cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dry and Tangled Hair, help needed!

Hey ladies,

Recently I died my hair lighter for summer and it completely ruined my hair. Its dry, crispy, and so knotty when I get out of the shower. My hair dresser recommended that I get a hair masque that has protein in it, as thats what my hair is lacking. Has any of you had this problem and can recommend a good product to use? Xo 

Re: Dry and Tangled Hair, help needed!

I would definatly try the macadamia deep repair mask. I get my hair lightened and colored and have similar issues with tangles and it has made all the difference with my hair. Also I would purchase the wet brush so when you have tangles you don't further damage your hair. And always brush before you wash your hair and try not too once its wet. If you think you need additional help with tangles its a 10 the original is also amazing leave in treatment!

esmorodin wrote:

Hey ladies,

Recently I died my hair lighter for summer and it completely ruined my hair. Its dry, crispy, and so knotty when I get out of the shower. My hair dresser recommended that I get a hair masque that has protein in it, as thats what my hair is lacking. Has any of you had this problem and can recommend a good product to use? Xo 

living proofs restore line is amazing!! my hair dresser u...

living proofs restore line is amazing!! my hair dresser uses it on me when i go in and i can feel a difference
Anonymous Insider

A lot of salons offer Keratin (protein) treatments, so you could check with your stylist.  You can also find Keratin masques at most drug stores, but be careful not to use them too frequently, as too much protein can give hair a straw-like texture and make it even more unmanageable. 

I also recommend using Olaplex or a good dupe next time you color. Sally Beauty sells a great dupe called Absolute Perfection (made by Ion) for a fraction of the price of Olaplex. It can even be used as a stand alone treatment.

Anonymous Insider

I don't know about a protein mask, but I love Pravana Nevo Intense Therapy leave-in treatment. It works amazingly well as a detangler.image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

unfortunately its not something that can be fixed or cured over night.  I have my beauty license and my advice to you would be to purchase two different kinds of leave-in conditioners, one for in the shower and one that you can spray on wet and dry hair.  I would recommend the two products I have attached... I would use the extreme strength builder in the shower twice a week and use the spray daily.extreme.jpgmiracle.jpg

Thanks hun! I will have to try out those products together! Any advice helps a ton! Xo 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos3
  • miracle.jpg
  • extreme.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing