conditioned lips.

Mr. Right Now โ€“ a high-impact pink with cool blue undertones
Mr. Right โ€“ an upbeat, vibrant, bright rosy pink with a hint of cherry coral
Good Catch โ€“ a soft pink with warm undertones and a rosy blush finish
Bad Boy โ€“ a shocking pink with cool berry undertones

Past releases: 

Spoiler
Limited Edition Famous Last Words Cheers ($24):
8fc03371-2602-484c-a528-f4ccde76f906__83847.1510695377.jpg
Girls Will Be Boys ($25)
:
girlswillbeboys.PNG
Noire Metal & Cake Metal ($24)
:
lqnewmetals.PNG
Altered Universe Lip Gloss ($22)
:
lqaltereduniverseglosses.PNG
Nothing But Nudes
($24):
lipstickqueennothingbutnudes.PNG
Mornin' Sunshine ($25):
US300026772_LIPSTICK_Q.jpg
Famous Last Words ($24):
jmsjmasl.PNG
Lipstick Chess ($24):
lqspacenk.PNG
Tags:

Re: The Lipstick Queen Thread! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹ ๐Ÿ‘‘

@RGbrown  We'd better hurry up and get it; there's a lot of interest now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Ispend2much6

No peer pressure there, right? teehee ๐Ÿ˜›

Ohhhh, I've never seen this thread before...so glad to find it!

One I haven't seen mentioned:Screenshot_20171115-202446.png

Limited edition metallic! I've had it on my faves list at Ulta for a while now, and may talk myself into it with the 5x this week. ๐Ÿ˜€

Oooh, I must have missed that one! I'll add it to the OP. I can't wait to see some swatches of Cheers. It looks really pretty. If you end up buying it, definitely let us know what you think, @RGbrown. Same goes for you, @ZombieMetroAnt! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Talk yourself into it @RGbrown?  Guess what!  You talked me into it!  Smiley Wink  thanks for the post....

Just tried a LQ liquid for the first time....

LIPSTICK QUEEN Famous Last Words Liquid Matte Lipstick

lq.JPG

Oh my!  Now I understand all the hullabaloo!  The formula is very comfortable, not at all drying (and that's without my primer) and the color pay-off is fantastic!  I think I only reapplied once throughout the day and that was right after lunch.  Now I have to get the other shades Smiley Wink

Not dry? Oh dear...I may have to grab one! Thanks @ZombieMetroAnt!

Ohhhhh - I'll have to try this!!! โค๏ธ   @ZombieMetroAnt

Two new shades in The Metals lipstick collection - Noire Metal and Cake Metal.

newlqmetals.PNG

Noire Metal:

lqnoiremetalswatch.PNG

Cake Metal:

lqcakemetalswatch.PNG

I wonder if Cake Metal would be a good alternative to LQ's Let Them Eat Cake lipstick. A lot of people have complained about the latter's gritty texture. 

Ohhhh I wonder how it would compare too! I love the Cake Metal! On my list it goes ๐Ÿ˜„ Thx @lmi82

These are beautiful!   Yeah, I have Let Them Eat Cake - super expensive and gritty, but the color is lovely!  I don't use it much, though...  @lmi82

Oh man, these look absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks @lmi82 for posting....

oh man noire metal is soooo pretty ๐Ÿ˜. Thanks for posting...

oh man noire metal is soooo pretty ๐Ÿ˜. Thanks for posting @lmi82 - there's a good chance I wouldn't have seen this one.

Re: oh man noire metal is soooo pretty ๐Ÿ˜. Thanks for posting...

No problem, @niki172. I agree that Noire Metal is really pretty. It's a perfect holiday shade, too. 

New lipstick from Lipstick Queen. It looks interesting. I hope it actually does what it says.

I'd hate for this to be another makeup gimmick. 

Here's article from Teen Vogue about the lipstick:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/lipstick-queen-unisex-gray-lipstick

It's too much of a pain to screenshot the whole thing, so hopefully the link shall suffice. 

ETA: Looks like this lipstick will only be found on Lipstick Queen direct and Barneys:

lqgirlswillbeboysbarneys.PNG

I want this one too!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Re: Lipstick Queen Thread!

Swatches of Mornin' Sunshine via Temptalia.

lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_002_product.jpg

lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_006_swatch.jpg

lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_007_lipswatch.jpg

Just got a mini of this in a gwp, and I have to say I'm not that impressed with her color changing stuff, at least not on me. I swatched this a couple of months ago on the back of my hand, and it turned so bright I'd almost call it neon...but on my lips, it's barely noticeable. Same goes for Frog Prince and Hello Sailor...they just don't do anything for me. I really wanted to love them, but sadly, I don't. ๐Ÿ˜•

I do have some other stuff of hers that I love though, so hope is not lost on the brand lol ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, no! I'm sorry that LQ's color changing lipsticks haven't worked for you, @RGbrown. ๐Ÿ˜ž Those types of products can be really hit or miss. I haven't tried any of them because of that issue.  

@lmi82

Yeah, they can definitely be hit or miss. I have an old Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker lipgloss that works wonders.. turns a nice soft bubblegum pink on me, so I was excited to try the LQ version and bought mini sets for me and my sisters last year. I find it funny that the cheapo drugstore version suits me better...matches my cheapskate personality better I guess lol ๐Ÿ˜…

So pretty! This is on my list of things to get eventually. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 464 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos54
  • poppyking.PNG
  • lqspacenk.PNG
  • jmsjmasl.PNG
  • US300026772_LIPSTICK_Q.jpg
  • lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_002_product.jpg
  • lipstick-queen_mornin-sunshine_006_swatch.jpg