Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Which Dry Shampoo to use...

I have dark brown hair. I've used dry shampoo once maybe twice before (in my whole life) and it was a cheap brand that left my hair looking grey/white on top an the spray smelled awful! What is a good brand to use and how exactly do you use it?! Thank youuu!

Re: Which Dry Shampoo to use...

@Marrrryyyyy I swear by Oribe Dry Shampoo and their Texturizing Spray.  I have tried so many brands but Oribe is the best so far.  It smells so good and works so well and doesn't give you a white cast.  I usually spray the dry shampoo in sections around my scalp and then rub it in.  I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week.

@SportyGirly125 I only wash my hair that much too! So I'm looking for a good dry shampoo haha Usually I just throw my hair up the days i don't wash haha

@MarrrryyyyyUnidentified

Another dry shampoo tip is to use at night/before bed...even if it does leave a white cast initially, you'll sleep it off. 😊

i never thought about doing that! thanks :)

i never thought about doing that! thanks 🙂

Re: i never thought about doing that! thanks :)

@Marrrryyyyy I agree with @RGbrown!  I'd like to add that if you ever feel like you used too much product, you can try brushing it through or giving it a quick shot with a  brush and blowdryer.

I like to use powder dry shampoos instead of the sprays.  My fave is Klorane.  I like to put mine in a nozzle bottle and then shake it over the area I need, then pat it in.  But I think this is for more experienced users.  Another great tip is to put some of the powder on a tissue or plate, then dip a blush brush in it (the kind with a handle).  Then, you can apply to your hair with the blush brush.  This should give you more control.

Best of luck!   🙂

Re: i never thought about doing that! thanks :)

@greeneyedgirl107 thank you so much!! I'll take  any advice I can get! 

@Marrrryyyyy  Can't recommend a brand, but some dry shampoos come in tints, because they usually do leave white on dark hair. Batiste brand has tinted.

@TrysBeautyItems good to know! thank you

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing