Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Wavy Hair Help!

Hi! I have thick wavy (2A) hair and wanted to find a way to enhance my waves. My hair is fairly long, it currently goes down to my waist and I use the Bumble and Bumble Surf Styling Leave-in Gel. However, the waves only tend to last for a day before the start to lose their shape and become frizzy. I dye my hair regularly (I am a natural brunette but dye it to auburn) and therefore only wash my hair a few times a week (it takes about 4 days to get oily) and am nervous about using heat regularly. Does anyone have any tips as to how I can enhance my waves?

Thank you!

Re: Wavy Hair Help!

Hi there - @RubixKubik  Try using something that will repair the hair since you color it often, such as OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme this will help with the overall integrity (health) of the hair, that allows it to hold shape.

Do you braid your hair or wrap it up before sleeping on it?  I ask this to get an idea of how to help you maintain your waves.  In addition, i would suggest braiding it in 4 to 5 large plaits, using a leave in spray OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mL for added hydration, due to regular hair coloring. Here are some other products that can help save your waves:

Let me know how these work out for you.

Cheers!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing