Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

So I know there are various threads where we post what we are viewing/streaming but I thought it might be interesting for 2018 to have a CHALLENGE to post the queue of your choice for what you are currently seeing on your screen. 🙂

Rules:

1. Rules... There are no stinking rules! (just kidding!)

2. No really.. basically take a screen or type a list of the queue of your choice. Acceptable lists could come from such places as your: home DVR, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.

The more we share... the more you know! (oh wait... I'm not an NBC commercial!) But in all seriousness, my hope for this thread is by sharing these pics and/or lists we will learn about new shows, movies, series, etc. that some of us maybe never knew about before. The more we share, the more we learn. Sharing is caring!!!

So here is my share as of 01/16/2018 (taken from my home DVR via Verizon Fios):

IMG_0183.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Yes, I have a problem. And my problem is named BRAVO.

@veronika23 @Tamara76 @Anonymous @tsavorite @ZombieMetroAnt @Ispend2much6 @darkiceis @Mcakes @k617 @mermadelove

(please tag others to join in the fun!)

Re: I currently started watching power on Starz but I am not...

Hi @diamondlove,

Have you watched How To Get Away with Murder or Scandal? Those shows are crazy and you get so wrapped into the story lines. I also really like The Handmaiden's Tale, Stranger Things and This is Us.

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

I love this!! Thanks for the tag @Anonymous!!  I'm always trying to catch up on my tv shows and I love a good cartoon or comedy. 

My favorites/rewatched shows:

1. Bob's Burgers

2. American Dad

3. Shameless

4. Community

Currently watching: The Flash, Supergirl (just discovered this one and I love it!), This Is Us, Modern Family, The Middle, Ghosted, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Superstore, Chicago P.D, and Black-ish

I'm trying to find time to watch the Handmaiden's Tale, Sherlock, and The Blacklist but getting into a new show requires a lot of time and commitment.  I feel like it's starting a new relationship again and I have to learn the person's likes and dislikes. LOL.  

Hey @CakesCakes,

You and I have very similar taste! If you get the chance, Sherlock is so much fun to watch and I love Handmaiden's Tale! I watched the first season on Blacklist and it was just ok for me!  

FYI, This is Us just destroys my emotions every week! One of my favorites! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@CakesCakes.. Oh.. Community! I am a Joel McHale fan going back to his The Soup (aka Talk Soup) days!!!

giphy

@willa25 Oh, I loved the Soup and Joel McHale!! He was sooo bad!! I loved his sarcasm! 

@yankeefaithful.. I never would miss an episode of The Soup. (even when it was Talk Soup and hosted by various others... did you know it was actually on the air for 25 years????)

I actually had tickets to see McHale live back in 2010 and then wound up sick the weekend of the show. (and subsequently missed seeing it) I still am upset (as you can tell) even now that I missed out on that night. His combination of sarcasm and swagger is a rare breed.. in fact you can only find in a few people on the screen today.

Luckily.. he is friends with one of my other boyfriends... from across the pond. 🙂

giphy

@willa25  I always loved when Joel McHale subbed on Live with Kelly.  You could see her squirming and the control room going crazy because they never knew what he was going to do!!🤣. I LOVED  it!!

@willa25 What? How have I never seen an episode of that show?? Haha I love him!

Anonymous Insider

Oh this is great!  I go back to work full time at the end of the month and have been doing a lot of binge watching of late. Thanks for the tag @Anonymous!

My guilty pleasures - love these, hope they never stop making them!

• Real Housewives - I've watched all of them at one point or another but my favorite are the Orange County ladies!
  • The Bachelor / Bachelorette / Bachelor Pad ...

Finished and loved these

• Big Little Lies
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • Goliath
  • Arrested Development

Ongoing / in progress

• Mindhunter
  • Luther
  • Scandal

Trying to get into / get back into

• The Blacklist
  • Black Mirror

@Anonymous 

I really liked Big Little Lies too! My fave scene is when the three main characters start running on the beach together.

@Anonymous.. another Bravo/Housewives person.. YEAH!!!

I like RHOC but  Vicki drives me crazy sometimes. The last reunion and the hugout was a little ridiculous though in my humble opinion.

giphy

Anonymous Insider

@willa25,

I hear ya on that one - Vicki is my least favorite housewife; she bugs.  The hugout and "we're back" was contrived in my mind.  There's gong to be more drama from these two - either causing it together or creating it against each other.  

@Anonymous, I used to be able to "tolerate" Vicki.. now, I just can't take her. Even my husband when he sees her on the screen goes, no joke, "what's wrong with her face?" I just feel like she needs to justify her place on the show so she manufactures drama. Otherwise she won't remain the "O.G. from the O.C." Give me a break! **rolls eyes**

giphy

@Anonymous Mind hunter is so good! I hope you get back into Black Mirror too; the most recent season was pretty awesome.

Anonymous Insider

@skcfan

Agree.  Mindhunter is good - so fascinating. Am hoping I'll get back into Black Mirror; I do like it. I may just have had too many things going on when I've sat down to try to watch it. My husband likes it a lot. 

Thanks for tagging me @willa25 🙂

I'm very much a TV minimalist - I don't watch very many shows at once, because I rarely watch cable TV. I also have very little tolerance for reality TV, so I stay away from that. If I watch anything, it's through Netflix or whatever my DH happens to be watching, but we've actually never had full cable TV or DVR since we just stream everything. Whenever something comes out on Netflix, we usually finish within a week.

At the gym, when I'm doing my HIIT cardio I will watch whatever's on Food Channel 😄

Current shows I'm watching and caught up:

Orange is the New Black

Stranger Things/2

Black Mirror

The Crown

Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Iron Fist/The Defenders

Santa Clarita Diet

Game of Thrones

Current shows and not caught up: Better Call Saul

Top/Favourite finished shows of all time: The Office, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development (though I'm hoping to add to "current" soon!), Sherlock (BBC)

Loved the juxtaposition that you are watching the Food channel at the gym, @k617. Also great selection of streaming choices, btw. My hubby is a huge Marvel fan btw so he would definitely approve of many of your selections. (I watch a bunch of those with him as well.)

@k617 Ooh I love Stranger Things!  I was pleasantly surprised with the Santa Clarita Diet. I’m very curious to see what season 2 will be like based on the season 1 finale!  It was such a random, crazy, weird show. Haha 

Anonymous Insider

Yes @k617!  Arrested Development is coming back!  Great, great show!

Thanks for the tag @Anonymous and a great thread idea @willa25 (though I'm not sure if I need another show to watch 🙄). I find there's less in the year round TV that I'm liking these days and have gotten in to re-watching some of my favourites for a 2nd (3rd and 4th time).

Current Shows: GoT, Unreal, Madam Secretary, Will & Grace, Mom

Old Shows: Sons of Anarchy, Sopranos, The West Wing, Newsroom

Period: Crown, Mr. Selfridge, Pride & Prejudice really I've seen all of the British stuff!

Old British Comedy: Fawlty Towers, Mr. Bean, Yes Minister/Prime Minister)

I could probably go on but I'm going to go watch TV!

@Aaliaa, I actually LOVE british programming and actually immediately navigate to the BBC section whenever I check out new streaming applications. 

I 100% know Mr. Bean and have watched it many times. I also absolutely love Pride and Prejudice. Have you ever seen, The Vicar of Dibley? That was also a great BBC comedy back in the day and I have seen every episode.

3 Replies
testing