cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Short Hair

What is the best curler for short hair?

What kind of product to apply before using the curler?

Re: Short Hair

Hey @Samorah when I had short hair I loved (and still do!) using a flat iron to curl. I always felt like I could only achieve a Little Bo Peep style curl with a curling iron but with the flat iron I have more control over how

big/small and tight/loose the curl is. Depending on how short your hair is, you may even want a mini iron.

with the use of product in short hair, I found that a little bit could easily become too much and cause my roots to look greasy or built up of gunk, so only use a tiny bit and focus on your ends a lot before running it up the shaft. The Leave in mist by Verb is an excellent heat styling protection that also tames frizz, smooths hair and detaingles. Just spray a few times into the palm of your hand and work into your hair. I definitely recommend checking it out 🙂 

The Drybar has ton of tutorials on YouTube for styling short hair and they’re super helpful ☺️ 

C4CD4631-28C6-489E-94A4-2BE1B6A7B181.jpeg

https://m.sephora.com/product/mighty-mini-downtown-styler-P401795?icid2=skugrid

https://m.sephora.com/product/leave-in-mist-mini-P425990?icid2=skugrid

Re: Short Hair

Hey!

So I actually have three different curling irons, that is not including my straightener, and if it helps I have fine hair. I constantly grow out and chop it short every other year. I LOVE CHANGE!

I have a super thin curling iron (favorite curling iron) - when I want tight curls, but if you do not hold the heat to it long (3 seconds max) I get beach waves.

I have the wand - which I rarely use anymore, gives me tight curls, but I felt I did not have a consistent curl type using it. I keep it in case another breaks.

I have a medium regular curling iron - I like this for bigger curls and relaxed volume hair style, I just toss some simple curls in if I feel my hair is boring.

Straightener - a lot of ladies are starting to use their straightener, which practice makes perfect. 

Product wise - I actually use "Not Your Mother's" the Beach Waves, while it is wet and becasue it will give you some curls, I blow dry it for a minute or two, but do not fully dry it. Then I use my thin curling iron to give the flat pieces some beach waves. That is my go to and I can typically have the style for two days without washing. Remember OILY hair is good!!  Which then I use "Not Your Mother's" Dry Shampoo for the second day or toss it into a cute bun!

Hope that helps! 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • C4CD4631-28C6-489E-94A4-2BE1B6A7B181.jpeg
testing