cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

@itsfi Good tip about how to apply it! I'll have to give that a try next time, thanks!

@Samtian, I'll be interested to know how it works out for you with just applying the scrub to your crown / scalp and using the runoff from rinsing out the product on the rest of your hair. Fingers crossed it gives you good results. 🤞

@itsfi I had the same results trying it your way.

Oh, I’m sorry @Samtian. 😔 If I can think of another way to go about it, I’ll let you know.

Ohh I’m learning.another thing from the hair scrub before trying it out. Thx for the tip not applying at the hair end. My poor thin hairs tend to get dried up. 🌹 @itsfi 

@blackkitty2014, yeah, the hair ends. I definitely need to treat the hair at the top of my head differently than the ones at the end. My hair, the ends in particular, seem to take a beating this time of the year since I use more hair tools. My scalp likes the scrub a lot and I'll use it just for that part of my head and stick to hair masks for my ends.

Had to start with the sheet mask. Had to😉 

11.2021 SC strawberry.jpg

Spoiler
This is the second time I have used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry, the first was back when it launched earlier this year and I have since picked up a few more of this flavor as a gift, to myself and others. I was happy to see this mask included in the gratis box because it gives me an opportunity to use it in the cooler weather, when my skin leans more combo-dry.

Material, Serum, and Scent
The sheet itself is soft, thin and lightweight, derived from eucalyptus fiber, which I've learned means that the material is likely lyocell (unbranded form) or Tencel (branded form). The mask is saturated in a clear, watery liquid that has an artificially sweet strawberry scent, though like @lmaster's experience with this mask, the scent in the mask from the gratis package was far less pronounced than the first one I used, very faint actually, which was a bit disappointing for me, but I can see how that would be better for those of us who may be sensitive to fragrance in skincare products. 

Performance and Results
I left the mask on for half an hour but like my previous experience with the mask, there is enough serum in this one (both within the mask and in the packet) to last well beyond that amount of time. There's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel that remains after removing the mask that completely disappears as I continue with the rest of my skincare routine and follow up with my moisturizer. My complexion has a fresh-faced glow to it that I expect from most sheet mask and my skin is left feeling lightly hydrated and moisturized, though with my combo-dry skin, I do feel the need to follow up with a moisturizer. Those with oily or very oily skin may be able to forego moisturizer. 

Overall Thoughts
Generally speaking, the sheet masks within the Sephora Collection Clean series are fine, with some flavors performing better than others, which is to be expected. This strawberry one 🍓 is one of the flavors within the collection that performs well for my skin, which is combination for the most part, but leans more oily in the summertime and more dry in the cooler season.

Other than the difference in the strength  of the fragrance in this mask, my experience with the sheet mask this second time was pretty much the same as my initial use, which I previously posted on another thread: Re: 💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖 - Page 97 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)

Thank you for the review, @itsfi!! 

@haleyvvvv, of course. It was nice to be able to try it a second time in a different season (and for me, different skin condition). Have you had a chance to try the strawberry sheet mask?

@itsfi I tried it once a few months ago. It had been a little hyped in the BIC and there was a SC sale, so i picked up a few. I like it. For my dry skin, and after exfoliation, it isn't enough (which is when I tried it). I'm going to try it again as a more everyday mask, and see how it works. I'm glad you were able to try it again!! 

@itsfi I can echo your review completely,, it's just so so strange!! 

@lmaster, your earlier thoughts on the mask gave me a heads up on what to expect. Even so, I didn’t realize how faint the scent would be this go around. I still can pick up a sweet fruity / strawberry scent but it is extremely light. I have more of these masks and will plan to use another one to see what the fragrance is like. 

Great review, @itsfi !

Thank you @tsavorite! 😃 I’m happy that this one has worked out well both in the warmer and cooler seasons. 

Congratulations @itsfi ! I haven’t tried the mask yet but it sounds great!❤️🍓

Thank you @faeriegirl! I hope it works well for you. I like the hydration it provides and also that it is a flavor you don’t see too often in sheet masks. 🍓 

@itsfi  Oooo great review!!  I am excited to try this one. Especially in the cold months. 

@ather, thank you. There have been just a few sheet masks from the new clean collection that have stood out to me; this is one of them. I wouldn’t say it’s a must have but it’s one that  delivers good results, especially in terms of hydration. 🍓 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL - 2/5. I do like how this is softer and granules than the previous Sephora Collection Scrub but that's about it. It does make my hair and scalp feel clean. But I'm left with dry brittle feeling hair and an itchy scalp. I also like how you get a lot for the price. 

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, @Samtian!! Thank you for the review!!

@haleyvvvv Of course! Thank you for reading it!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg
  • 14B94766-7767-4AB0-B601-FB37DC541A79.jpeg
  • ACCAB62E-6327-48DB-9615-92634C2A9D8F.jpeg