Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best Hair Straightner

Which straightener is better, Dry Bar’s The Tress Press or T3’s SinglePass Luxe? I have long, wavy hair that is fairly thick and frizzy, and would like something that gets my hair straight and frizz free without causing too much damage.

@GG84 I have the T3 Single Pass and no matter what heat p...

@GG84 I have the T3 Single Pass and no matter what heat protection I use my hair is burning off. Could you recommend the best heat protection for curly hair to use for hair straightening with a flat iron. I am really considering purchasing the GHD you recommended but I would like to also now if there are better heat protectors.

@uzi234 Is there a heat control setting on that iron? Tur...

@uzi234 Is there a heat control setting on that iron? Turn down the heat if possible, our hair is like silk. I alternate thermal protectors depending on the clients hair. I use ones in aerosol cans only as they dont *wet* the hair. Amika The Shield I will use if the hair is thicker and Moroccanoil Perfect Defense if thinner.

@GG84 it doesnt have a turn dial. It heats up to 450. Tha...

@GG84 it doesnt have a turn dial. It heats up to 450. That is def part of the problem. Im going to look into the amika spray as I have thick hair. Last 2 questions-what is the highest level of heat that is safe for the hair and what deep conditioner would you recommend for curly hair that is flat ironed at least once a week?

My all time favourite flat iron (hair stylist here) is GH...

My all time favourite flat iron (hair stylist here) is GHD. It's the only iron I will use. You get less damage and colour loss.

RE: My all time favourite flat iron (hair stylist here) is GH...

@GG84 that is excellent!! Thanks for sharing girl!

RE: My all time favourite flat iron (hair stylist here) is GH...

Do you have a preference between the classic 1” and the platinum professional?

@bakeamuffin I have the classic 1". The others are just f...

@bakeamuffin I have the classic 1". The others are just frilled up. The classic is where its at. I've had mine 9 years and I style heavily with it.

Re: @bakeamuffin I have the classic 1". The others are just f...

That’s excellent @GG84 thanks girl! 

RE: Best Hair Straightner

I’ve really been wanting the drybar flat iron personally. To avoid damage it’s more about technique, heat protector and the proper temp for your hair type, than which flat iron your using. Many people go over the same section over and over and over again thinking it’s the best way to straighten but I learned that your supposed to go from root to end slowly so that you only have to go over it once. Using a heat spray like Hot Toddy by dry bar is great because it puts a barrier between the heat and the hair.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Best Hair Straightner

Great advice, Muffin! 😉

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing