Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

How do i fix tangled hair

My hair is always tangled no matter how much i brush it, it just gets tangled. after showers its in literal matted knots and i have to spend forever trying to untangle them. I have very long, fine, pin straight hair. Im 17 and my hair has been dyed probably 3 times which was a baliage 6 years ago, a partial highlight twice. Then i also got 3 glazes. i get hair trims semiannually. I twirl my hair a lot but only on both sides of my head, but the back of my hair still gets tangled even though im not twirling it: so ik that's not the case of the knotting. I rarely use heat on it probably use heat on it once a month.I wash my hair 2/maybe 3 times a week and let it air dry. I am pretty a pretty hard brusher, because i'm not tender headed, and ik some of my split ends r from that. I'm loosing lots of hair because of this problem and it's really annoying having my hair messy all the time. All advice welcome if needed i can insert a picture of my hair for more accurate advice! #hairadvice

Tags:

Re: How do i fix tangled hair

@gabrielleponz  Brushing my hair before I get in the shower has helped me. Then I use a thick conditioner or mask. When I brush my hair after a shower I use the Drybar Super Lemon Drop it is the best. I start at the ends and work my way up. Just try to be gentle with your hair. To keep it from getting tangled overnight I use a satin bonnet. 

Re: How do i fix tangled hair

Hi! That used to happen to me when I had hair just like yours - long, super straight and fine. The obvious solution to wear your hair in a braid or bun, a pony tail at the very least. I like using hair ties from rip tide too 

aside from that I would focus on hydrating those locks! 
- hair mask at least weekly 

- leave in conditioner right after the shower 

OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mL 

- oil your ends 

Kérastase Mini Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

and please be gentle with your hair! Brush gently from ends, working your way up. I love the wet brush. You can even carry around a small brush with you to keep those tangles in check and prevent mats.

best of luck! 🫶🏼

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing