cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

I have been having difficulty posting reviews, so I'll just add my thoughts here 🙂 Thank you @TeamBIC for giving me the opportunity to try these products out!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette: I've been getting more into cream blushes, so this came at the perfect time. These are great for beginners. You can either use your fingers or a brush, such as the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99. These are easy to build up & blend out, and there is a nice variety in shades. I feel Candied works better for my skin tone, but I'm liking Spiced during these colder months. I also like that, like other Sephora Collection palettes, it comes with an elastic band to keep it secure, especially when traveling. It doesn't come with a mirror, due to the clean packaging, but I don't normally use the mirrors in palettes anyway 🙂

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99: Sephora brushes never disappoint! I don't think I have any brushes like this. This works nicely with the cream blush palettes, given its spade shape. It doesn't pick up too much product, & it's so soft. Plus, it's easy to clean.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL: I'm sensitive to scents, so I was nervous to see apple cider vinegar listed on the packaging, but this didn't really bother me, perhaps because it gets washed out. I don't normally use scalp scrubs, so I had to work with it at first. I found that less is more, since the first couple times, I used too much & it took some time to wash out, & tangled my hair. Now I start with a little, & add more if I need it.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask in Strawberry: This smelled so good, I love fruity scents! It was a little big for me, but it fit well. There was more than enough serum included, as the mask was drenched. It was refreshing. I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin, but it's perfect for when you need to do some self-care.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush: I used this as a cleansing brush. I like that this has a silicone center with brush fibers surrounding it. It feels nice on the skin, like a massage. A pro about this brush, over an electronic brush, is that you have more control over the pressure. I like using this in the shower as well, but I make sure to take it out of the shower to let it dry thoroughly. I would love to see some kind of case for the head to prevent it from getting misshapen during travel. I also wonder how to properly clean it.

Thank you again @TeamBIC for letting me try out these great products!

Oh no, sorry to hear that you're running into trouble leaving reviews on the product pages @ohheyitscindyk! We sent you a PM about this and would love to learn more. 

We're happy that you enjoyed testing out these products! The blush palettes and blush brush sound like a perfect match - glad you got to try them out together. 😊

Hey @TeamBIC, I was posting my review on the product page and noticed that the cream blush shades are actually listed out of order on the demo photo (shade 3 & 4 are flipped). This could be confusing for people trying to match up the shades when reading reviews. Any chance this can be fixed?

ED3E9C64-9F51-4CD4-BEDA-89DD133F504F.jpeg

Photo from Sephora product detail page

C9AA2E3C-5E00-4ABE-AED0-93F1AE67F6A5.jpeg

Photo of the products I received

Wow thank you for that @Guessgal!! Super appreciate that you noticed and shared so we can get the right teams to correct it. 

@Guessgal Thanks for calling this out! We have forwarded this to the appropriate team to update. 

Thank you for this amazing opportunity to try these products, I really enjoyed it + found a few faves I'll add to my routine 😍

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 

I forgot how amazing SC brushes are - I lost most of mine during moving 1.5 years ago so it was a really well-timed reminder to start planning my brush update shopping!

As a person who usually applies cream blushes with her fingers, I found this brush easy to use, without the colored finger mess. It helped me to create more natural looks with feather-light application, the look which I could previously achieve only with powder blushes.

##SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette in Spiced and Candied

And the blushes are so pigmented that my first (generous) swipe surprised me - I looked like a Russian doll!

I have a light skin so any of these colors pop magnificently; "Candied" palette looks more natural on the light skin, and a single color brown from "Spiced" works well if you're going for the natural look. I prefer to dab it with my fingers but application with brush works too.
p.s. I tried to apply this blush to my lips as a multi-function product but it dried them. No go there.

#SEPHORA COLLECTION Hair Cleansing Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL  

As I mentioned in the review, I'm not the scalp scrub person - the salt gets stuck in my hair, never reaching the scalp, and I end up just shampooing my head as per usual 🤷‍♀️ 

This particular scrub got my hair quite tangled + washed out my red hair dye a bit too well (doing a good imitation of a hair color remover). I did not expect that last bit - my hair color became very muted and thus I had to go for another appointment to get a vibrant color for the holidays.

#SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry

It's a nice light mask. My combination skin gets quite dry during the Canadian winters and this mask felt too light to count as nourishing now. It's just not the season / skin type for it to shine. I'd go for a much more nourishing face mask sheet instead tbh.

However, I totally see it working well in summers or non-Canadian-winter climate. 

#SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush

I usually use a konjac facial sponge (if anything) during my bedtime routine, and I was very curious to try a brush for a change. I think it feels quite nice, however, I find that a konjac sponge removes makeup and dirt better and, as a result, provides better exfoliation. I did not notice any effect on my pores, compared to the sponge.

Thank you so very much to @TeamBIC for the opportunity to try these lovely Sephora Collection treats! I am a huge fan of SC products and I am always so impressed with the quality, especially since they are so affordable!!!

21913040-727A-4787-8D26-F581E3584EEA.jpeg

Here are my thoughts:

• Clean Cream Blush Palettes in Candied and Spiced: The color payoff is incredible and they blend in so well!!!

174445B9-02A6-47A4-BA4C-0CD3CC878DE7.jpeg

456BC8B8-C0A7-4E5D-863F-4B1FC470C71D.jpeg

•Sephora Pro Blush Brush 99: I am a huuuuge fan of SC brushes - the quality is incredible and I have several in my collection! This one has been on my loves list for a while and it does not disappoint!!!

• Exfoliating Scalp Scrub: This is my favorite product in the box - There is nothing more soothing than a great scalp scrub!

• Strawberry Clean Face Mask: I love Sephora Collection Face Masks because they are so affordable and they work really well!! This one smells amazing - I adore sweet fruit scents!

•Cleansing Brush: This is a manual brush with super soft and firm bristles - great for cleansing and exfoliating!

I am honored to be included in this gifting opportunity! Thank you again!!!💗💗💗

@Tamara76 I love your candy swatches!

Awww thank you, @Mellmars1185 💕💕

Such cute swatches 🤩

Thank you @nyfashionista 💕💕

@Tamara76 congrats! love your swatches!!

Thank you so much @Kim888 💕💕💕

@Tamara76 Congrats on this gratis!

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! I LOVE Sephora Collection💕

Congratulations, @Tamara76!! 🎉 Cute swatches!!

Thanks so much @haleyvvvv 💕

Congratulations, @Tamara76! 🎉 SC has such great products! 

Thank you @curlychiquita ! I agree! I'm a huge fan of SC products💕

@TeamBIC I've had some time to experiment with my lovely gratis, so I wanted to share my thought here after I posted my reviews:

SC Clean Face Mask (I'm unable to tag): Like having an at-home spa.  My face felt more supple and shiny after use.  Here's a tip: keep this mask in a warm room before applying, so it will feel warm on your skin.  How warm?  Let's just say I like to keep a space heater in my bathroom.  Anyhow, this was plenty moist and smelled yummy.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL : A novel approach to hair care.  I wash my hair once a week, so a good scalp scrub is always needed.  What I did was use this gently, and I had nice results.  Moving forward, I will concentrate on where I need the scrubbing the most.  It's also nice to have a two-in-one product.  Will it replace my usual shampoo?  Probably not, but it's great for when you're short on time.  And here's a tip: if you're hesitant to use this instead of your shampoo, mix it with your usual shampoo for a cleansing cocktail.

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 : Not you average blush brush!  This is a spade shape which makes it good for applying those cream brushes, or for contouring.  The bristles are high quality, and feel nice on the skin.  If you're looking to expand your horizons, check this out.  Paired nicely with the SC cream blushes in the gratis!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette : Easy to use - just dip your fingers in and stipple then blend, or use brush #99 by SC!  Love that there is a variety of colors in each palette, especially the cool toned Lilac in the Candied one.  The Candied collection works for my coloring.  The Spiced collection is a little dark for me, but if I were more skilled I could use it for a more gradient effect on my cheeks.  As it is, it's a nice set for lips!  And you could even put a lip topper on for more fun.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush : For my purposes, I used this as a cleansing brush.  The bristles were just the right texture - soft but firm and seemed like they'd hold up over time.  As long as you apply the right amount of pressure, this can help remove dirt/grime or makeup.  I think it's superior to some of those high-tech brushes (Clarisonic, I'm talking to you) b/c it's smaller so it gives you more control when cleansing.  Plus, the price is so much better!  For me, I wouldn't use this to remove a full face of makeup - but I'd use is as a second cleanse after removing makeup.  So, it's a win-win no matter how you use it.

Thanks again, BIC, for this opportunity!  It gave me the chance to try beauty products I would not have ordinarily gravitated toward - but I'm glad I did.  It was very generous.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg
  • 14B94766-7767-4AB0-B601-FB37DC541A79.jpeg
  • ACCAB62E-6327-48DB-9615-92634C2A9D8F.jpeg
  • 8C84DDB2-72B6-4D5D-8CA9-CC5D44E24B44.jpeg