Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

All Things Dior

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see a Dior Thread?!

Holiday 2016 - Now available online at Neiman Marcus and from Dior Direct (thanks @purly and @veronika23!):

original (5).png

original (1).png

original (2).png

NMC265G_11_m.jpg

NMC265N_mu.jpg

Spring 2017 Preview (thank you @TriesToBoClassy & @KMariel!)

original (4).png

original (11).jpg

New book out now (thank you @lipstick4soul😞

medium.jpg

History of Dior makeup in context of art and fashion. 12 chapters each featuring a different color, with campaign photography and design from legends like guy bourdin and serge lutens.

Re: All Things Dior

These are pretty! And thank you - I'll add this to the main post 🙂

Temptalia just posted these... OMG that last one!!! Gravity!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 2.28.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 2.28.54 PM.png

I like reflection and fever!

I want fire and fusion! 

Fever!!!! I'm trying to branch out from brown/taupe shades so this might be a good shade to push me out of my comfort zone. Plus it looks like it could go with my green eyes

@Elles117 I have this one and think it will be gorgeous with green or hazel eyes. It is a gorgeous mix of purple and taupe that is quite unique. 

Oh I love fusion and fever!

I love Fever!! I wish I had waited for swatches considering I just placed an order on Diors website lol.  I know I said I didn't want to order  from their website BUT they have a good GWP promo thingy going on!

These are gorgeous! Fusion is just calling my name ❤️

I want to try that Glow Pomade. I wonder if it has the same scent. I'm kind of obsessed with all the lip glow & maximizer products!

@AnneMCC I picked up the pomade last night! I can't recall the smell of the original lip glow - whatever this is is light. It's really nice and super hydrating though. I put it on last night when I got home. I ate dinner, and went to bed, and my lips still felt soft this morning. The tint is pretty much nonexistent though, which I'm ok with 🙂

@Libellules thanks, can't wait to try it

Thanks for this thread, @Libellules!  I've been using Dior concealer under my eyes for years, but I've never tried anything else.  I love these types of threads for finding new products to try!

image.jpeg

Swatches of three of the new mono shadows. I don't know if this was supposed to be a wet/dry formula but each set of swatches is dry on top and wet underneath

top- fever (purple taupe)

middle- reflection (bronze with a hint of purple)

bottom- fire (slightly bronze gold)

they have the most amazing texture- look like they would be super chunky glitter but very smooth and super glittery But no fall out. Reflection and fire look pretty similar on me- however, I like a fairly sheer was of color. I tried swatching wet to see if they would come out opaque. They probably would with a bit more care. 

Fire and Fever really do look beautiful @lipstick4soul 🙂

These look amazing!  Thank you for the swatches!Are the new shades exclusive to Dior online? i wanted few shades from the lustrous smoky ones like 764 Fusion but i see them only online direct Dior. Thank you

I haven't seen them anywhere else. I am sure they will show up eventually. 

I love Dior! Dior was the first cosmetic company I have ever worked for. I have a special place in my heart for them!b

I still have some very old palettes. The quality of the quints have definitely gone down, just like the pigment.

Parisian sky was a dupe of sky glow, but not as pigmented and good!

I love the airflash ,it is a great foundation.

I am looking forward to picking up the Holiday quads as I heard they will be more pigmented and like the singles. 

Just want to be honest about my experience with the Capitol of Light palette.  I was really excited to get it because it doesn't contain any talc, but the shadows barely show up, even when I pack them on.  The colors are also very muted, even muddy, on me.

Anastasia of B.H.'s shadows are much better, in my opinion. 

@Ispend2much6 Thank you so much for sharing! In the past, I have had some pigmentation issues with Dior and don't buy many eye shadows from them as a result.

I will say that when I swatched both quints in store, that the pigmentation was there for sure (minus the pink. Which, I'm OK with. But every other shade in the Capitol of Light was lovely and as expected pigmentation wise). I wonder if these are the type of formula that you have to get past the top layer to get the full potential? Which would really be a shame because the top layer is that beautiful Eiffel Tower imprint. 

Also, word of warning to anyone readying: the teal in Parisian Sky isn't teal at all. It's like a cream. At least the one in store was.

I'm not familiar with Dior, so I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!

testing