Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Products for split ends??

I'm looking if there are any reliable products that work for getting rid of/minimizing split ends?? I know getting regular trims is helpful, but are there any good products that help??

Anonymous Insider

Re: Products for split ends??

The fact is the only way you can get rid of split ends is to cut them off. 

Samea wrote:

I'm looking if there are any reliable products that work for getting rid of/minimizing split ends?? I know getting regular trims is helpful, but are there any good products that help??

Re: Products for split ends??

I'm a fan of the Living Proof overnight hair mask, Aveda Daily Hair Repair, and getting my hair trimmed every other month.

Hi @Samea What keeps the ends of your hair from splitting...

Hi @Samea What keeps the ends of your hair from splitting are ceramides. Think of tgem like the glue that holds each single strand together. When we begin to lose ceramides the "glue" get loose and the strand will split. It's true that nothing but a trim will fix split ends, but you can prevent them in the future. Moroccanoil Mending Infusion is a favouite of mine.

RE: Products for split ends??

Nothing will repair split ends, once the hair is split it will keep splitting up to the root and that’s why we get fly away hairs. A good healthy cut will help a lot and then using a hydrating shampoo andconditioner to keep it from drying out, which can cause breakage. A hair mask once a week is a big help in keeping hair healthy, the Verb Hydrating Hair mask is my go-to! My last suggestion is to use an oil in your hair once is dry or you’re done styling. The Verb Ghost oil provides a healthy shine, leaves hair feeling soft and workable, and adds an extra bit of hydration. I also find it significantly reduced frizz. I hope this helps!

Re: RE: Products for split ends??

Agreed - there isn't anyway to repair split ends but hair masks can really go a long way to help hair stay healthy! The briogeo ones like the cap system and the deep conditioning mask are my favorite!

Hello! My go to product for split ends is Living Proof SP...

Hello! My go to product for split ends is Living Proof SPLIT END MENDER. As we know there is no "cure" for split ends, this product helps to "seal" the ends of your hair, and lasts until your next wash, although you can touch it up daily with more product if you'd like. This product also prevents the split ends from getting worse. Highly recommended!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing