cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

How to make straight hair last?

Hi! I have thick, frizzy, dry, extremely curly hair. I try to only straighten once a week because my hair is really damaged but my hair is curly or frizzy or both in just a day! Do you guys have any tips on how to keep it straight longer? Thanks so much! 

Re: How to make straight hair last?

• Make sure your hair is fully dry before you flat iron. Any degree of moisture will make it prone to frizz. Use a good heat protectant spray. I like John freida heat defeat protectant spray. I always prep with living proof prime style extender Which makes hair stick straight and frizz free. Try it!

RE: How to make straight hair last?

@Anonymous sounds like my hair! What flat iron do you have? A good flat iron really makes the difference! Also well moisturizer hair will get less frizzy. The John Frieda shampoo and conditioner has been amazingly good at making my hair less frizzy! Also the briogeo leave in conditioner really smooths and delivers moisture to my hair!! If you have not cut your hair recently that might help as well. Cutting off the dead ends will stop breakage and makes flat ironing my hair way more manageable!

Re: How to make straight hair last?

@Anonymous Yes, I have tips!  I think flat iron sprays with alcohol really help my style to last.  I'm obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press.  I also avoid hot showers  b/c the humidity is too much for my hair (even with a showercap).  Before leaving the house, I also use Living Proof Humidity Shield; I was impressed with how well it worked.

Also, do you need some ideas on frizz fighting?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing