Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo/Conditioner for Ultra-Fine Hair

I'm looking for suggestions of shampoos/conditioners for ultra-fine hair.  My hair is straight, uncoloured and untreated, and there's a lot of it even though it's very fine.  I had been using a shampoo made from soap nuts which was very gentle and I quite liked, but I moved and it now costs quite a bit to ship out of the US.

Volumizing and hydrating shampoos tend to be too heavy and make my hair tangle easily, so those are out.  For the same reason, I usually air dry, and almost never use any additional product like hairspray.  I also prefer no silicone and no sulfates because my hair is delicate.  

I was considering the new Ghost shampoo/conditioner from Verb, but there aren't many reviews of it yet.  Basically, what would be a super gentle, super lightweight shampoo/conditioner that wouldn't dry out my ends or scalp?

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner for Ultra-Fine Hair

OMG, somebody with the exact same hair and way of treating it as me! I too am considering Ghost and now Living Proof. I don't know if there's a way to talk offline but I'd be interested in what you learn.

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner for Ultra-Fine Hair

@LadyHuggington I have super fine hair, like barely any on my head lol, and have been religiously using Living Proofs perfect hair day shampoo and conditioner! There's also a great deal on Sephora right now- get the jumbo duo for only $75!!! It's a GREAT price!

As for styling products (even though you didn't ask) I really like Hot toddy by Dry Bar.  The combination of all these items works great for me.  My hair is half colored and half not, aka a growing out ombre :).  

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing