cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

My Birthday!!!

Hello everyone! I'm soon to be celebrating my 29th birthday after an extremely rough couple of years. I'm getting myself back into action saved would love some friends, tips, and maybe help getting some make up. In 2013, I the worst possible thing that could happen to any woman... happened to me... My daughter passed away. I quickly spiraled into a deep depression, shunning any help offered at that time. God played a huge role on those days when it took everything just to shower.... But I believe I'm finally ready. I'm ready to feel beautiful again. I'm ready to smile again. I didn't know where to start so I figured that because I had always loved makeup, I'd ask for help with any beauty testers considering I'm not yet working. I'm told to take this one day at a time and that's exactly what I'm doing... I'm trying to live, once again. Thank you for listening ladies!

Anonymous Insider

Re: My Birthday!!!

I'm 29 also and mother of 2 boys, can't imagine losing them.. Be strong and I hope u see the light at the end of the tunnel.. And of course taking care of your appearance will help u feel better so warm wishes and take care!

Happy birthday and welcome! ♥♥♥

My heart aches reading your post and my heart smiles at your bravery and desire to embrace your beauty and to smile again.

You will find so many loving helpful people here.  

I just sent a huge pile of samples and makeup bags to my daughter and granddaughter for stocking stuffers.  I will follow you if that's ok and once I acquire another decent sized batch, I'd love to send you a care packet. ♥ 

Anonymous Insider

RE: My Birthday!!!

Also, sign up for your favorite brands email list, they often offer really good deals on their products. I just got an email from Anastasia Beverly Hills, who makes amazing brow products, liquid lipsticks and Glow Palettes, of which I own just about all of them- they are having a buy one/get one free sale today!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: My Birthday!!!

I’m so sorry for your loss but I’m happy you are getting stronger.

First off, my sympathies on the loss of your daughter, my heart goes out to you.

Next, Happy Birthday, and let's get you started on the road to new makeup. Since you said you aren't working, maybe some drugstore or lesser expensive items to start with? Ecotools makes some amazing brushes, they are available at ULTA. After Christmas, Sephora sometimes has a great sale on items (check the Sale section, under Makeup), I've gotten some great deals there. NYX and WetNWild, which are available at some drugstores and ULTA has some things that are really comparable to the high end stuff you get elsewhere. I just got a highlighter palette from them that is really nice, I think it's as good as my Anastasia one. If you want my recommendations for higher end things, I love my Urban Decay Naked I palette, it's so versatile and you can make many different looks with it. Currently, my favorite blush is from ColorPop, lipstick from Urban Decay (sign up for their emails, they have really good sales and one day specials) and Fairy Drops mascara from Amazon. Good luck and have fun playing with your new makeup. If you'd like more pointers, just ask us, we love to share our makeup knowledge.

Happy Birthday!! and Welcome! 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing