Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

This totally sounds like me @sister13 😂😂😂 omg! I've been so lazy with my plants since they've been pretty much dormant (sigh tropical plants) but spring is coming up and I'll be repotting a bunch of plants to share with the community! Thank you for the tag & the reminder of the thread! My app sucks and it doesn't show me different threads but basically the same ones over and over 🥲😭

I have not had his luck with the app in the past! All of my poor indoor plants need repotting so maybe this is the year I actually get to it! Can’t wait to see yours too! @jaaayp 

The plants really should repot themselves.. theyre alive.. right LOL @sister13 😂😂😂

That's great!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 @sister13 

🤣🤣🤣 @lmaster 

Dirty house? Same deal right @sister13 😂🤣 thx for the tags. PS yr before last my husband bought 2-3 tulip 🌷 packages on sale. He didn’t have time to put them in the ground and so he just sticked them in the pot. Last year we have couple bloom and somehow ithey got confused and come back in the middle of winter. 😂🤣 I take pictures if they actually make some bloom.

That’s great! We had a late fall and I saw a few daffodils start to peek out, but I just put some more mulch out and told them to stay down a little longer, lol! @blackkitty2014 

LOL - @sister13 ! 🤣  I have sink flies, so I either have to put the dirty dishes immediately in the dishwasher or the refrigerator. 

Haha! @Titian06 

My cosmos were such a joy this summer until the early extreme cold zapped them! Also, the iceberg rose and morning glories were lovely! You can see out Dog Tuff grass plugs filled in pretty well. 

IMG_4442.jpegIMG_4441.jpegIMG_4436.jpegIMG_3727.jpegIMG_3723.jpegIMG_3445.jpegIMG_2630.jpegIMG_0935.jpeg

@sister13 You grew nasturtiums! They remind me of this vegetarian restaurant back home. There was this one pizza they had on the menu that was topped with nasturtium leaves and petals, which were also part of the decor on the patio. It was delicious and surprisingly filling. 

Ooh, interesting, I'll have to try that next year! @JoSometimes 

@sister13 It has a peppery kick to it. It’s great if you want to spice something up. I imagine it’ll go well on something like a burger or in a salad. 

The cosmo and other flora look beautiful, @sister13 ! 🥰  Teine seems to be having some gardening fun too! 😄

Thank you! Yes, Teine and Tama got a kick out of chasing the grasshoppers, lol! 

Those nasturtiums really took off, I can only imagine if I’d gotten them sprouted early in the season! @Titian06 

IMG_5397.jpeg

We’re nearing the first frost of the year. I caught a quick peak of the blueberry bush planter and saw all the pretty colours (and a few weeds that have decided to try and take hold of the planter before winter comes)

@JoSometimes stunning 

Thank you @CorgiMommy

So pretty! We got a colder than normal cold snap (down to 16 degrees!!) but it’s warmed up again. Sadly, I didn’t get my tomatoes harvested beforehand and they all froze, but I did get some flower pics to share before the cold. I did some yard cleanup and bulb planting yesterday, though I still have a ton of bulbs to get in the ground. 

@JoSometimes 

@sister13 @I hope you’re able to get them into the ground before the temperature really drops. 

I got most of then in pretty late last year (like maybe even December) and they came up beautifully, so we should be okay. Although it is definitely more pleasant to plant when it’s not so cold! And since it’s been so warm, I don’t want to plant too early. I’m seeing some bulb shoots but not sure if it’s the ones I planted in like March in a desperate move since I didn’t plant them in the fall. @JoSometimes 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos307
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
  • IMG_4391.jpeg
  • IMG_3481.jpeg