Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Holiday Decorations Thread

The holidays are going to be strange this year. Many people, including myself, are unable to celebrate with family or simply the way they want to. On the news this morning they were discussing that many people are decorating early because they feel they need cheer. I put my tree up a couple days ago. I was thinking it would be nice to see other people's decorations and spread the cheer. I am NOT just talking about Christmas. I consider myself mostly Jewish but grew up celebrating many holidays and have a Christmas tree of my own. So no pressure in terms of holiday or religion. Whatever you want to share. I finished putting the details on my tree today.

20201117_182700.jpg

Re: The Holiday Decorations Thread

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

@KehDee @I sent you a message back hope you got it. 

@KehDee these are warming up my heart! Love seeing the tree topper going on with a bit of helpful lifting. Love all your Disney stuff too. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks @sprocketta my daughter had the same photo taken when she was 2 and wanted to replicate it this year. It was a sweet moment. And yes, we are huge Disney fans!

@KehDee

My sister and I would switch off putting the tree topper on. When we packed up the tree in January a note would go in with the topper to specify whose turn it was the next year.

My mom's Thanksgiving decorations.

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

@sprocketta Awwww.  I love Thanksgiving decor as well. This is too cute!

@tjffc my mom is decorating at a more reasonable pace than me. 😂

@sprocketta omg I love that turkey on the end. Gobble till you wobble I love it!!

@niki172 I wish I could could this year. I have a friend who will fix me a plate but I don't plan to eat with her family. I'm planning to just drop in for a short time with everyone masked up.

@sprocketta ,

I love your sparkling tree!  My first thoughts were wondering how Joy likes the tree and how many ornaments has her wagging tail knocked off?  Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

@tsavorite  Thanks!

20201115_143508.jpg

Joy has zero interest in the tree. It's right next to the sunroom where I keep her gated in while gone or working. When she comes out of there she jumps around and has a helicopter tail so she has sent 2 ornaments flying by seems to have figured it out now.

@sprocketta, I love your tree! (Joy, too!) I remember having a little tree in my first apartment.

@sprocketta - I always forget just how beautiful Joy is!  I love seeing pics of her!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 she is very striking and draws a lot of attention. I like to say she's the supermodel and I'm the stage mom. 😂 The dollar store next to my apartment let's me bring her in and she makes lots of friends there.

@sprocketta I will be off work the whole next week. Normally we drive down south to see my family or to steal my mom for thanksgiving. This year, I cancel that. I’m too paranoid about stopping on the way and who knows we got exposed to what and risking to expose my family 😢 I feel really home sick right now. So yes, I will let my son to have his Christmas tree up. Will try to post picture for sure 😘

@blackkitty2014 i understand. I'm not traveling to see my family for the same reason. My parents are diabetic (as am i) and my sister is on dialysis. Just too risky. Can't wait to see the picture.

@sprocketta @niki172 @SportyGirly125 @sonnydee and anyone else - As everyone has said, great idea for a thread!  I love all the pics!  I don't put up a tree.  I usually put up a small stocking at work, but I'm still teleworking so that won't happen.  A few weeks ago, I went over to my Mom's house and we went through all the Christmas decorations.   I snagged all the, what I call, antique ornaments.  They're from the 1950s and early 1960s.  Mom kept the wooden ones that Mom, I, and the girl across the street made when and my friend and I were very young (it was some type of craft kit where we painted them).  BTW, when I used to put up a tree, my cats also liked to lay under the tree and bat at the ornaments!  

@Titian06 if you do put up a tree I'd love to see those vintage ornaments. I love stuff like that. I still remember the hard plastic light up Santa that my grandparents used to put out with those huge light bulbs on the bushes.

@niki172 - "Vintage" I like that much better than "antique"!  😄  My brother had the plastic light-up Santa.  I had the plastic light-up snowman with the neon green and pink!  I forgot about these.  They were also among the decorations, so I brought home my snowman too.  

@Titian06 I love all that stuff! I hope you put it up and have fun. Nostalgia this year is really helping me thru even if it is just little things. They bring back so many good memories ❤️.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos42
  • 20201117_182700.jpg
  • 20201117_170259.jpg
  • 24CF2EEC-A84C-4D2A-994F-ABC4D9F103A2.jpeg
  • simba_n.jpg
  • 20201118_162534.jpg
  • 20201118_162353.jpg
  • 20201115_143508.jpg
  • IMG_3581.jpg
  • IMG_3582.jpg