cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

I've finally gotten around to trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry  It was a cold and miserable experience haha. I'm going to have to retry this in the summer when my house isn't so cold. It fit on my face well enough and I had left it on for about 15 minutes. My skin was red after but in the morning it looked fine. Can't say I noticed any nourishing but my skin did look a little smoother.

Oh good note on the redness @Samtian - that happens to me too after strawberry products. I wonder why that is? Won't stop me from using it, though! 

@CarolBT @itsfi might know! I don't use strawberry often, that might be one of the first few times.

@Samtian, I think your redness from the strawberry 🍓 mask may be due in part to an allergy / sensitivity to vitamin C. Strawberry is a source of vitamin C. @CarolBT, do you know if you have an allergy or sensitivity to vitamin C?

Oh @itsfi I don't know if I do, but I have very sensitive skin overall. I turn red at virtually anything: hot water, hot beverage, alcohol, spicy foods, certain products, etc. Good to know!

@itsfi Awe darn it I had no idea haha. Thank you!

I forgot to mention I did notice a strawberry candy smell, but not while wearing it.

I have posted reviews, but wanted to share here my updated thoughts here.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

Gentle, Effective, and Easy on the Senses

When I read that ACV is the star ingredient in this scrub, I was more than slightly concerned. Its scent is generally so pervasive, that I braced for the worst. Instead, I was greeted with an apple-y sweet, fruity concoction that leans more tropical than medicinal. The scrub itself has rather large granules generously dispersed in a frosting-like translucent paste. I do not have a sensitive scalp, but it makes me think that those who do may want to use a gentle touch when using this. After using it once a week for one month, I have found it to be less drying than many other scalp scrubs. My hair still squeaks after rinsing, but not as significantly as with other products. I used a hair mask each time after this, alternating between different brands/lines, wearing the mask overnight and styling the next day. Overall, my hair texture feels slightly improved, which could be due to the fact that consistency with deep-cleaning/masking means healthier hair. But for the value and enjoyable experience using this scrub, it is one I plan to keep in my routine.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry 

The mask is a thinner consistency, with serum that was noticeably sweet, with maybe a hint of artificial strawberry. The fit was overall good; just a little big at the top and sides. The sheet itself was drenched, allowing for a wear time of around 20 minutes. I could have worn it another 5 minutes, without it drying down. When I removed it, my skin only felt slightly tacky, which was tempered by my moisturizer before heading to bed. This was a decent mask, one that I would use again as it caused no irritation or redness. I am all for more fruity scents!

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 

Ideal for Cream Blush Blending

This blush brush has a flattened, tapered profile, which is unique from other blush brushes that I have tried. In comparison to the Pro Brush Blush 96, it is about 2/3 the size, with shorter (and what looks like less) bristles. I use this for cream blush exclusively, as the synthetic hairs do not absorb product like natural ones do. The shorter hairs result in more deliberate application, with the tapered end allowing for gradient-style blending. I find myself having to put in some effort in the initial application to my face, but in dispersing, it works beautifully in creating a soft, natural look.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette Candied 

Easy Beginner Blush Palette

Formula
True to their description, these blushes feel more cream-powder than cream-emollient. When first testing these, it was challenging to properly apply, and here is why. While the formula is buildable, it adheres so well that dispersing it can be tricky. My cheeks tend to be dry, so using a little extra moisturizer on them prior to application is helpful. In addition, I apply the blush directly to my skin with my finger, using more pressure at the top of my cheekbone, in one quick sweep. I then use the Sephora Pro Blush Brush 99 to blend it out.

Shades Candied
All four shades in this palette are pink or lean pink on my neutral olive skin. The top two are matte, with the bottom two a rosy mauve with a blue-pink shimmer, and coral with pink shimmer. They do leave a stain, which is ideal for the face but not for the fingers. It is not a dealbreaker, just worth mentioning.

Packaging/Design
Having four blushes in a single palette makes it easy to add dimension and depth. It also provides a great starting point for blending/mixing shades. I would love to see a mirror inside, but as with other ‘clean’ brand lines that opt out of including a mirror due to reducing waste, I am not surprised. The palette is lightweight thanks to cardboard packaging (and lack of mirror), and the little wrap around color-coordinated elastic band is a nice touch.

Bold and Blendable

Formula
True to their description, these blushes feel more cream-powder than cream-emollient. When first testing these, it was challenging to properly apply, and here is why. While the formula is buildable, it adheres so well that dispersing it can be tricky. My cheeks tend to be dry, so using a little extra moisturizer on them prior to application is helpful. In addition, I apply the blush directly to my skin with my finger, using more pressure at the top of my cheekbone, in one quick sweep. I then use the Sephora Pro Blush Brush 99 to blend it out.

Shades Spiced
These are all very rich shades that seem best suited for tan/deeper tones. The top two shades have a slight shimmer, the pink with blue-pink, and the right, a coppery-pink. The top right copper shade gives my cheekbones definition, while the pink adds dramatic flush just above. They do leave a stain, which is ideal for the face but not for the fingers. It is not a dealbreaker, just worth mentioning.

Packaging/Design
Having four blushes in a single palette makes it easy to add dimension and depth. It also provides a great starting point for blending/mixing shades. I would love to see a mirror inside, but as with other ‘clean’ brand lines that opt out of including a mirror due to reducing waste, I am not surprised. The palette is lightweight thanks to cardboard packaging (and lack of mirror), and the little wrap around color-coordinated elastic band is a nice touch.
Simple, Effective, and Easy to Use
Having used a Clarisonic for years, and over-exfoliating to the point of cracked skin on my cheeks, I hesitated at the thought of reintroducing a cleansing brush into my routine. This little tool has taught me quite the opposite! Manual vs. electronic means that I have more control over the pressure and degree of scrubbing. The design of the brush allows for an extra-gentle cleansing if desired, with feathery-light bristles on the exterior. For a deeper cleanse, add more pressure and the interior silicone ‘noodles’ provide a more thorough wash. The size and shape make this an easy tool to use. The minimalist design and gray handle make it an attractive addition to the countertop. Not to mention, the price makes it an affordable option for gifting or for those just getting into beauty/skincare.

Thanks again @TeamBIC for the opportunity to test these new products!

For some reasons, I can’t Tag the Strawberry Mask in my reviews and the app deleted the review on my last post. So here it is!

STRAWBERRY MASK :  

I was absolutely impressed by this mask!! 🤩 its so soothing!! My skin was immediately calm and brighter. All of this in only 5 minutes! 

The essence absorbs fast into the skin and it was easy to layer my other skin care products afterwards. 

I would absolutely repurchased this! I truly enjoyed it 🙂

01F79112-F554-425C-8297-AD65EC1C7D77.jpeg65504B76-C251-4326-83B3-1E332B43CFC9.jpeg

@SarahNaelle Oh no 😓 Sorry the app ate your review on your last post! Was the text there when you hit "Post"? 

So happy to hear you liked SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry! I love these SC masks (pineapple is my fave), and need to try the strawberry version. 😊 Does the product tag show up if you type "#Sephora Collection strawberry"?

The review was there when I press “post”. Than it was deleted once I tried to see it.

and yes I really tried a lot of combinations and for some reasons, I couldn’t tag the product. Is it because it’s out of stock?

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette Candied & SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette Spiced 

I fell in love with those blush palettes! They give just the right pigment and both palettes can, together, fit all skin tones (the darker shades can be used as bronzer or for contouring for some). 

I find the application easy : I personally prefer to do it with a brush, but you can also do it with your fingers. Both give great results. 

Finally, the blushes last all day! The creamy, velvety texture helps for that. 

This brush is AMAZING! Love it so much that I decided to buy the foundation brush from their same collection!

It works well with all types of blush to (liquid, creamy & powdery). 

The bristles are soft, yet hard enough to stay in shape and are easy to wash. Also, you can see they are good quality. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

As someone with coily hair, I find this scrub a bit drying on its own. So I wouldn’t use it more than once a month, or every two weeks.

However, with a thick conditionner after, I dont have much trouble. My scalp do feels more clean and my hair are easy to detangle and style. 

I do feel this would fit caucasien’s hair better, but it’s the best hair scrub I’ve tried for coily hair so far. It’s easy to wash off (nothing was stuck in my hair afterwards) & you can limit the drying effect better (with a thick conditioner, as I said earlieI was absolutely impressed by this mask!! 🤩 its so soothing!! My skin was immediately calm and brighter. All of this in only 5 minutes! 

The essence absorbs fast into the skin and it was easy to layer my other skin care products afterwards. 

I would absolutely repurchased this! I truly enjoyed it 🙂

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush 

This cleansing brush surprised me! Its gentle, yet effective. 

It’s simple and delivers! I love the combination between the synthetic vegan fibers and the silicone center. It makes a great balance for a deep, non-stripping cleanse. 

Face MaskFace MaskBlushesBlushesHair scrubHair scrubCleansing brushCleansing brushBlush BrushBlush BrushFace MaskFace Mask

I feel bad to be doing reviews in segments and I hope I'm not doing any duplicate posts, but I have been using the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99 and have really been enjoying it. Thank you again @TeamBIC. I really like the flat shape of this brush for applying cream blush to specific, targeted areas of my cheeks. The bristles are very soft and somewhat dense. The brush blends cream formulas very nicely and doesn't apply too heavily, resulting in a natural look. It's a very versatile brush. I haven't been doing much in the way of contour lately because of COVID and mask wearing, but I can't wait to try it out using cream contour. I think it will work nicely.

Ok so I’ve had some time to really test out these products and here’s my thoughts. I’ve already posted on each product page. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL  when I got this I was a little nervous my dry colour treated hair would become more dry but I used it and followed with a moisture mask. The results are amazing. My hair feels super clean and I have extra shine and my hair isn’t as weighed down. I had been using the ouai version and I like it but I think I will definitely switch and repurchase the SC one. 

B926F28C-30CD-483C-A141-403A1677B586.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to replace my blush brush but I haven’t found one I loved. This came at the right time. I don’t like a big blush brush I like a smaller dome type and this checks all my boxes. It blends beautifully. I really enjoy this brush. 

E2A8F8D4-5897-4E84-9AAF-E54D80DD7DE4.jpeg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette Spiced and candied  

I have been waiting for these to come out. I’ve definitely been loving cream products more and more and after the eyeshadow palette came out I was so hoping they would launch a blush. I have been using these every day. I was surprised that the spiced palette became my favourite but I think I will use the candied one more in the spring and summer. I love to mix and match the shades in this palette. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush  I have been using silicone scrubies forever. But this brush has become my favourite. I love how soft it feels and that I can still feel the silicone scrubs. I feel like it does do a great job removing my makeup. My only complaint is that I would probably replace it after awhile to prevent bacteria buildup. 

8A9CD423-33C8-4B8F-80E1-EA096FDEE14E.jpeg

I was a little confused about where to put this, since there seems to be a few gratis threads open, so hopefully here is okay!

I'm a little late to the party - I'm still trying out everything, taking pictures and writing up reviews, but I wanted to stop in to say a big huge THANK YOU to @TeamBIC for this fun and generous gratis! 

9CB7FD91-04FD-4C3D-BF57-BCBDF5A2661E.jpeg

I want to give all these products a good, thorough test run before posting official reviews, but here are some of my initial thoughts and first impressions on them:

I think my most favorite item form this gratis is the mask. This is one of my most favorite masks I've tried from the SC line - it has a nice light, sweet scent and made my face feel soft, smooth and hydrated. Although, I do think it's odd that watermelon is higher up in the ingredient list than strawberry- and so far I think I'm the only one who smells the watermelon more than the strawberry. 🤷‍♀️I have a couple of these masks I bought previously before receiving this gratis, so I may try one of those soon to test out the scent again.

I love trying new hair products, but I'm a little hesitant about using the hair scrub. I feel like it might be to harsh for my thin, dry hair and I'm worried that the kosher salt-sized exfoliation might be too damaging to my scalp. I've never been very fond of the smell of ACV, but this is probably the best smelling one I've experienced- the sweet apple scent seems to come out more than the vinegar scent. I haven't decided yet what I'll do with this.

I LOVE cream blushes, so these blush palettes were a nice surprise. The shades are super pigmented but easy to control. Although, I do think the shades in the "Spiced" palette are a little too dark for me, so I may see how it works as eyeshadow. The top, upper left shade in the "Candied" palette is my favorite and goes best with my super pale skin. Next, I'd like to see how long it lasts on my face, though mask wearing makes that a little challenging.

The 99 brush has already become my favorite blush brush. It's super soft, easy to use and it's easy to control the amount of product that is applied. I still would like to experiment using this brush with other non-creamy blushes.

The cleansing brush has been nice to use, though I haven't really put it to the test to see if it cleans any better than a wash cloth. I do like that it has both regular bristles and silicone ones and I like that it feels gentle and not too abrasive. The recyclable packaging is a nice bonus too.

Congratulations, @Shosh85! This is such a fun gratis to get get creative with - I hope you enjoy everything! 

Thank you @eshoe! It's definitely been fun trying everything out! 😃

Congratulations 🎉🎉 @Shosh85 

Thank you so much @lmaster! 😃

Yay! Congratulations @Shosh85 

Thank you @PrettyPaint! 😊

Conversation Stats
Photos105