Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Fine And Thin hair

I was born with fine thin hair and I hate it. I wish I had thick beautiful hair but mines a struggle always. I want to know what worked for others and I mean worked worked and gave you thicker fuller hair. It’s so hard to believe any of the hair growth items I can see a few comments but I want to know for anyone dealing with fine thin hair that still sheds and breaks, what did you do to get major growth and it’s super thick and can style it and it holds. I hate how all my hair in a ponytail is not even 1/4 of some peoples hair….I am defeated might get invisible extensions something because I have always struggled with this and noticed I’m losing more due to stress so I was born with thin hair and now I’m just stressing what little bit I have off myself. Please send me ideas I appreciate it! 

Re: Fine And Thin hair

Rosemary is supposed to help with thinning hair. I simmer fresh rosemary cuttings in water on my stove and use it as a rinse on my hair. I also mix rosemary essential oil with caster oil and rub that into thin areas. Apple Cider Vinegar is also a great hair helper. I have the sparsest eyebrows and have been using Vegamour on them for several months. I have noticed growth on completely bare patches. They also sell scalp treatment that I have used and I noticed thickness there as well.

I hope this helps.

I relate to this.  I have very fine hair and my poiny tail has such a small diameter 😞 i rarely braid my hair because they look so small. I really wish I could have thick luscious hair.  But I think realisticly that will never be the case. 

Realistically, I can aim for a healthy Scalp and hair to make what I've got be the best it can be. 

The ordinary's peptide serum for hair density was a great purchase. I bought it 7 months ago and use a few drops to massage into my scalp every night. It has greatly improved my itchy scalp and I loose less hairs than I ever have while washing or brushing. I'm almost done my second bottle.  It's not very expensive and it is in my opinion a great product. You do not have to wash it out. I use it every night at bedtime and the few drops absorbs by morning. So my hair shed less and is in much better condition as it grows.

My second recommendation is finding a really good shampoo and conditioner.  Hair needs are very personal but I have a few favorites if your interested in hearing about them. 

I have exactly the same hair as you and have tried so many products and supplements over the years (I’m in my 40s now). I’ve never noticed a huge difference with anything until the last couple years. The first thing I found was Aveda’s Thickening Tonic. It definitely bulks the hair, and then washes out, and I’ve never found it possible to use too much. The second is Aveda’s Invati Scalp Revitalizer. I got a tiny sample bottle and immediately noticed thickening at roots and it’s also supposed to make your hair grow thicker over time. Only thing is it’s so crazy expensive, I’ve never been able to buy a bottle to give it a proper go.

The third thing I tried most recently is BeautyBio’s microneedling tool. I got a set on sale for myself at Christmas that includes one for face and one for scalp, and I have to say I’ve seen the most results from the scalp one! After a month I even got comments from friends that my hair looked thicker. I use it about 2x a week but I think you can do more. There was a small scalp serum sample that came with it but I just recently added that in as I wanted to see the results from just the microneedling first. You can get it at Sephora or Nordstrom. (At the moment I don’t see the scalp attachment here at Sephora but they had it at Christmas!) 

The last thing I could mention is Living Proof. They used to have a thickening cream in their “Full” product line that I really liked for a while, but they keep changing up their formulas and lines so I’m not sure they still have it (it might be a mousse now). And you had to be so careful how much you used or it would just weigh down. Honestly though, Aveda’s tonic worked way better for me. 

I know everyone is different but this is what has helped me so far! Good luck! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing