Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Hair Loss and Damage

Hi folks, I was recently diagnosed with chronic leukaemia. I went through a low dose round of chemo in hospital and am on cancer targeted therapy medication likely for life. 

I have lost hair in the process, I’ve thinned out close to a 1/3 of what I had, which was already fine hair and not a lot of it. This is tough to see everyday. 

I did cut my hair to help with the strain to a short French bob length. It was previously chemically treated (blonde throughout) but since diagnosis that cannot continue. 

Currently I’ve been washing/conditioning with Pureology Hydrate Sheer for fine, damaged, colour treated hair. I use Moroccanoil Oil all in one leave in conditioner to help detangle so I’m not pulling on my hair post shower. I use Olaplex No 6 to help with the damaged look to my hair. And I use Olaplex No 3, probably once every two-three weeks. 

Gentle shampoo and conditioner are key - which pureology is, but it’s not delivering the moisture as I hoped. I’m also wondering if there are hair products that might support regrowth and help to thicken my hair without being harsh? 

I’m open to hair care advice for hair loss/thinning, gentle products, and damaged hair. 

thank you!! 

Re: Hair Loss and Damage

Be careful with Olaplex. It is an amazing brand, but there are some products to not use with each other. You can still do them but try them on different nights instead of right after each other if that is what you are doing.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing