cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

I finally posted all my reviews.  Here is a recap of everything.

• #SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette in Spiced and Candied
    I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  I love that you get 4 different colors to choose from in the palette.  You can easily custom blend your own shade by mixing several of the colors together on a mixing palette or on the back of your hand.  If you have ever used cream blushes before you know a little goes a long way.  I would start with a little product either on your finger, a Beauty Blender, or a cream blush brush and build up the color to the intensity you want.  Please keep in mind that it does stain your fingers if you choose to apply it that way.  So in order to avoid this a brush or Beauty blender would probably be best.  This palette would be a great staple for makeup artists as it is easy to travel with and comes with a variety of colors to custom mix and match.  If you have dry skin, you may not have to set the cream blush (I would do a test run through and see what works for you).  If you have oily skin, I highly recommend setting it with either a translucent powder or a powder blush on top to prevent fading or movement of the product.  Out of the 2 palettes available, the color Candied suited my light skin tone the best.  Don’t be fooled by the colors in the pan because the colors do sheer out when applied and are not as intense as the pan color unless you load a lot of product onto the face and don’t blend it out well.  I did notice that it did accentuate dry spots and texture on my face even with my regular face primer.  Even though it was easy to apply onto the cheeks, I did find that it was harder to blend out from other cream blushes I have used.  I used my fingers, the Sephora Collection 99 brush, as well as a wedge sponge to blend it for testing purposes.  As for the packaging, I think Sephora could have made it look a little more appealing in design.
  • I feel the color Spiced would look amazing on medium and darker skin tones.  It was a little too dark for my light skin tone.  I do feel like you could add the cream blush on top of your lipsticks to app up your lip color.  As for the packaging, I think Sephora could have made it look a little more appealing in design.

• SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99  I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  This blush brush is a little expensive for the price.  You could easily pay $5 more to get the Patrick Ta blush brush which is amazing or the Merit brush for the same price.  As for the actual brush, I think it does a great job picking up the product (I was testing it on cream blush) and applying it onto the face.  It didn’t feel harsh on my sensitive dry combo skin.  When blending out the cream blush with this brush I would tap and not sweep it onto the face.  With the right cream blush it made it easy to blend out.  If you are a beginner in applying cream blush this might make it harder for you because you might pick up too much product.  If that happens, I would wipe off the excess on a paper towel then apply the blush.  When washing the brush, I found it easy to clean with the Sephora brush shampoo and laid out to dry.

• SEPHORA COLLECTION Hair Cleansing Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL  
    I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  The first thing I noticed is that it doesn’t tell you how much product to use on the instructions.  I am guessing because everyone has different hair lengths.  I don’t normally use a hair cleanser or scrub, so I just took a small scoop in my hand, a little bigger than a quarter.  I did wish it came with a scooper.  I have dry color treated medium length hair which I only wash 2 times a week.  In between washes I use dry shampoo.  The smell of the product was actually quite pleasant and not too strong.  It smelled like apples and luckily you couldn’t smell the vinegar.  The scrub felt pretty gentle on my scalp and was easy to work into and along my hair.  I didn’t notice any irritations or find the product hard to wash off (didn’t leave any residue) before I added my shampoo in.  I didn’t really notice a difference the day after I used it so maybe this would work better for oily hair.

• SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry  
    I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  When I opened the face mask it had a good amount of product on it.  For some reason the scent didn’t really remind me of strawberries but just a sweet candy smell. The fit was perfect on my small round face whereas most standard face masks are way to big on me.  I left the mask on for 5 minutes (the recommended time) after I washed my face.  It didn’t burn, feel minty, or cause any irritations to my sensitive skin.  Like stated on the packaging, I felt it did nourish my skin but did not hydrate it or make it appear glowy.  For my dry combo skin type, I probably wouldn’t buy this one but maybe try one suited for my skin concerns.

• SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush  
    I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  I used this brush with my Origins Frothy Face Wash mixed with a little Tula Sugar Face Scrub.  The brush felt very soft and gentle on my sensitive skin and didn’t cause any skin irritations.  My skin felt smooth and somewhat clean afterwards.  The brush was super easy to rinse off with warm water.  The only concern I have is the bristles that are not silicone.  The bristles have to dry overnight which seems like it could attract bacteria.  I wish it came with either a case or a cap for the brush for better storage.  I don’t think this could ever replace my PMD jade brush which I feel cleans my face a lot better.  For the price, the brush is okay.  I just don’t know how it would hold up for long term use.

5975CDCA-DC19-45F4-B2BE-2DCEA9DEF19D.jpeg

79BDBF8E-DFFD-46E3-8668-74C23F43E9D9.jpeg

4FFABC76-0AE4-4951-A173-340FABA18E9F.jpeg

6E02B4AD-416A-49FD-92C0-2EF170776099.jpeg

C8A17171-4665-4FF2-A082-CF06555BE1C2.jpeg

EAE45F84-4E06-46A2-9D3C-67029CA66D89.jpeg

Your photos are gorgeous! The lighting is perfect and you can get a clear idea of the products. I wish I was given this gratis opportunity!! After having been sent two packages from @TeamBIC in the past, I developed a love for Sephora Collection products and I actually use all these product types in my regular routine. I literally love me some blush, hair scrub and facial tools! That specific brush I’ve been thinking about for a while. I have the older version of the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59, which an associate referred me to, but on my small bone structure it sometimes makes blush go on my lower cheeks and away from focal points of my face. It’s hard to tell online if they changed the size but the product can go everywhere. Let me know if you think the closeness of these ferrules still give natural payoff or that more opaque look. For reference I use Benefit blushes, particularly Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Baby-Pink Blush Dandelion so I like a natural glow. I know you mentioned price but I always use Sephora Collection brushes and like their quality. 

@SportyGirly125 ,

I love your photos and your swatches! Very helpful reviews.

@tsavorite Thank you!

@SportyGirly125 Oh, I didn’t know the cream blushes stain your fingers! Thanks for pointing that out! I’ve only applied with the blush brush so far.

The blushes look lovely on you, @SportyGirly125!! Thank you for all of the reviews!! 

@haleyvvvv @Welcome 

Thanks for the great reviews @SportyGirly125 

@PrettyPaint Welcome

I could not be more happy with these products!

Starting with the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hair Cleansing Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL , I've never had a product like this before and I absolutely love it. I've been using it once a week and my scalp is no longer itchy or flakey. It did have a strong scent when I first opened it, it had a strong apple cider vinegar smell but I got used to it really fast I now am obsessed with the smell. Honestly cannot stop using this product.

The #SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette in Spiced and Candied are absolutely stunning. I'm a little of a lighter skin tone so the candied pallet looks so good and stays all day. The consistency is amazing and doesn't feel cakey or greasy on my skin and it does not transfer onto my mask. The colours look so natural and aren't too bright but are still very pigmented. The spiced pallet is too dark for me but on my slightly darker friend it looks amazing. 

I love all of Sephora brand face masks, SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry  is just as good as the rest. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush    is something that I don't usually use, but my mom is in love with it. She was in need of a new one so she's extremely happy with it. A new blush brush was something I was in need of and it couldn't have come at a better time.The SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99   Is a sturdy well-packed brush and carries product beautifully.

Overall this kit was absolutely amazing and thank you so much @TeamBIC for allowing me to experience all these wonderful products!

Congratulations 🎉🎉 @okokliv 

Congratulations, @okokliv !

Congratulations, @okokliv!! 🎉 Thank you for the reviews!! 

@okokliv Congrats on this gratis!

Congratulations, @okokliv!

Thank you so much again to @TeamBIC  and Sephora Collection for this amazing gratis! It actually came at the perfect time, I have recently moved and am still living out of boxes, so these items that arrived after the move were the perfect treat…and easy to find lol. 

I’m sure y’all have seen the box by now, but here’s my obligatory group pic!

11EA7B2F-CB76-4460-BEDA-645943E4BAFA.jpeg

I am scraping the bottom of my beloved Christophe Robin Limited Edition Cleansing Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.33 oz/ 250 mL  , and have been eyeing the the SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL . What a delightful surprise to find it in this box since it had been sold out!! Here are the two products side by side:

E32A84F2-2F46-4595-B87C-5E94D015F4D9.jpeg

DB8533A8-5D41-47E3-A51D-E3763F6742D8.jpeg

Tried the SC scrub for the first time today, and am happy with the first run! It is much more emollient in comparison the the Christophe Robin, and since it is clean it doesn’t have that strong fragrance in there. I found it a lot easier to work the product into my scalp and lather into a shampoo for my hair. It’s been 8 hours since I washed my hair, and it feels light and clean but not overly stripped. Can’t wait to see how I continue to like the product after a few more uses, but this was a lovely first date! At this price point, I may be completely swayed from the other pricier scrub. 

Also decided to try out the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry today while my hair dried. I definitely like this one more than the Watermelon version I previously tried out! It doesn’t have an overwhelming scent at all, it’s very subtle unlike the Watermelon one which was full on Glow Recipe on the scent scale. It also didn’t leave my skin feeling too sticky after removing the mask, it didn’t make me immediately teach for a moisturizer. I did notice that there was just enough serum in there for the one mask, none extra for a compression mask or for applying elsewhere. Glad I got to try this version out, will likely pick it up again! 

Congratulations to everyone who has received this gratis, always fun to compare our experiences with the same product! 

Congratulations, @Mcakes !  I enjoyed your reviews.

Thank you so much @tsavorite @lmaster 💞

Congratulations 🎉🎉 @Mcakes 

Congratulations, @Mcakes!! 🎊 Thank you for the reviews, especially the comparison to the CR scrub!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv ! I'm glad you liked the comparison, I immediately thought of it when I saw this in the box!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg
  • 14B94766-7767-4AB0-B601-FB37DC541A79.jpeg
  • ACCAB62E-6327-48DB-9615-92634C2A9D8F.jpeg