cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Kosas

Hi ladies 🙂

I've heard good things about this brand through makeup artists, but wondered if any BIC members had a chance to try their products. If you tried it, I'd be very grateful if you could share your experiences.

I am particularly interested in their Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint Tone 05

I've searched for a Kosas topic or something specific about the Tinted Face Oil and didn't find anything, so let's use this topic to talk about Kosas products!

Re: Kosas

I've reached out to Lisa's customer service several times with no responses!  I'm trying to get a sample of the TFO to determine the right shade. Any suggestions for getting a sample of 3 or 3.5?

Any help is appreciated!

Kosas' customer service. (auto correct!)

Thanks for the tag @Cyncynn. I haven't made my way to any of my local Sephoras (I'm lucky and have a few options in my area) but should run over and check it out. The thin liquid seems quite appealing.

@Cyncynn Thanks for the update! I'll contact them for samples too and see how I feel about it. Unfortunate that at this point I'll probably find out too late for the sale, but I'm not out of my NARS foundation anyways. 

If I were you, i'd purchase while the sale is on lol ..buy now, decide later 🙂

@Cyncynn I ended up getting Tone 5, which was a much better match for me than Tone 4 (colors are indeed misleading on the site!)

Trying it out today and totally agree with how beautiful it makes the skin look!! There's definitely a learning curve lol. It looks much better than my usual foundations/cc creams IMO.

I haven't noticed any transferring (for now) since applying it at 6:45am, it's not 4:15pm... but i did set my t-zone with Cover FX setting powder. i also used the Milk Blur Stick and it didn't cause pilling.

Did you also notice when applying, it's a bit streaky? I found that i had to go back in with a dry beauty blender to tap it in/blend.

It's quite glowy indeed, i'm glad i didn't use higlighter! I blot a bit on my nose but didn't notice any transfer, so far it's holding up! 

I feel like my face looked very fresh right after application, much better than the FAB Skin Tint. My freckles still showed through but it did a fantastic job at covering other things i wanted covered.

I'm finally embracing my freckles and I'm starting the less is more approach with makeup and focusing on skincare.

I rarely take selfies nowadays so I had to take 50 this morning to get my preferred angle haha! I used 3 drops and there was still a bit left on the back of my hand.

Please ignore all of my parrot's stuff in the background lol

Not 100% sold on it yet though, I'm not sure how i feel about all the glow by noon, but we'll see how I feel after a few more uses 🙂 

IMG_4309.JPG

Have you tried layering another foundation on top for more coverage? I'm not sure how well it works with other base products. 

@mmmiu you look so glowy and cute!! I definitely love the freckles. It’s hard to tell you're wearing anything on your skin tbh

I ordered this and ended up returning it after two uses.. although I  think I jumped the gun too quickly and didn't give the product a fair chance. 

I used it with the First Aid Beauty Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer as my base but I don't think it worked well together. The tint just looked streaky no matter how much I blended and the oils didn't quite absorb. I took it off pretty much immediately and returned it haha. 

Texture wise, it's definitely runny and felt like an oil. I found it didn't wipe off my fingers easily with tissue, maybe something to keep in mind when wearing light colored clothes?

I think I might order another one along with a different primer, the FAB may have been too hydrating(??) and just didn't allow the oils to sink in. Or perhaps I didn't need a primer at all. I've seen waay too many positive reviews on YT that makes me want to try it again.

I do use the Coola matte tinted sunscreen everyday, but I always give it 10-15 min to sink in before apply any makeup. The silicones in the sunscreen didn't cause any pilling, likely because I waited several minutes.

@mmmiu Thank you for sharing your experience. My main concern is transfer to be honest. I like to mix mineral foundation with oils and love how it looks, but it transfers a lot if I have to spend time on the phone. I was hoping they had perfected the mix.

@mmmiu thanks for the review.

I don't wear primer but would assume the oil based foundation and a water based primer wouldn't mix well. Did you ever try it without primer? If you do get it again, I would be curious about your second impression.

Already sitting in my cart 😁. Fingers crossed I’ll love it...third times’s the charm! Application wise lol

@Cyncynn I've also been curious.... hopefully a few people try it with the upcoming sale and we can get some more data 🤓

I am curious about this foundation, too @Cyncynn. has anyone tried the Cream Blush? 

@bakeamuffin I love cream blushes and would love to hear about their formula as well.

I do wish they had more shades too.

@Cyncynn  I tried a sample of this from another site and I personally did not like it. I thought it felt very greasy applied and found it didn't wear particularly well for me throughout the day - it broke up a lot. As was mentioned I think a couple of other people tried it and I think @darlyndar said it worked well for her if I remember correctly 

@Kim888 Thank you so much and you addressed my main concern!

It's an interesting concept and I have mixed face oil with mineral foundation before and though I loved how it looked (I'm into the whole dewy look) it wasn't very long wearing and I had transfer issues.

Where did you order a sample from? Was the color/coverage forgiving or you have to really "nail" the right shade?

@Cyncynn  you can get 4 samples for like $8-10 (depending on your state tax) from detox market. Just click into the product and some (incuding the kosas) will say sample it

@Cyncynn @ShortErica, I think @darlyndar has tried the 
Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint Tone 05

My recollection is that she mentioned it in a haul post, but I don't remember if it was this month or last month.

@itsfi Thank you so much! I'm hoping to hear back from her, since I'm really tempted to pick it up on the sale lol

I trust BICers a lot more than reviews and "influencers".

I don't know how you do it @itsfi - thanks for tagging her and hopefully we'll get some advice on it

Image result for animal with good memory

@ShortErica LOL

I love this image and saved it in my computer. I was planning on e-mailing Kosas to see if there's any chance they can sell samples or something through their website. If I do I'll let you know 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 127 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos7
  • IMG_4309.JPG
  • 8E80EF95-7A95-4E79-B0B7-E83BAAD7C3D3.jpeg
  • BA6B4DEC-53B5-44C6-9E3E-50349A2A9760.jpeg
  • D6D70F1C-4D09-4E22-9DE4-CB3B8B0D8489.jpeg
  • C93A0F04-40F9-4E4C-B253-8E9C141EA260.jpeg
  • 4D9FE90F-D5DB-4D20-8039-005A0903BC54.jpeg