Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

โšก๐Ÿฆ‰ The Harry Potter Thread! ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿฐ

I've noticed that there isn't a Harry Potter thread on here and I think one is long overdue. Feel free to post anything here that's related to the world of witchcraft and wizardry! 

tumblr_nrlchxzINK1uqkpjlo1_500.jpgrsz_hp-the-series.png

3220130144383120132111195.gif

Tags:

Re: The Harry Potter Thread!

@PrettyPaint,

Nice! I am almost to year 3! My roommate kept complaining about it so I stopped playing for like a week, but she kept playing when I thought she stopped so now she is way ahead of me lol! 

But I really like the story! It's fun and easy! Can't wait to see what characters we get to meet and new places we get to explore. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT Unfortunately, I don't have a smartphone (not a fan of touch screens). My current cell phone is on it's way out, so when I finally upgrade, downloading the game will be one of the first things I'll do! I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the game, though, so fingers crossed that I'll end up liking it! 

Iโ€™m playing @JaneanBT! I just need to finish this last flying lesson and Iโ€™ll be in year two. I started playing last week. The energy thing is such a drag, but other than that itโ€™s not bad. 

@Beadshopgirl  I know a lot of people don't like the energy aspect of the game but I have played many games like that so it does not really bother me. 

My roommate and I always remind each other that we have "class" and my other 2 roommates look at us confused because neither one of us are in school. Then we have to remind that we are students at Hogwarts. They just roll their eyes at us like we are crazy lol

@JaneanBT LOL! I set up notifications on my iPad to remind me when my energy is full, and when I have tasks to perform. 

@Beadshopgirl I just set up my notifications because I kept forgetting about my classes and failing! OMG! I am glad this is not real life! 

RE: Re: The Harry Potter Thread!

I downloaded it as well but I got bored and gave up haha. I feel like it reminds me of trying to play the sims on the app which is mostly just frustrating. But if you ever find out what happens to the brother let me know ! Lol

Re: RE: Re: The Harry Potter Thread!

Haha! Will do @Kim888! Just remember it takes 7 years to complete Hogwarts, so it might be awhile! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

47-best-disney-memes-ariel.jpg

Lmao! @veronika23

cc2e4145e6c8b9886a09237108f01864.jpg

Also, there's a new Wizarding World logo!

New logo design for Wizarding World

From Pottermore, "New logo marks an exciting year ahead for the Wizarding World":

"The new Wizarding World logo is an open book, reflecting its literary origins, and contains elements emblematic of the beloved characters from both Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. Astute fans will instantly notice the iconic lightning bolt, as well as a subtle nod to magical creatures, embedded in the logo. Additionally, the bookโ€™s fanned-open โ€˜pagesโ€™ are actually wands, each belonging to one of the legendary wizards or witches from the two franchises.

The order of the wands is also symbolic: reflecting the evolution of the films, they begin with those chosen for the Harry Potter characters, followed by key characters from Fantastic Beasts. From left to right, they are the wands belonging to Voldemort, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore (the Elder Wand), Newt Scamander, Tina Goldstein, Queenie Goldstein, and Gellert Grindelwald (the wand he possessed before claiming the Elder Wand).

All of the wands point inward, inviting both devoted and new fans, as well as future generations, to discover more of the magic and adventure of the Wizarding World."

The first Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald trailer! In Theaters 11/16/18.

Ahhh it looks so good and it makes my heart so happy to see Hogwarts again! 

Interesting! I dunno I just canโ€™t get on board with fantastic beasts. I, like so many others, felt such a big connection with Harry Potter and the story but I Just canโ€™t make that connection with fantastic beasts. It doesnโ€™t feel like the Harry Potter to me I suppose itโ€™s just a tenuous connection. 

Maybe this movie with dumbledore will feel more relatable! 

I liked Fantastic Beasts, but I understand where you're coming from. With Harry Potter, the books are how most people first fell in love with the story and the movies brought it to life on the big screen (with some differences, but it still had the same feeling). Though even if you saw the movies before reading the books, it was still easy to become engrossed in the storyline. Fantastic Beasts just seems to be missing some of the magic that made the Harry Potter series so special.

However, for me, Fantastic Beasts is simply an entertaining way to expand my knowledge of the wizarding world. Unlike the Cursed Child, I feel that it's in line enough with the original canon and therefore, I can actually enjoy it. 

Anyway, hopefully seeing Hogwarts and a familiar character, like Dumbledore, will make the new movie better for you, @Kim888.

@lmi82 Lol yeah I think we all just pretend cursed child didnโ€™t happen - but very true fantadic beasts stays very much true the Wizarding world overall which is nice 

Haha, yup! @Kim888

dumbledorecursedchildtublrpost.PNG

โค๏ธ Happy Valentine's...tumblr_mi0nxc91VG1r0ratto1_500.giftumblr_mi0nxc91VG1r0ratto2_500.gif

tumblr_mi0nxc91VG1r0ratto3_500.gif

AND Singles Awareness Day, Potterheads! โค๏ธ

tumblr_o2el6m0n1g1v6pg78o1_540.gif

ezgif-1-3de2a0a1b1.gif

84264f86c4cce230a5b5c90a868c8694--funny-math-math-humor.jpgaed4d797f5338ef6677015bbf01e2a46.png

Has anyone gotten sucked into the Harry Potter section of Quora?  I swear...it started out with answering one question.  I just wrote an 821 word answer to a question about how Harry would've turned out if the "Dursley's had loved Harry and raised him as well as they raised Dudley".  It's EVIL.  But some of the questions are really interesting.

Just a reminder that the Harry Potter film series is now officially on HBO!

harrypotterhbotweet.PNG

There are also "plans to show the movies on Syfy and USA later in 2018". This is mentioned in an EW article (linked in spoiler):

Spoiler
Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • tumblr_nrlchxzINK1uqkpjlo1_500.jpg
  • 3220130144383120132111195.gif
  • 6358799009658955091095675736_Hogwarts.png
  • HP.PNG
  • il_570xN.1209318327_b9v5.jpg
  • b031288f66ac2900bc95dcb3263bce97.jpg
  • saaa.gif
  • aaa.gif
  • IMG_0623.JPG