Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Weekend Focus Group: Sephora Asks

Hi BeautyTalkers! We love the great answers you always give on our Sephora Asks board, and we have a few more questions for you!  We'd love to get your feedback on the questions below. Leave your answers in this thread!

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever?

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance

Re: Weekend Focus Group: Sephora Asks

1. Lipgloss!!

2. Cult Nails

3. All the time! I love trying out new things.

4. Formula Performance.

Fresh Sugar 

Cult Nails of course!

Weekly, I'm always looking for something new

Formula always wins for me

Lip balm! Fresh Sugar lip treatment, in particular.

Cult Nails brand nail polish! It's amazing -- best polish ever.

All the time. I'm my friends' go-to for beauty questions! 

Performance! The brand name isn't as important as knowing it *works.*

Any lip balm with SPF

Don't think I've come across one yet. Sephora pretty much has everything I love

Alot, primarily with makeup. Occasionally with skincare, but my skin is sensitive so I try to stick with what my skin likes

Formula performance definitely. I could care less about brand names

1. I cannot leave home without sunscreen. Over the years, my choice in sunscreen has changed and I am currently using Murad's Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15.

2. Cle de Peau Concealer and more BB Creams from Asian brands

3. If a skincare product works for me, I usually stick with it, but if it's something like a mask or brightening treatment, I like to experiment to see which one fades my scars or brightens my skin better.

4. I would choose formula performance all the way.

Anonymous Insider

1. Philosophy Kiss Me

2. Donna Karen New York; Philosophy Hope in a Bottle

3. I love Sephora for experimentation--I have sensitive eyes and the ability to test my reaction in advance of purchase.  I experiment with things every weekend.

4. Formula performance

M.A.C Moisture Infusion mixed with Josie Moran Argan Oil. I like the dewy result!

I wish Sephora would carry La Fresh makeup remover wipes.

Ocassionally. Since I have sensitive skin, I have to thoroughly research brands before I take the plunge. I'm grateful that Sephora is a testing wonderland 🙂

Formula performance

For skincare, it's sunscreen. For cosmetics, it's definitely eyeliner!

I use sunscreen and mascara from La Roche-Posay, and Chanel blush is probably my favorite.

I seldom experiment with skincare because my current routine works well; I never want to deviate from it. With cosmetics, I love experimenting and do it often.

Formula performance! (That said, I do tend to rely on certain brand names.)

Anonymous Insider

. 1. Cant leave home without eyeliner. I look weird without it. My fav is stila smudge pot or if im in a hurry tokidoki liquid pencil liner.

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?  Pure grape seed oil

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?  Every time i walk into sephora or any beauty store

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance.  Easy. Performance Performace performace!! But if the packaging is nice  and its glittery, i'm a sucker for it 😞

Anonymous Insider

1. My Mac lipglass in Fold and Tuck 

2. The Bourjois line is only available in the Europe Sephora's 😞 they have the best makeup for such an affordable price

3. I like to experiment as long as I've heard relatively good things about the brand/product in the past!

4. Formula! 

LORAC Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in MUSE - this is my absolute favorite lip gloss.  It's the prettiest muted pink that looks so natural and works with everything. It's a no-brainer.

The Chanel range of products, the Glossimers in particular.  And actually, I more so wish that Sephora simply carried the entire collections (or at least more of it) of the top brands.  I realize that this is strategic, so that the other retailers have some competitive advantage, but it seems that more often that not, I have to go to Neimen's or Nordstrom to purchase certain (and often the most popular) colors in a range. 

Constantly.  I'm always in search of the perfect formula for me, and I've gone through many brands to find it.

Definitely Formula performance.  As much as I love fancy packaging and names, that's not what I'm putting on my face.

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever? I never leave home without foundation on my face and as far as taking product with me, it would have to be lipgloss or lipstick.   2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry? Laura Geller eye spackle pen   3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? Lots. I have tons of samples and try new things all the time.   4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance Formula performance. Who cares what the name is if it's an inferior product in the package.
Anonymous Insider

1."LE MALE" cologne Jean-Paul Gautier

2. T. LECLERC MAKEUP LINE FROM FRANCE

3.  NOT A LOT. STAY WITH BRANDS I KNOW.

4. LANCOME

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens especially during the summer months!

Whew!  Where to begin?  Estee Lauder fragrances (including bath and body products); Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray; and several bath and body items from the Origins line especially the body oils.  However, I'm thrilled to see that more items have been made available from the Caudalie line.

Quite frequently especially after visiting this site and reading positive reviews for products I had never considered purchasing before.

Definitely formula performance!  Sometimes a brand name can be recommended based on my beauty profile but they may not necessarily be for me.

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever? I’d have to say Bare Minerals Bisque (It’s a great multitasker) and a nude lipstick.

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?  I’d love more hair lines such as the Wild Ginger Paul Mitchell line.

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? Quite a bit. I am more likely to try when small travel sizes are available so commitment isn’t a big thing.

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance. Formula Performance for sure!!

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever? Lorac Tantalizer Bronzer! It gives my face a nice glow and has the perfect amount of color

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry? I love NYX lipsticks. Pretty shades and they have a nice price point.

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? I always like checking online for new products and then swatching them in store as soon as I can. I find that it is a must because products can look very different online. I also like to check blogs and reviews to see what other people are saying about it.

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance  Performance is a must! Different brands have different strengths and weaknesses. I like mixing and matching:)

❤️ Melissa

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever?  Lipbalm, Powder and SPF Lotion of some kind

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?  Expansion of existing brands (I find that Sephora doesn't carry some of the non-makeup or skin care products of the existing brands on their website. For example, Origins has lots of bath and body products but these are not on Sephora).  A better range of shower gels and lotions at a lower price point.  I buy Kiehls and MAC outside of Sephora, but I don't know how realistic it would be to actually carry these brands at Sephor. On a positive, I have noticed some new brands being added and I think this is a great trend.

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? Fairly often, especially deluxe samples.

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance: Performance.

Anonymous Insider

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever? Lip treatment, right now it's Fresh Sugar's lip treatment

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry? I think they carry everything

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? Not enough

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance? Formula performance

Anonymous Insider

Hello Beauties!

1. I can't leave my home without putting on Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
2. Redken. Love these hair products and they really work and are salon quality
3. I don't experiment often but am always expecting a change in some part of my routine
4. If I was forced to, I'd go by formula performance because some products from some brands really don't work
Anonymous Insider

1. Something for my lips and/or blotting papers

2. The entire Dermalogica line and I would like to see more bb creams and tinted moisturizers with a higher spf.

3. I constantly experiment, especially when I have samples!

4. Duh! Formula performance, but I usually try products from brands of things I currently am using.

I agree with gymchic365, Dermalogica would be awesome at Sephora!

Conversation Stats
testing