Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Marc Jacobs Eyeliners!

So I'm debating between the Marc Jacobs Highliner and the Fineliner.  My question is - is the Fineliner really that much better for waterline and tightening?  I have a sample size of a Highliner and it's OK, but looked patchy and chunky on the lower lid and barely showed on my waterline.  To be fair, it's an old pencil so that could be it.  

I'm leaning towards the Highliner but want to hear from anyone with experience using the Fineliner!

Re: Marc Jacobs Eyeliners!

Hi - I own a number of both the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner and the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner and I found there are trade-offs for both.  The Fine-liner is more delicate and easier to do your waterline and tight-line but it only comes in a few shades and they're all in a satin finish and I find because it is a smaller tip it is more fragile and I often break it off. The High-liner comes in a rainbow of color choices and different finishes and and is easier to apply with a bigger tip but it is hard to get a very tight clean line as an eyeliner and the sharpener is quite troubling to use/figure out. I would not try tight-lining with the High-liner because of that but you can also use the Highliner as an eye shadow shade. Hope that helps.

That does help, makes total sense!  I noticed the color selection is very small for the Fineliner, so that's disappointing.  I do really like the idea of the smaller tip for more control and precision.  Great info, thank you!!

@stacy2455 Like many customers, I tried the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner when I got it as a birthday gift from Sephora.  I know it works for a lot of people, but it didn't work for me.  I found that it didn't seem to glom onto my lash line, and it was almost useless on my waterline.  I picked up the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner during the sale, and the texture was so much better.  (I wonder if I got a bum Highliner.)  The Fineliner felt more like how I would expect a gel liner to be.  It spread really easily across my lashline.  This is quite different from my experience with Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner Obsidian (I bought two) as it was on the dry side and I would frequently have to go over the line I made - which then thickened the line.  The Revlon ColorStay skinny liner was similar to the HG.

However, I found the that Fineliner doesn't give me as tight of a line as the others.  I think it may be b/c it's too soft.  Of course, I think a lot probably has to do with my technique.  I recently complimented @Samtian for her tightlining that she got with a regular tip from an Ulta pencil liner, so I know skill is involved.

I haven't tried the Fineliner on my waterline yet.  

Oh - one more word about skinny liners.  The HG and Revlon only lasted 3-4 weeks for me.  I'm thinking the Fineliner will go quickly as well.  This may factor into your decision.

RE: Re: Marc Jacobs Eyeliners!

Ok this is good to know! That kind of confirms my suspension about the Highliner so I’m pretty sure I’ll pass on it for now. I’m definitely interested in the Ulta liner, I’m not too bad with technique so it’s worth a shot! Thank you so much!

Re: RE: Re: Marc Jacobs Eyeliners!

@stacy2455 Yes! It was the Ulta Gel Eyeliner I used. 

Re: RE: Re: Marc Jacobs Eyeliners!

@stacy2455 I believe @Samtian used the Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing