Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

How to air dry frizzy thick hair?

Hi, I have thick wavy hair that becomes very frizzy and poofy when I airdry it after washing it. If I blow dry it, I don’t have this issue, but it takes awhile to do and I would like to start air drying it more. I have tried putting the Living Proof 5 in 1 styling treatment in damphair and air drying, which did not help with frizz. I also tried the IGK coconut oil hair gel which didn’t work. Hair oils like the Ouai rose hair and body oil did not help either. Is there any sort of shampoo, conditioner, or styling/leave in product that I could use to air dry my hair without frizz? Thank you!
Anonymous Insider

Re: How to air dry frizzy thick hair?

I use the Deva Curl products for my hair and it has helped with the frizz a lot.  I have wavy hair and use the low-poo and conditioner.  When I get out of the shower I do not let my towel touch my hair, I spray it with John Frida leave in conditioner, comb it out, flip my hair over, then put Deva Curl Arc Angel gel throughout my hair, then scrunch it with a cotton shirt (still need to get the Deva Curl microfiber towel), flip my hair back, continue to scrunch using the shirt, then let air dry.  If it starts to get frizzy I add a small amount of the the Deva Curl Frizz Free volumizing foam on the top layer of my hair.  I would say most important step to avoid frizz is to not towel dry your hair unless you have a microfiber towel. Normal towels will make the hair really frizzy.

Re: How to air dry frizzy thick hair?

You might need something a little bit heavier than an oil, I usually prefer creams.  I do like the devacurl styling cream for curls.  You could also try using a little bit of Olaplex No3 as a curl cream, I've had great results using it that way even though it is technically a pre shampoo strengthening treatment!  I love when we can use products in extra little ways and our hair benefits from it 😉

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing