Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Cleansing conditioner/cowash recommendations needed !

I have used Joico’s co wash for about 7 years now and all of a sudden I can not get it anymore..seems to me like it’s being discontinued? So I have been on a hunt for a good new HG co wash and I’m having no luck. I’ve tried Christophe Robin Cleansing Hair Mask with Lemon 8.33 oz/ 246 mL but it was stripping and drying I found. I tried Paul Mitchell’s cleansing conditioners but I found they all just weighed my hair down and my curls to be limp and look greasy. I tried some drug store ones Pantene, Garnier, and L’Oréal but they weighed my hair down also. I’ve tried R+Co Analog cleansing foam conditioner which was my favourite but looks like they switched it up to a new product which is an apple cider vinegar cleansing rinse but I’m afraid to try because I’ve used apple cider vinegar products before (like dpHUE) and it literally changes my hair texture for some reason? Completely takes away the natural curl and leaves my hair very very flat. Clean and shiny but so flat and unable to style at all. People have recommended Ouidad to me but I can’t seem to order to Canada. I would go with Kérastase Discipline Cleansing Conditioner but I have a lot of hair..my hair is passed my butt in length, about 3a/3b curls and thick. So the price of the Kerastase I can’t justify for daily use. Mizani i noticed has a cleansing conditioner, but all the products I’ve tried from the brand are underwhelming? Really did nothing for my hair. I’ve been looking at Amika as I like their hair masks and they have the Sexture Texturizing Shampoo which is suppose to be a cowash? But I’m scared it’s going to be too stripping with it being called a shampoo not a cowash or cleansing conditioner. Shea Moisture was also recommended to me but I have an allergy to Shea Butter 🙉. Anyways I’ll stop ranting but if anyone has any recommendations on a good cowash for daily use I would really appreciate it ! 

Re: Cleansing conditioner/cowash recommendations needed !

@CRJG I've been curious about Briogeo's co-wash.  I don't think Sephora sells it, but I think Ulta does.

@greeneyedgirl107 I keep looking at the Briogeo cowash as well. I’m not a huge fan of the brand but recently tried their scalp line and LOVED it so been looking at that one. No ulta in Canada unfortunately but I can order it. Maybe I’ll try it and let you know ! 

@greeneyedgirl107 I wanted to use a full bottle before giving my opinion !

So I tried the briogeo cowash and did not like it! I went for it and also got the Mizani cleansing conditioner at the same time to try both out and compare. I love the Mizani cleansing conditioner ! Definitely one of the best cowashes/cleansing conditioners I have tried. It does have silicones in it, but they didn't weigh my hair down. but it's very soothing on the scalp, does not strip your hair at all, has helped with my frizzy ends, and I have also noticed a lot less breakage since using ! Highly recommended trying ! 

@CRJG Thanks for the info!  It's most appreciated 🙂

@CRJG I would be interested to hear your opinions if you try it.  I'm sure I heard of it on BIC, but I don't remember anyone's particular experience.  I've only tried one Briogeo product, Briogeo Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Avocado Hydrating & Defining Hair Mask and was really underwhelmed.  I actually got that GWP twice - that's how optimistic I was.  

Not a Sephora product, but have you looked at Hair Story New Wash? It’s great for curls. Not sure if it’s quite the same as you had, but it’s a great product!

Thank you so much ! Never heard of it but definitely going to look into it 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing