cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@Madeline7  I don't understand why it would be bad for dry skin.  It's loaded with silicones, which usually protect the moisture levels in the skin.   I have dry skin, rough and dry patches.  I applied it without moisturizer or primer yesterday, and it still looked pretty good.  It's the scent I can't deal with, because I'm extra sensitive to scents. 

It is not a full-cover foundation, so anyone expecting that will be disappointed.

I will say that it has more of a matte finish than a lot of popular foundations, and that can leave the skin looking a little dull if used on its own.

Ispend2much6 wrote:

@Madeline7  I don't understand why it would be bad for dry skin.  It's loaded with silicones, which usually protect the moisture levels in the skin.   I have dry skin, rough and dry patches.  I applied it without moisturizer or primer yesterday, and it still looked pretty good.  It's the scent I can't deal with, because I'm extra sensitive to scents. 

It is not a full-cover foundation, so anyone expecting that will be disappointed.

I will say that it has more of a matte finish than a lot of popular foundations, and that can leave the skin looking a little dull if used on its own.

The foundation I made for oily skin hence the velvet mate finish on the primer and how to foundation dries down and doesn't really need to be set if you have dry skin and want to try it you might need oils to hydrate your skin first or just wear it with a moisturizing primer. It's medium coverage but it is buildable. The formula is more water based than silicone ... it's for a natural look with out looking like cake face so that's maybe why you won't think it's buildable but I've applied two coats without color correcting and it gives good coverage you can also spot conceal if you need more covage but the products do it nicely .  Check out Sonjdradeluxe on YouTube she used it and she has dry patches maybe that can help you out 

I just bought primer, foundation (470), and lip gloss. I'm super excited to try it. I hope I got the right shade.

How did you like the primer? Would you say it's a necessary purchase?

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

My color IQ matched me for 450 but a SA matched me with 480. Now I gotta wait for the 450 I ordered to come in so I can return it. I'm glad I got the deluxe sample in 480. @Flykai

Omg tried it, bought it, love it. 

Anonymous Insider

Hello. Im a Nars tahoe shade. Does anyone know which fenty beauty shade will match ? 

I dont know what shade will work for you. I dont live near any Sephora I have to order online. This is what I did. I went to YouTube and searched for a foundation that I use and make sure to type in the shade. Now pick a couple of bloggerts who posted videos using that same shade go to their page see if they have posted anything about Fenty Beauty foundation. Whatever they pick will work for you too. I would check out a couple of different blogger just to make sure. I wear Nars foundation in Punjab so I should be fine with 240 in Fenty. I hope this helps. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much. Will search for it right away. Thanks 💕

Hi @Anonymous, Color IQ is your friend!

https://www.sephora.com/color-iq

If I put Nars Sheer Glow in Tahoe into the Color IQ, that pulls up Fenty shade 350. Putting All Day Luminous in Tahoe into the Color IQ pulls up Fenty Shade 310. I hope that gives you a starting point!

Temptalia had swatches of the Kilawatts and the Shimmer Sticks in the gallery:

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.50.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.50.28 AM.png

Thanks for the temptalia swatches @Mochapj

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I made an order so I would get a sample of the foundation, but my order is saying that my sample was cancelled. So I have no idea if I'll even be getting it at all. Without the sample, I have no idea what shade I would even be. My closest foundation match in the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra in shade 090. Also, has anyone else had their deluxe sample cancelled in their order? Cause I'm really confused as to why mine is.

Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Go to YouTube look up a foundation that you do use. Find videos of folks who match your shade then go to their page and see if they have tried Fenty Beauty foundation. I don't have a Sephora near me this is what I have to do. I follow a couple of beauty bloggers just because we match in foundation. I hope this helps. 

I wear Lancome Teint Idol in 090 too and I was matched to 120 in Fenty. My color IQ said 190 but that was way way to dark 

those who have bought the foundation, how's the coverage?...

those who have bought the foundation, how's the coverage? I've heard mixed reviews saying its full others saying its only medium? what are your thoughts?

@tisthebree do you happen to know your Color IQ number? If so this chart will help you figure out your shade: imgur (dot) com/a/gkMbi

mind_your_nanners on Reddit posted this a couple pf days ago and she said she works at Sephora 🙂

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I had this happen to be me. It was because the sample ran out of inventory. I didn't get a replacement deluxe sample. @tisthebree.
Anonymous Insider

So I got the shade 390 , which highlighter would you guys suggest?

There is color wheel in store that shows you what fits your foundation match

If you're looking for powder highlight, I definitely think Trophy Wife would be gorgeous. But if you're wanting some more bang for your buck, the duos are stunning. I went to the foundation and checked out your shade. I think that Girl Next Door/Chic Freak & Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby would be beautiful on your skin. 🙂
testing