Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Breakage

Been trying to grow my hair out for a while now and noticed that it's starting to break a lot easier when I run my hands through or wash my hair. 

I have thick, loose curly/wavy hair, usually oily. Usually, use living proof or briogeo hair products

any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Breakage

@EastCoast96,

I recommend the ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray. I also had some breakage as well and I noticed that once I minimized my hot tools, I noticed less fall out. https://www.sephora.com/product/bamboo-smooth-anti-breakage-thermal-protectant-spray-P300903?icid2=p...

❤️ Melissa

@EastCoast96 If your hair is breaking mid shaft, a cut is the only thing that is going to help. Once you’ve had a healthy cut, you can start on Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

before you shampoo, then shampoo and treat your hair with a protein based treatment like Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment Mini 1 oz/ 30 g

@EastCoast96 I tend to get this as well as mt hair is also wavy/curly and oily at my scalp but then gets super dry at the ends. Living proof has perfect hair day (I think?) which is like an overnight leave-in conditioner that did great things for my hair's texture. I just applied it to my ends and worked it upwards without going all the way to my scalp/where my hair tends to get oily. Olaplex 3 with a split end/moisturizing conditioner containing protein or a conditioning treatment for damage control might also be good ideas for your ends

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing