Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Trade Thread-2020

It's been a while since we've had a trade thread. @naturalooks15 has this helpful info for trading- 

TRADE THREAD
When trades go well, it's a lot of fun for everyone and cosmetic items find themselves a new home. Not all trades go perfectly, though, so to ensure the best possible experience, please read these guidelines carefully.

GUIDELINES
Listing Your Items
Please list what you have available and the condition (new or used). Adding a photo helps! (if you have a lot, consider posting them under "spoiler" - the little face icon with a hand over its eyes - so tons of images don't flood the page for people scrolling).If there are items you are looking for, list those as well. As time passes, please be sure to modify your post to remove items no longer available. People rely on up to date information in this thread. You may wish to list your location, such as the U.S.

To keep your listing more visible, you can copy the text of an older post and re-post, as listings can often push a post back several pages over time. Please be sure to remove your old post if you do this.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, please note this thread is for trading of products only. Please do not list items "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

Happy trading!

Tags:

Re: Trade Thread-2020

Can we revive this thread? LOL! Or start a new one? I have a ton of items for trade since I've been decluttering and I didn't think it was appropriate to list them in the Beautylish trade thread. I'll take some pictures and add them later but on the top of my head, I have Mac Oh, Darling!, Bobbi Brown blush in Pretty Pink, Too Faced Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice palette, and the Smashbox Crystalized highlighter for trade (all brand new).

Can we post for things we are looking for too??

If yes, im looking for the mini sizes of the Briogeo Banana set. I only want/trying to get the Banana shampoo and conditioner and not the other 3 items they sell in theyre bundle.

If anyone got those and dont want/like them, please let me know, im in Canada near Ottawa 🙂 

Thank you very much. 

***ISO mens cologne/fragrance samples or minis - want to try some of these for hubby and 2 sons***

I have lots open to trade, will list a few but please contact for more info

Thank you @Samtian for doing this thread, let's keep it at the top!

NEW stuff I can swap

Pink metallic YSL makeup bag & 2 lip glosses (can split up or trade individually was a Nordstrom set)

Aveda skin and hair care sample and travel sizes

25ml Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum (opened but not used)

Jeffree Star Morphe Nude lip set

Slip silk scrunchie large Pink

Real Techniques face and body brush blender

Zoeva Luxe Face Paint 101 brush (Tati favorite)

Bumble bumble Pret a powder dry shampoo

May coop raw sauce 1.4oz mini

Thank you -please message me if you have any colognes to swap 🙂

I have some men's cologne samples that I can send you if you are still looking for some. @AnneMCC 

RE: Re: Trade Thread-2020

@gingerleigh I will PM you!

@AnneMCC No problem! I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago haha, I think I tossed all my men samples out, I will keep an eye out though!

RE: Re: Trade Thread-2020

@Samtian oh bummer, well keep me in mind if you get more thank you 😍

Hi guys! I've collected too many things that don't work for me and would be happy to trade! Bonus if you live in Vancouver so I can just walk it over to you lol

Tatcha silk canvas protective primer BNIB

Nars sheer glow- vienna. used 1-2x

Milk eye pigment- gig. used 1x

Melt muerte palette. used 1x

Melt gel liner, santos. used 2x

Too faced born this way powder foundation, snow. BNIB

Bumble & bumble brilliantine. used 2x

KVD lock it foundation, light 45. used 1x

Anastasia stick foundation, beige. used 1x

Marc Jacobs remarcable concealer, alive. used 2x

Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation Eyeshadow Palette. used 1x

Thank you so much for this thread.  It is needed. I have several items that I'd love to trade.  I never knew this existed.  Im learning so much valuable insight from this community.

@tjffc I am so happy to hear that! Please post away!

@Samtian thanks so much for this thread! Great idea 🙌

@lmaster No problem! I noticed it's been a while since we've had an active one. 

yes I've been wanting one too!! @Samtian 

@treestar86 I am happy to hear that!

All items are new. Farmacy green clean was from Boxycharm last year. Good Molecules was from Beautylish lucky bag 2019. DE Framboos & A-Passioni from DE Trunk 2019 and did not come in a box. CT set from Nordstrom in March 20. I’m open to trading in any beauty category as long as it is new. Please message me if interested. Thanks!

B4A0D97F-0DD1-4259-85D0-F782BDA936FA.jpeg

Hi - what is the CT? I can't quite see in the photo, thanks 🙂

@AnneMCC @It’s the CT goddess cleanse duo

Thank you for starting this @Samtian!

@Loretta55 No problem! 

Up for trade I have- Most of the new Sephora S Clean foundations. 1- has been used once. Shades 3 +5 have been swatched. The rest are brand new unopened. 

Sephora Liquid Mousse Lipsticks in shades 01 Pine + 08 Dahlia both used once.

Hermes lotion- used a few times.

Trade 2.jpgTrade 1.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 102 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos3
  • Trade 1.jpg
  • Trade 2.jpg
  • B4A0D97F-0DD1-4259-85D0-F782BDA936FA.jpeg
testing