cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair straightener suggestion

Hello hair gurus, 

My old straightener has seen better days so I’m on the hunt for a new one. I have lots of thin hair which actually makes it appear thick. I would like a hair straightener with a digital temperature read out. 

I have heard about the T3 and the bio ionic mentioned. I don’t know if those prices are justifiable but I thought I would ask. I’m open for drugstore opinions as well. 

Thanks and merry Christmas 🎄 

RE: Hair straightener suggestion

GHD is by far my favourite! I have had mine for many years and the best part - It turns it self off after 30 minutes!! So awesome 🙂 Great to curl with as well.

Re: Hair straightener suggestion

@BeautyWonderThe ghd brand is really good, and I love my straightner. If you want t3 i noticed that costco has it currently and its on sale for I believe around $50

@BeautyWonder I highly recommend the  BabylissPro Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron! I've had mine for over a decade and it still works! I have super curly hair and at least for the first 6-7 years I was flat ironing my hair every other day (now it's more like 1-2 times a week because dry shampoo). The quality is there.

TBH I just kind of look at it as an investment. It was price-y but it's lasted way longer than a cheap one would. I'm still using it so at this point it's like $10 a year 

@BeautyWonder  I have the Bio Ionic 10X Pro Styling Iron 1".  I know the price is high but the brand makes a really good product. Prior to this one I had another Bio Ionic and it lasted me over 10 years. It still somewhat works now but decided it was time for a new one.  And I was hard on it too... used it a lot and dropped it a few times.  That's why I bought another straighter from Bio Ionic.  I've owned a few different ones throughout the years but still prefer this brand. This new one has a digital temp control and it doesn't take me a long time to straighten my hair... and my hair is long and I have a lot of it!  Knowing that my previous iron from this brand lasted that long justifies the price for me.

Hi @BeautyWonder 

I've had my Chi Lava Iron and Chi Original Flat iron for years. They are my favourite. I have about 12 flat irons, I never reach for any of them except my Chi's. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing