cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Candles thread :)

What kind of scents do you like?

I like fresh fresh air/clothes, freshly cut wood kinds of scents.

I went to a spa a while ago, and inside that thing that i cant remember the name right now 😂😂😂😂, that thing where you go in and its very hot..... anyway it was a natural one where they had fresh bois-franc logs burning in the center and i really liked the smell. 

Its not really the smell of "burning" wood perse that i like, it smelled really fresh because its bois-franc, and uhh.. it was probably very fresh logs because it smelled really good, like fresh air inside a wood cottage. Lol my description, i tried my best, i hope you get the idea 😉

So, i found this candle at BABW, its called Orchard Blossom; it reminds me that fresh wood smell with something a little fresh/sweet/crisp (not caramel sweet, its a very soft kind of sweet mixed with a very mostly fresh scent). 

I really hope they bring it back because i need to buy like atleast 3 more!!

Another smell/thing i discovered recently enough is Palo Santo. I love that smell, and im trying to find a candle that has that smell, i saw that BABW has one, but i have to smell it first,

Because we know too well how much it sucks to find a candle of a scent we like, but that it smells so chemically that its just not good. 

Candle smells that for me are most times done wrong are smells like: apple pie, cedar, etc. They most times smells way too sweet or way too strong. They maybe should have different levels of smells, because i like "normal real life fresh apple pie", not "extreme cinnamon apple pie". 😂😂😂

Who else like fresh wood with soft sweet together as a smell?? (something like that lol)

Also, whats your favorites smells for candles??

Note: i still cant think of the name of that room thing we go in where its really hot !!! 😂😂😆😆😆

OH, i need to add that i like the scent of pool chlorine too lol, not super strong chlorine, but more like regular level pool chlorine scent lolll 

Re: The Candles thread :)

Just finished burning the Pumpkin Snickerdoodle by Bath & Body Works large candle. I picked up a few autumn-friendly candles and still have a few to go through so I wanted to burn this one before anything-pumpkin-related fell out of season (controversial take coming from me considering my favorite year-round bathroom wax melt scent is Pumpkin Buttercream, but I digress). The scent was pretty spot on but I wouldn't say it had enough of a distinguishment to be a true right-on-the-nose snickerdoodle scent, but it came pretty darn close. Throw was fantastic on this one, I burned this in my bedroom and could distinctly smell it throughout my partner's office area and our dining room when I left the door open. Will definitely repurchase this one if it comes around next season 🙂

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png

Ulta has fall candles 

20230815_125323.jpg

@greeneyedgirl107 The Pistachio Biscotti is my favorite out of this bunch ❤️ so delicious

@QueenMarceline I'll have to check that one out.  I bought the cocoa one, and it was OK but I prefer BBW...so much for getting a deal.  It smelled more like graham crackers to me.  Also, it irritated my lips.  I've noticed some candles do that.  I'm going to try the vanilla one and see how I fair.  BBW also has a pistachio one this year, btw.  I bought pistachio caramel from Trader Joe's this year, but will be gifting it to my sister.

@greeneyedgirl107 are you talking about the cocoa & marshmallow winter-time LE one? That one caught my attention on the site but the reviews seem to be mixed, I'll be making a pit stop to my local ULTA soon though so I'll have to give it a go myself. Sorry it didn't particularly fair well with you 😕 Hate when that happens with a candle. The B&BW is coincidentally very close to the ULTA I spoke of so I'd love to smell their pistachio scent, it's one of my guilty pleasure scents especially during this time of the year. 🙂 

@QueenMarceline yes...thats the one I'm speaking of.

@greeneyedgirl107 Actually stopped at both ULTA and B&BW over the weekend to smell some candles. Totally agree with your sentiment about liking the hot cocoa from B&BW more. I didn't see the pistachio candle there, unfortunately.

Does anyone know if Aldi's still has the single wick candles?  I've been there occasionally over the past few months and haven't seen any.

@greeneyedgirl107 I haven't been inside an ALDI in forever, but was in love with their Cereal Milkshake 1-wick (to the point where I had a stash of them for a while) is this confirmed no more 1 wick candles? 😖

@QueenMarceline I literally bought like 7 or 8 of that one!!!!  I have not seen single wicks there in months and months...but I have not been there in a while.   I'm guessing they're gone. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Gosh I hope not... 😕 Will keep you posted, was hoping to stop there in the next couple of weeks 🙂

@QueenMarceline yes!  Pls lmk!

My Aldi's only had 2/4 St. Patrick's Day candles.

20230307_143108.jpg

And another kind I don't I posted yet.

20230307_143125.jpg

Went to Aldi's just to check out the new candles!

20230216_130010.jpg

20230216_125901.jpg

20230216_125919.jpg

20230216_125946.jpg

More Aldi's...embossed tin candle.

20230213_125555.jpg

Aldi's 

20230131_124636.jpg

 Valentine's Day

20230131_124925.jpg

 Art Deco

20230131_124741.jpg

 Three wick

20230131_125005.jpg

 Two wick

I was disappointed that there weren't any small jar candles. 

More Aldi's candles

20221230_103145.jpg

@greeneyedgirl107 all of you who have an Aldi make me so jealous.  I hear that the candles are fab!

@CookieGirl1 I must admit it's nice!  I regret not picking up any of the seasonal ones for gifting.

There are so many yummy scents of candles . This time of the year is PSL ( pumpkin Spice latte) scented  ..I learned towards the festive  or sensual or earthy 🕯 scents. It's about your likes and tolerance to scents ..the soy based wax candles burn cleaner then the other types of candles .. same goes with wax melts too.@Emy10

Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 2021-03-02 16.01.22.jpg
  • 20221025_111534.jpg
  • 20221025_111143.jpg
  • 20221025_111217.jpg
  • 20221102_145045.jpg
  • 20221102_144833.jpg
  • 20221129_134355.jpg
  • 20221129_134414.jpg
  • 20221129_134626.jpg
  • 20221129_135059.jpg