Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

So I know there are various threads where we post what we are viewing/streaming but I thought it might be interesting for 2018 to have a CHALLENGE to post the queue of your choice for what you are currently seeing on your screen. 🙂

Rules:

1. Rules... There are no stinking rules! (just kidding!)

2. No really.. basically take a screen or type a list of the queue of your choice. Acceptable lists could come from such places as your: home DVR, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.

The more we share... the more you know! (oh wait... I'm not an NBC commercial!) But in all seriousness, my hope for this thread is by sharing these pics and/or lists we will learn about new shows, movies, series, etc. that some of us maybe never knew about before. The more we share, the more we learn. Sharing is caring!!!

So here is my share as of 01/16/2018 (taken from my home DVR via Verizon Fios):

IMG_0183.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Yes, I have a problem. And my problem is named BRAVO.

@veronika23 @Tamara76 @Anonymous @tsavorite @ZombieMetroAnt @Ispend2much6 @darkiceis @Mcakes @k617 @mermadelove

(please tag others to join in the fun!)

Anonymous Insider

Re: The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

@willa25,

Here are some of my favorites -

1. Top Chef
  2. UNreal (starts back up late February)
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. James Corden's Carpool Karaoke - this always makes me smile
  5. Re-watching episodes of Leverage and Psych

On my list of shows I'd like to start watching though given my list I should probably not add any more shows to the list - Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Dynasty (my mom watched the original series when I was a kid and I remember always trying to convince her that she should let me watch with her).

Oh my gosh.. I freaking love UNReal.. @Anonymous! Though Season 1 was better than Season 2 in my opinion. I have rewatched both seasons ( a few times actually) to try find nuances and it's actually a pretty cleverly written show. I am dying for season 3.

giphy

Anonymous Insider

@willa25, just looked it up - Season 3 premieres February 26. 

unreal gif.gif

Anonymous Insider

Completely agree @willa25!  Season 1 was amazing!!  Season 2 was ... definitely not as good as Season 1.  So well written and acted.  The articles and press leading up to the Season 1 premiere date were great too - they went to great lengths to say repeatedly that the show was not based on The Bachelor franchise.

@Anonymous, 100% in agreement!!!

Oh, and I meant to say on the Dynasty front. Are you watching the original, the revamp, or both? I used to watch the original by sneaking out of my bedroom and peaking into the living room while my parents were watching it. (they thought I was asleep) That intro theme music will be eternally stuck in my head forever by the way.

I am currently watching the revamp on the CW and it just has gotten the go-ahead for the rest of the season for full 22 episodes. It actually is pretty good and fills the demand for the true "nighttime soap."

Lastly, I did re-watch the original on Amazon Video a few years ago but didn't make it through all seasons. That's when I figured out I'm more of a Dallas person than I am a Dynasty person. (if you understand the reference)

giphy

Anonymous Insider

Completely got the reference @willa25🙂  I wonder which 80s/90s prime time soap opera will be remade next.

What, you can watch the original Dynasty as well?  I guess now I will be watching both!!  Yeah, my mom didn't let me watch with her.  I'd find ways to prolong going to bed, under the guise of I'd help her fold the laundry or I just had a few more things to pack for school or ... 😉

@Anonymous, in my fourth grade geography bee, I was asked a question about oil producing countries and I used my knowledge from watching Dallas with my parents to answer the question correctly. (the answer had something to do with OPEC if I remember correctly) Yep, nighttime soaps can actually be good for kids. **wink wink**

bobby.gif

Extra credit points if you can tell me why the scene (from the gif posted above) was such an important moment in the history of network television.

@willa25  I loved Dallas! I loved to hate JR!! This wasn't a primetime soap, but I was so into ER. I been watching the series on Pop channel and binge watch since the weather has been so nasty. It's on about all day on Saturdays. Isn't that pathetic!

@yankeefaithful, my dad's fav character on tv has always been J.R. Ewing as well. Anyways.. (and I think this will make you laugh/which I am getting a knack for) my dad and his mother (my grandmother) always used to have a running banter about his love for the oil baron:

My dad: "You know how much I love J.R. Ewing."

My grandma: "Of course you do. He's a low down dirty bleep. Just like you!"

Word for word. Everytime!

tumblr_oqznuiw1lY1u501aoo2_400

Oh.. and just for giggles.. an epic screen of Pam from season 1.. everytime I see it, I can't help but laugh. @Anonymous.. no cheating.. where was Pam in this scene and who was she with and why was she there??? (I'm going to stump you. I know I will! 🙂 )

5c196726b454738d73d425958729e6ad

@willa25  That's hilarious about your grandma!! I know the first time I ever heard my grandma say a curse word was when she was watching Another World or some soap!! The answer to your trivia, my guess she was dancing with Ray Krebbs, but I don't know where. Just a guess, what do you think @Anonymous?

@yankeefaithful.. extremely close!!! scroll down and read my play by play answer for @Anonymous 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@yankeefaithful @willa25

Willa25 - that exchange between your dad and his mom is priceless.  My cheeks hurt from laughing!  So funny!

Anonymous Insider

Ohhhh good trivia @willa25!  I want to say she was with Bobby, but I don't know why she was there....  You have bested me @willa25!  

You have bested me @willa25!  Well played!  Well. Played.  =)You have bested me @willa25! Well played! Well. Played. 😃

You put up a good fight, @Anonymous! (and I don't play very fair, I gave you a very hard question) It comes from Season 1, Episode 2. Premise was Lucy (the reckless cousin.. the blonde haired spawn of the Knots Landing franchise) is acting out in school and also sleeping with yet to be found out fourth Ewing brother, Ray Krebbs. (who by the way was actually her uncle) Anyways, Pamela who is now her new aunt (as she just married Bobby in a civil ceremony unbeknownst to Miss Ellie and Jock) is trying to hit the double jackpot, by both winning her new family's love and also reigning in Lucy's reckless teenage girl ways.

Cut to seventies club scene (with a dance floor that could have come from the Saturday Night Fever set) and Bobby and Pam are shaking their groove thing. And who do they stumble upon... (dum duh dum... dramatic music insert here...) Lucy and Ray!!!! Nighttime Drama Soap history!!!

soap.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Yaaay @willa25!  4th grade willa25 nailed it in the geography bee!  And all thanks to Dallas!  Woo hoo!

As for the Bobby Ewing shower scene ....

Spoiler
The character Bobby Ewing was killed on TV the previous season and then his reappearing was played off as his wife dreamed he died.  It was a dream - similar to how Newhart ended, but there was no death of a major character involved in Newhart.

yAWg3W

@Anonymous, You are a WINNER!!! (and my faith in humanity has been redeemed!!!)

I am 100% impressed with your level of knowledge of both Dallas as well as the ridiculous impact it had on 80s pop culture. Claps all around!!!

giphy

Anonymous Insider

hahahahahahaha @willa25!  There was a lot of TV growing up for little @myinsidevoice.  I remember my mom and her friends talking about the Dallas episode long after it aired.  My mom gets very involved in shows she watches, even now.  Very involved.  One night I stopped by after work to hang out with her (my dad was away on a trip) and she said to me "X (insert name of the then Bachelor guy) is such a jerk. I can't believe he left Y (whichever contestant was unceremoniously jilted by the then Bachelor). It's just awful." BUT she failed to tell me these people were on The Bachelor so I was soooo confused - I didn't figure it out until I asked her if Y was okay and she said that the tell-all wasn't for another couple of weeks.  Seriously, Mama @myinsidevoice?!  Seriously?!?!  <<shakes head>>

@Anonymous Way to go!.You win!! I know Pam dated Ray before she dated Bobby,.didn't she? There was so much switching around with partners, it's was hard to keep up.

Anonymous Insider

oh, forgot to tag people.  Some people have already posted replies here (yaaay!), so...

@juliehnguyen; @mezzotown88; @fieldsofclover; @Anonymous; @Aaliaa; @Kim888; @jozkid; @CakesCakes; @suzyo

what are you watching?

@willa25, I want to tag everyone. 🙂

Ooo I didn't know this thread existed! Thanks for the tag @Anonymous! I currently finished Stranger Things 2 so I guess this means it's time to snoop around and find a new show to binge on. LOL I rarely like to TV shows because I never know what to watch or I find that some shows start out strong but then devolves after like the first season. 

I LOVE IT!!! @Anonymous

1 Reply
testing