cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

Thank you @Sunnysmom @curlychiquita @Loretta55 @Ispend2much6 ! I ended up trying the other blush palette, SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Velvet Cream Blush Palette Candied in shade 1 this week and it turned out surprisingly subtle! Which is good because I was intimidated at first. This was taken in warm, indoor lighting mixed with some daylight from the window. I like how both palettes so far are super wearable especially for day-to-day when I’m not looking to put effort into a full face.

47EDB034-4E19-478F-9A75-3D5DA33A8793.jpeg

Gorgeous look, @Guessgal!!

Oh I love that on you @Guessgal ! You’re really terrific at applying it too. 🥰

Congratulations, @Guessgal! Very nice SC products. Also, good luck with your new job! 

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis package @Guessgal. Congratulations on your new job.

@Guessgal  great reviews!! The blush looks so good on you!! And that CT lipstick is one of my favs. 

Thank you @ather ! I like your idea in your review of mixing two of the cream blushes in the palette together. I will try that next time I go out 😊

@Guessgal  I’m big into mixing things all the time. 

Congrats and this was really helpful @Guessgal !

@Guessgal That looks so beautiful!

Thank you ladies @Samtian @idanyd @SportyGirly125 @Buootiful ! I actually wore blush a lot less after the pandemic, but this experience has rejuvenated my interest in blush 🤗

The blush looks amazing on you! @Guessgal 

@Guessgal Congrats on this gratis 

The blush looks lovely on you! I must try the hair scrub this week. Congrats on your new job 🤗 @Guessgal 

Great reviews! And congrats on the new job! @Guessgal 💛💛

Thank you @sister13 ! The new job is a good opportunity that came unexpectedly and I’m already thrown into some projects during my first week, which is refreshing! (rather than just training all the time in week 1 like I thought most jobs did).

Great review @Guessgal . I’m so excited to hear that the hair scrub helps to reduce oil. My hair feels really greasy on the 2nd day if I’m not shampooing my hair. I need to try that tonight 

@blackkitty2014 Yes, this definitely exceeded my expectations with the oil reduction. And yay our hair type is the same so I look forward to hearing how you like it! Oh I forgot to mention, it tastes kind of bad if you accidentally get some in your mouth when you rinse it out (not that I expected anything different since it's apple cider vinegar 🤣 ) but just a heads up!

SC clean hair scrub.jpg

tl;dr: Great scrub for those with oily hair or an oily scalp.

Spoiler
My hair profile: Thin strands but a lot of them. Can hair be characterized as being combination? 😆 If so, that's what mine would be - the hair at my crown and my scalp lean on the oily side and some weeks, very oily; the length is generally normal, and the ends can veer towards dry from time to time. 

ScentThis is one of those products where I am happy to see added fragrance in the ingredients list. In the jar, the scrub has a light-to-moderate pungent scent that is unmistakably that of apple cider vinegar. It's not as potent a scent as a bottle of ACV, but it is noticeable. Interestingly though, as I work the large granules into my scalp with water, the ACV scent is less prominent and I pick up more floral notes. 

Performance & Results: This works best for me when I just apply this on my scalp / crown area (the oily parts). As for the rest of my hair, I find this works best if I don't apply any of the product to either the length or ends, and instead just work whatever amount of this product may overflow onto the length and ends as I rinse out the scrub from the top of my head. That seems to prevent any dryness that might otherwise result if I were to apply the scrub directly onto the length or ends. The final result is that my hair feels soft, light and my scalp feels clean, clear and refreshed. 

Overall Thoughts: This scrub is best suited for those with oily hair or an oily scalp. And those who don't mind the scent of apple cider vinegar, even though it's milder than it could be. 

SC hair scrub swatch.jpg

Oooh such a useful tip, @itsfi!! Thank you!!

@haleyvvvv, my pleasure; it's something that works for me and it might be useful for others. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg
  • 14B94766-7767-4AB0-B601-FB37DC541A79.jpeg
  • ACCAB62E-6327-48DB-9615-92634C2A9D8F.jpeg