Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Once Upon A Time we fell in love with an indie brand...

now we have a place to discuss and post updates as the brand continues to grow! 

WW.png

WWshdes.png

Re: Storybook Cosmetics Thread

@Mcakes nice!!  This will be me when I get my first brush... 

SUBSCRIBED!

LOL @ZombieMetroAnt! It will be a magical moment 😄 

Cute read about the owners:

sisters.png

Spoiler
Ever since identical triplets Erin, Mandy and Missy Maynard were born something magical has always been part of their story. From a brief blip singing on American Idol as teenagers, to each launching their own successful online business- they are more than a triple threat. “As fangirls of all things sparkly, magical and mystical it was the logical next step to crossover our businesses into cosmetics,” said Mandy Maynard. “It’s a passion project that my sisters and I have been working on for a few years!” The passion project, Storybook Cosmetics™ went viral in October of 2016 and has the masses (and media) chomping at the bit for their magic wand-shaped makeup brushes and storybook inspired makeup. Their Wizard Wand brushes sold out immediately leaving fans wanting more.

“We're busy creating a full-line of products at Storybook Cosmetics™ including exclusive eye-shadow palettes that come in hardcover books, liquid eyeliners, lipsticks and makeup brushes all inspired by our favorite stories,” said Missy Maynard. “We are really proud to offer a mix of both licensed collabs and products that are our own unique, original creations, inspired by all the magical stories we grew up with and loved,” said Erin Maynard. “We want to thank everyone for their patience as we perfect each product! We promise it will be worth the wait!”

You can follow the Triplets online at:
@TheGeekyCauldron, @TheSorcerersPhone and @HalfbloodPrints

mean.JPG

From PopSugar: LOL at the "you go, glen coco" comment Cat LOL

Spoiler
After nearly a year of planning (and a year of us waiting impatiently), the Storybook Cosmetics Mean Girls palette finally has a launch date. And it's Oct. 3. OK, not officially, but we do know that the 12 shades will come out sometime in October. We're so frickin' excited, we might just dress up like Santa and shout, "You go, Glen Coco!"

The dreamy brand that's behind the viral Harry Potter palette and Beauty and the Beast-esque rose brushes posted a video to their Instagram that showed one of the colors swatched reading, "WEDNESDAY" (in pink, of course).

Perhaps the fetch-est news of all is that this palette isn't limited edition. Just don't wait as long as Caty did to tell Aaron Samuels that she secretly liked math to scoop this up. We're sure this product is going to sell out faster than news of the Burn Book spread throughout the halls of North Shore high.

Speaking of the Burn Book, don't forget that there's another Mean Girls-inspired beauty launch coming soon from UK-brand Spectrum. Since that line is made up of 10 brushes, you'll be able to use it with the Storybook palette.

A vanity full of products inspired by one of the greatest films of all time? This just might be the best news since Gretchen Weiner's father invented Toaster Strudel.

---end of article.  Did you guys see this post on their IG - 
mean.JPG

The BullsEye Brush and Quiver set is in production! They figured out a way to make sure the brushes don't touch the bottom. 

bullseye.png

bullseyetop.png

bullseyeset.png

I thought it was cute that these are precision eye brushes and the name of the set is BullsEye 😄

This brush set is too cute!

The Wizard Wands will be back in stock soon! During their most recent Facebook Live Missy and Erin said they just wanted to get the palette Pre-Sale out of the way first before the restock. 

wands.png

wands2.png

still sad I missed out on these 😞

I think the black/gunmetal set is part of their permanent collection. It might be out of stock right now, but they'll restock it again. They also mentioned that they're planning to release the gold and rose gold brushes twice more this year.

I actually have this brush set and the quality seems really awesome.  There is a lot of heft/weightbto the brushes and they are so beautiful in person.  Unfortunately, I cannot bring myself to actually use them..... Maybe someday....

FullSizeRender(20).jpg

I love this brush set! 😍

Sweet! Thanks for starting this @Mcakes 🙂 I'll add this to the list of threads

Thank you @veronika23! I am so excited about this brand 😄 

@Mcakes  yeah it looks like they have a lot of things they'd like to come out with. 🙂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos123
  • FullSizeRender(20).jpg
  • WW.png
  • WWshdes.png
  • wands.png
  • wands2.png
  • bullseye.png
  • bullseyetop.png
  • bullseyeset.png
  • sisters.png