cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

Modeling Additions

Just had my 3rd audition since I decided to try this modeling thing, second call back. This is the first agency that I've liked, and they seem to like me to, but may be to much. I sent my potential agent a list of questions I have before I go in Wednesday, which she is determined for me to sign a contract with them then. Am I just nervous, or is something up? I TOTALLY feel like I nailed the audition. Photo shoot and runway. Is it to good to be true though?? Aaahhh, help! 

Re: Modeling Additions

If they ask you for some money, if you have to invest in order to get paid, then it's a con. Just make sure you get paid after your work, sometimes they will try to delay the payment for months.

Exactly what she said. I’ve been in the business for over 10 years. Look for a local agency to start. Your only upfront cost should be to get your headshots and photos for your portfolio. If they’re charging you upfront in most cases it’s not legitimate. 

@Anonymous I don't know anything about modeling or the inner workings of the agent companies but just remember never sign a contract without reading it! You can likely google what the standard is in the industry and I'm sure there are articles online from people in the industry and then compare what you get. Don't feel rushed to sign anything if they don't give you ample time to read the contract that's not ok. 

Anonymous Insider

Kim888 wrote:

@HerMrsLugo I don't know anything about modeling or the inner workings of the agent companies but just remember never sign a contract without reading it! You can likely google what the standard is in the industry and I'm sure there are articles online from people in the industry and then compare what you get. Don't feel rushed to sign anything if they don't give you ample time to read the contract that's not ok. 

That's what I did, then I googled questions to ask before signing and wrote them down with my own and typed a copy to the potential agency. The audition was fun, but then I heard the word "contract" and "your in, we like you a lot" and all of a sudden it was really intimidating!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing