cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Candles thread :)

What kind of scents do you like?

I like fresh fresh air/clothes, freshly cut wood kinds of scents.

I went to a spa a while ago, and inside that thing that i cant remember the name right now 😂😂😂😂, that thing where you go in and its very hot..... anyway it was a natural one where they had fresh bois-franc logs burning in the center and i really liked the smell. 

Its not really the smell of "burning" wood perse that i like, it smelled really fresh because its bois-franc, and uhh.. it was probably very fresh logs because it smelled really good, like fresh air inside a wood cottage. Lol my description, i tried my best, i hope you get the idea 😉

So, i found this candle at BABW, its called Orchard Blossom; it reminds me that fresh wood smell with something a little fresh/sweet/crisp (not caramel sweet, its a very soft kind of sweet mixed with a very mostly fresh scent). 

I really hope they bring it back because i need to buy like atleast 3 more!!

Another smell/thing i discovered recently enough is Palo Santo. I love that smell, and im trying to find a candle that has that smell, i saw that BABW has one, but i have to smell it first,

Because we know too well how much it sucks to find a candle of a scent we like, but that it smells so chemically that its just not good. 

Candle smells that for me are most times done wrong are smells like: apple pie, cedar, etc. They most times smells way too sweet or way too strong. They maybe should have different levels of smells, because i like "normal real life fresh apple pie", not "extreme cinnamon apple pie". 😂😂😂

Who else like fresh wood with soft sweet together as a smell?? (something like that lol)

Also, whats your favorites smells for candles??

Note: i still cant think of the name of that room thing we go in where its really hot !!! 😂😂😆😆😆

OH, i need to add that i like the scent of pool chlorine too lol, not super strong chlorine, but more like regular level pool chlorine scent lolll 

Re: The Candles thread :)

@greeneyedgirl107 i'm not sure about the hot cocoa one but the Paris Cafe candle smells just like a latte/coffee house in a not super obnoxious way, in case that's something that would appeal to you. 

I loved Paris cafe at BBW.  One of my favorites there was Campfire Coffee (smelled like a Starbucks shop!).   I don't think they make CC anymore.  Regardless, I am now more so into candles that have a pure cotton wick and are made of soy and don't have "fragrance" chemicals in them.  I am obsessed with Lafco and Tatine candles. Both are ludacris in price (the latter more so expensive for the size).  Kobo is also amazing.  I'd for Sephora to carry more candle brands that are clean in ingredients. 

@makeitup305 Thanks for the input!  I'm thinking that maybe I will pick up the Hot Cocoa during their semi-annual sale, since I can't get it out of my head.  Now I'm wishing I hadn't used my 20% off code already.

@greeneyedgirl107  French baguette came from BBW a long time ago. I’ve been savouring it!! The Fraser fir I got was from a cute little boutique in my small town! It smells soo good! I’ve never seen a bread scented candle since either but it’s such a great scent. I use to burn it when I had people coming to view my house when we were trying to sell it. Didn’t work but was worth a try!

@ather @The French baguette is available again on B&BW!

@makeitup305  Ekkk definitely going to get more!! Thank you for letting me know!! Can’t wait! 

@ather I remember that scent! It definitely smelled exactly like fresh bread! It brought me back to the days I worked at a french bakery.

@makeitup305  If I remember correctly I only saw it once and maybe at Christmas time! 

@ather I can't remember the time of year but maybe! I remember bc they only had the single wick available. It's definitely a more unique candle scent!

@ather Thanks for the info!  I think I'm going to have to put BBW on my radar more.  It's a shame how they discontinue so many of their scents, though.  I feel like the odds are slim that they'll ever bring back that bread one!

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree. They use to have a frosted cupcake scent that I loved but I’m pretty sure it was discontinued 😭 so sad. 

@ather That's a scent that would definitely interest me!

@greeneyedgirl107  Soo good!! 

@ather they still have the wallflower for it, if it's something you use! I feel like I saw that candle earlier this year so fingers crossed they bring it back in spring/summer!

@makeitup305  Thanks! I’ll keep my eyes open for it!!

@ather  A bread-scented candle would be wonderful! What a great find! 

I have a fragrance by Lush (Rentless) that makes me smell like a douglas fir. 🙂 I should grab a pine tree candle soon. Usually I spend part of December visiting my parents in Florida, but obviously that's not happening this year. A Christmas tree candle might help me feel less sad about that. 💚

@WinglessOne I bet that scent is fabulous.  A Christmas tree scent sounds lovely.  I think the holidays will be so different for everyone this year..  My mom passed away in March after seven years of living with dementia and me as her caregiver.   Christmas was her favorite holiday for as long as I can remember.  She loved Christmas trees and decor so I decorated my house every year because it made her happy.   This year will be so different without her.  A Christmas tree scent is just what I need.  Love it!  I've already grabbed a few pine scented candles from Bath and Body Works.  

Aww @tjffc  I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandmother had dementia, and I always tell folks I lost her twice. I'm glad your mother had you by her side for so long. I hope the pine candles bring you some comfort. 💚

@WinglessOne  I have tons of Lush stuff but I can’t recall ever smelling that scent. I will have to next time I’m in the store! I’m so sorry you won’t be able to visit family for Christmas. Hopefully a candle will brighten your spirits. 

@ather ... oh man... baguette candle would be too much for me... I'd start craving bread and end up eating a whole loaf lol... what an awesome scent to find!

@Emy10 I was about to start a Candle Thread - until I stumbled across this one!  So happy you created one!  I just bought several from Yankee Candle:

Steamed Vanilla Milk

Santa's Cookies

Evergreen Mist

Candy Cane Lane

Vanilla Bean from the Wood Wick line

Vanilla Toffee from the Wood Wick line

And not too long ago I picked up Fresh Cut Roses, Steamed Vanilla Milk (OK, I'm obsessed) and Rainbow Cookies.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 2021-03-02 16.01.22.jpg
  • 20221025_111534.jpg
  • 20221025_111143.jpg
  • 20221025_111217.jpg
  • 20221102_145045.jpg
  • 20221102_144833.jpg
  • 20221129_134355.jpg
  • 20221129_134414.jpg
  • 20221129_134626.jpg