Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

breakage

y’all help I’ve been dying and bleaching my hair for 5 years and my hair broke of the last 2 times I bleached it, it wasn’t a lot of breakage but my hair is really dead does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: breakage

I’ve been bleaching my hair for 10 years. The key is no no no no heat. Leave the salon with a deep conditioner on your hair for a few hours then rinse. Always use a leave in conditioner in your hair after washing!

I use a conditioner by Amika called soul food. I also oil my hair with 3 oils twice a week. Having trouble tagging so I will do my best on spelling.

Vegamor on scalp only

K18 on split ends

Briogeo damage repair oil on middle lengths of hair

Re: breakage

@kendrraa , The awful truth about bleach damaged hair is there isn’t a quick fix magic potion on the market that will reverse the damage. The only thing is to get your stylist to cut off as much as you are willing to and to start using a deep moisturizing mask once to twice a week and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner plus hydrating oil. Try to not heat style daily either. Long term bleach without the use of restorative moisture care can be very damaging.

Some brands I use and recommend.

JVN Nurture Intense Hydration Hair Mask 8 oz / 236 mL 

amika Hydro Rush Intense Moisture Hair Mask with Hyaluronic Acid 

dae Monsoon Moisture Mask 8 oz/ 240 mL 

amika Supernova Moisture & Shine Cream 3.3 oz / 100 ml 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing