cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

Congratulations @haleyvvvv. I think you will love the cream blushes 😘

Thank you, @blackkitty2014!! I tried the first one today and I love them!! 💖

Congratulations 🎊!! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @idanyd!! 😊

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

I have an issue with an ingredient in this product, however tried it once then passed it on to a friend who would enjoy it more. I avoid Sodium Chloride in my shampoo as it is a cheap filler ingredient that ends up drying your hair/scalp over time and fading your color. 

I found this scrub okay. I don’t have an oily scalp or product build up so I wouldn’t typically be someone who purchases this type of product. I’m not a huge fan of scalp scrubs as over use/ scrubbing too abrasive can cause micro tears on your scalp. 

Thank you for the info, @GG84!! 

“Micro tears to the scalp” is something I have never heard of, yet I will now be on the alert, @GG84. Thank you for sharing this helpful info!

@GG84 Thank you for sharing your incredible knowledge with us! I'm going to keep an eye out for that ingredient from now on.

I decided to put the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush to the test to see not just what results would follow but how well it removes makeup, sunblock, dirt, sweat, etc. compared with my usual first cleanse routine.

SC cleansing brush.jpg

TESTING ENVIRONMENT: Full face of makeup. I usually do a pre-cleanse with Bioderma Micellar Water, but decided to forego it this time to see how well the cleansing brush performed. 

I applied Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL, my current first cleanser, to my forehead, both sides of my cheeks and jawline

Right Side of Face: I cleansed the right side of my face with the Sephora Collection Cleansing Brush, wetting the brush and then working it over the right side of my face in circular motions for 60 seconds. Afterwards, I rinsed off the cleanser with lukewarm water.
After first cleanseAfter first cleanse
The cleansing brush is surprisingly very gentle on my skin, a plus! 

Left Side of Face: I cleansed the left side as I normally do, wetting my fingertips and massaging the cleansing balm all over the right side of my face for 60 seconds, and then washing off the cleansing balm with lukewarm water and a washcloth.

RESULTS: To see how much makeup, dirt, etc. was left behind after this first cleanse, I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Cleansing & Gentle Exfoliating Wipes Coconut over each side of my face. Here are the results after the first cleanse
Results: while neither side was all clear and squeaky clean, the cleansing brush side looked like it did a slightly better job of removing dirt, makeup, sunblock, etc.Results: while neither side was all clear and squeaky clean, the cleansing brush side looked like it did a slightly better job of removing dirt, makeup, sunblock, etc.

While my first cleanse cleared away a lot of dirt, makeup, etc., it looks like the cleansing brush yielded slightly better results (and provided a deeper manual exfoliation than just using a washcloth, which is not unexpected). It's not a huge difference in terms of how much dirt and makeup was still on my face after the first cleanse, but a couple of passes of the cleansing towelette on the left side of my face (no cleansing brush) picked up more dirt and makeup than what showed up with a couple of passes on the right side of my face (the side where I used the cleansing brush) with the SC wipes.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I was happy with how soft, gentle and easy it was to use this cleansing brush. My skin can be slightly sensitive and I didn't experience any irritation or redness from the brush. It felt smooth as I was working it over my skin; I didn't experience any tugging or pulling, not even when I used it on my eye area. 

I will give it a try in another couple of weeks, using it with my second cleanse to see where in my cleansing routine I'd like to incorporate it. However, even given how gentle it is and the results it provides, I don't see myself using this every day, especially if my skincare routine involves other forms of exfoliation, chemical or manual. For now, it seems like something I might reach for once every other week.

@itsfi ,

I enjoyed reading your testing process and review!  

Thank you @tsavorite! 😄 The results with the cleansing brush turned out really well. 

Nice thorough analysis @itsfi! I see your tweezers are happily atop your glass as well☺️

Thank you @eshoe. It did a nice job of cleansing. I’m surprised (in a good way) with how soft it is. Yep, have to have my tweezers for my brows and sheet masks in a  handy place. 😊 

Tonight I had the pleasure of trying SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry  I have been meaning to try this for awhile now but I have so many masks in my drawer I had been holding off. I was sooo excited to see it in my box!!! It has a light strawberry scent reminded me of those strawberry marshmallow candies I use to eat as a kid! Like @eshoe  mentioned this would have paired well with some strawberry ice cream unfortunately I don’t have any. The mask fit as expected. A little long in the forehead but not troublesome. I left it on for 30 mins. I’m a little bit of a rebel lol. Left my face feeling hydrated. I really enjoyed  mask and I’ll purchase again once my stash has depleted. @TeamBIC  thank you again for sending me this great box to try out. 

82204266-3E8D-4FEE-AFCE-7F00C7D3FB67.jpeg

@ather ,

I enjoyed your review and want to try this mask!  I would also like strawberry ice cream as soon as possible.  😊

@tsavorite  Strawberry ice cream would be good!!! 

Thank you for the review, @ather!! 

Yay @ather, happy to hear this worked out well for you! 😃 I love pairing ice cream with masking! I’ve never been disappointed when I’ve paired those two fabulous treats together in the past. It’s been a hit on the mask thread too.

Strawberry marshmallow candies? Those sound yummy! Will have to look them up. 🍓 

@itsfi  I wonder if they are a Canadian candy. 

248C4065-2D12-40BB-A1C9-51511F3D5AF5.jpeg

 here’s a picture!!

@ather, oh, I’ve not seen those before, but thanks to your pic, I’ve found them! 🛒  I can be very motivated by certain things - sheet masks, lip balms, ice cream, candy, skincare, etc. 😝 They are a Canadian candy; makes sense - you, my northernly neighbor have an excellent variety of yummy treats, sweet and savory! 😋

@itsfi  I never know sometimes if it’s only in a spot in Canada or just a Canadian thing.  Where I am from on the east coast we have a chocolate factory called ganong and at Christmas they made a candy called chicken bones and they are actually only in eastern Canada. Sometimes at specialty stores you can find it for an arm and a leg lol. There’s also a ginger ale called Sussex and it’s only in eastern Canada. When I went home in the summer I brought a bunch back and I’ve been rationing them!!

0025ECC0-EFAD-4D16-A78D-0B46EE2A4D4F.jpeg

Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg
  • 14B94766-7767-4AB0-B601-FB37DC541A79.jpeg
  • ACCAB62E-6327-48DB-9615-92634C2A9D8F.jpeg