Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The GIVENCHY Thread.

givenchy is one of the luxury beauty brands that has a firm place in my heart. my first luxury lipstick (rouge interdit in 'pretty rose') was givenchy, and i treasured it. 

i'm not exactly on top of 'new releases' as such (though of course i'll share here as i stumble upon news), but i wanted to create a space for my fellow Givenchy beauty lovers !

here are 2 dated adverts from 2011 but i lovvvve them and and find them apt for the brand:

givenchy-beauty-ss-2011.jpg

givenchyaw11.jpg

Re: The GIVENCHY Thread.

@Mochapj i can't wait to see your pretties !!

Thank you for summoning me, darling.

I took the picture and then forgot to upload it 😄

I share your love for Givenchy too Heart. Besides everything the others already mentioned, Givenchy's Teint Couture in Elegant Porcelain is the only real match for my skin tone, all the others are just passable. Every time I try something new I regret 😕 

I'm glad you have a great match.  I feel the same way about the Eclat Matissime in No. 3 Sand.  Every time I wear it I'm surprised how much I like it.

It took years of "too yellow / too pink / too orange or too dark / too light" before I found it last year. I felt just like Goldilocks when I finally tried it 😄

@Ispend2much6 Isn't Eclat Matissime discontinued? I feel for you 😞 I'm always afraid they'll discontinue Teint Couture too 😕

Yes, it is.  It's still occasionally popping up on sites like Ruelala.  I also like their Teinte Couture balm.  It gives such a pretty finish, slightly glowy, to the skin.  The colors are more limited so I don't have quite the match I'd hoped for.

@Ispend2much6, I've never tried the balm, but it's on my list, it's an excellent line. The Embellishing Concealer stick from the Teint Couture line is great too. It's the best to hide the small areas of over pigmentation I have. I love it 🙂

I'm glad you mentioned that, @DaintyDiva.  I need a good concealer that won't flake over drier areas of my face, so I should give it a shot.

I wore the balm tonight with Josie Maran's Finishing balm, and yes, I still love it. 🙂  No finishing powder needed.

Hi Jemly,

I've recently become a lover of Givenchy, although I don't think my wallet is too fond, haha! 

I went into a Sephora store looking for a foundation and the Cast Member recommend me the Givenchy Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation and the Mister Mat Foundation Primer.

I have to say paying $38 for a primer was something that I was hesitant about, but I have no regrets! My nose gets oily through anything and everything, but the primer definitely helps me so that I don't have to blot as often! 

I was very worried about purchasing the foundation as a girl with an oily t-zone, I don't really need any more illumination than I already have, haha. But this foundation looks so beautiful and perfectly matches my skin! I find that even when I don't put primer on other areas of my face, besides my tzone, the foundation really lasts all day for me and I'm out of the house on weekdays for at least 12+ hours! 

They have a Prisme Libre Chinese New Year edition and the packaging is so gorgeous I'm tempted to bite the bullet and purchase it! 

XOXO,
Marieke

A Sephora cast member introduced me to the Teint Couture foundation, too. I'm just waiting to use up the last of my current foundation so I can buy it!

I'm currently in love with that black Rouge Interdit lipstick that turns your lips a pretty berry color.

IMG_3504.JPG

These are most of my Le Rouge lipsticks as well as a mascara. 

Left to right: Rose Taffetas, Magnolia Organza, Rouge Égérie, Rose D'Exception, Rose Dressing, Fuchsia Irrésistible, Grenat Initié, Rose Dentelle, Carmin Escarpin, and two Rose Dressing minis. 

I also have another holiday one and Brun Createur somewhere. 

I adore Givenchy.  The lipstick is among my favorite.  But beyond that, they get the romance of makeup.

My small collection consists of nearly all special packaging limited editions. I've never grouped them all together for a photo before, but it is rather pleasing.

Givenchy.jpg

I love that floral packaging! 

XOXO,
Marieke

So gorgeous and moody! Givenchy packaging is so swoon-worthy.

I really love the new Givenchy lip balm. The pink leather packaging is a huge plus, but I love the product itself. ❤️  

Yes yes yes. ♥ ♥ ♥ I'm tempted to just share my personal collection for now in lieu of having new releases to discuss.

@Gwenhwyfar please do ! i considered doing the same but my "collection" is subpar.... i know you have some beautiful things. i'd love to see it all together !!

I'll get on that when I'm back home. And even if you consider your collection to be "subpar", I would still love to see it! 🙂

I have an embarrassingly large collection of Givenchy lipsticks. The luxe packaging and formula were a big hit with me, and I hunted down so many shades. They are a big chunk of my ridiculous lipstick stock.

You're not alone!

3 Replies
testing