cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Me too! For a subtle look, try the glimmer stick in the shade Sinnamon. If you want to go all out, get the Killawatt highlighter in Trophy Wife. It's a bright highlighter but it's gorgeous.

Hey, 

I would like some help in finding my shade. I usually wear Estée Lauder double wear in sandalwood or Mac Nc50.

@safisafs, if you're near a Sephora inside JCP, you may want to save the image in the spoiler to claim a free sample.  It's good with any purchase...and while you're there, they can probably match you up Smiley Wink

Spoiler
f1.JPGf2.JPGf3.JPG

I'm not near to any sephora...but i really want to try the fenty foundation 

Anonymous Insider

please do u know what color I should buy for the foundati...

please do u know what color I should buy for the foundation and that's my skin color plz am new at this help me Fenty Beauty

Re: please do u know what color I should buy for the foundati...

@Anonymous I am not 100% certain but I'm thinking either 460 or 470.  If you are near a store I certainly recommend going in and swatching some along your jawline to be sure.  Also, don't forget it takes about a minute for it to settle into the skin.  Hope that helps 😄

@safisafs  If you place an order online, you can try using the promo code Fenty Face for a sample. ❤️

ZombieMetroAnt wrote:

@safisafs, if you're near a Sephora inside JCP, you may want to save the image in the spoiler to claim a free sample.  It's good with any purchase...and while you're there, they can probably match you up Smiley Wink

Spoiler
f1.JPGf2.JPGf3.JPG

ZombieMetroAnt wrote:

Spoiler
f1.JPGf2.JPGf3.JPG

Have you ever done this with other products cause I never knew you could do this!

@Kilo123  They will do that with just about anything in the store.  I've gone into ours and received handmade sample pots of facial products and body care.  If it can be put into a plastic pot, it will probably be available as a take-home sample.

Does anyone know the colors in the deluxe sample for the foundation? I literally cannot tell cause it does this like yo I mean I think I kind of know but like I also don't help lmaoooo I want my free sample.

150, 210, 220, 340, 420, 480 @anhsthetic

@Mochapj I love you, thanks so much babydoll ♥

Does the foundation oxidize? 

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Definitely oxidized on me. Tried my shade[210] and then the next shade lighter[200] both dried down looking great but after a couple of hours turned orange

Yes and no @Xati (don't you just love those answers, lol).

So I watched a video Fenty posted by a makeup artist who insisted the foundation didn't oxidize (I assume based on the technical definition of oxidizing).  What I will say is that the foundation take a moment to settle into the skin.  As others have mentioned both as a reply to you and thoughout this thread, Sephora SAs have been recommending that customers buy a shade lighter than what they might typically select to counteract the settling in.  It also appears that the Color IQ feature takes this inconsideration as the shade I ended up purchasing was noted under my complexion recommendations.

That's a great tip!  Thanks @ElleElleG

@Xati agreed it does oxidize. I actually heard sephora is encouraging people to buy a shade lighter because its oxidizing on everyone. 

@Xati The foundation does oxidize on me.

I tried this foundation on at Sephora and we all know the lighting at Sephora is not the greatest Lighting in the world I have combination dry to oily skin but more on the dry side I would describe this Foundation or compare it to Born This Way which is also a matte finish Foundation I personally need a dewy foundation and this Foundation although it is light I found that it caked around my nose. The color matches are pretty great there's so many options so once you choose the colors that are closest to your skin the process is pretty easy just narrow it down. I think the packaging is great and very clean the bottles also unique and I actually love the bottle but I'm not sure if I love the formula as much I will be giving this another chance I want to like it so much because it's Rihanna i just don't know! Anyone else feel like this with her foundation?

i just popped in real quick to get a feel for the foundation and am not sure how i feel. It looked kind of dry on my hand and sunk into the lines so i don't have hopes for it not doing that on my face.  I thought to get a sample or just buy it to try but i just wasn't really feeling it and the display was pretty crowded with the youngins ha. Im not sure that the formula is something i go for nowadays

I also played with the h/l which were already pretty gross, and caked up to hard pan. I liked metal moon? And the lightening duo shade but again it seemed kind of sparkly. so i didn't get it, idk . The only thing i liked and already ordered was the gloss, which im not a fan of the scent ugh struggle

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

So I tried the foundation with the Hangover primer and my foundation looked HORRIBLE!!! Should I just get the primer????
1 Reply
testing