Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~

***All gifts have been sent/received*** Thank you for all of your support 

day celebrating GIF

We promised you something magical and fun to start off the new year...and now the time to play is finally here! 

Our previous rounds have been wonderful platforms for bringing us all together though our appreciation for beauty, treats and camaraderie. We're glad that you've  decided to join in on the fun!

Positive Energy and Unicorn Love Always, 
Mcakes & ZombieMetroAnt

Tips and Tricks

Spoiler

♥Ask questions! Anyone can ask anyone an anonymous question, that will help you get a better idea of likes and dislikes, haves and wants, etc. 

♥When you purchase something, click "Mark As Purchased." They won't see it, but they might be using the same wishlist for other gift exchanges, so this can prevent them potentially getting the same gift from two different people.

♥If you got something for yourself, remove it from your wishlist! 

Shipping Suggestions

Spoiler

How to ship abroad/add a customs label while still using online shipping:
1. Creating an account: First, you must create a free account on the USPS website. The paypal.com/shipnow site will not let you create customs forms.
2. Shipping Label: To create the shipping label, you want to use the "Click n Ship" function from the dropdown menu under Mail & Ship. Many of the directions from above are basically the same but the key difference is under, "Where are you sending to?" you will need to use the dropdown menu to select the country of choice.
3. Finishing the Shipping Label:Fill in all the corresponding information until the end of the form including the value of the package. The Canadians on the board may have more to speak to with this but I always kept this amount on the lower side so the recipient doesn't get hit with high customs fee. (average amount I would put would be $10-$20) A great feature is at the end of the page it will give you all your options for shipping. I can tell you on a personal note that when I ship to England I always choose first class international mail and I have never had a problem. Once again, delivery confirmation is thrown in for FREE.
3. Beginning the Customs Form: You will then get to a page that will you through step by step filling in the customs form. The first question will ask you to "Enter Package Information." This is where you can just write this is a gift box for a friend. You do not need to write anything more!
4. Customs Inventory: Next up is, "Enter Item Information." Okay, this one is a little tricky. If you want to itemize, and fill in every single thing in the box, you can. If you only want to do a couple, you can. I've done both over the years and both have been okay. I'm not going to tell you though that it will work every time so ultimately, the decision is up to you. Make sure though that you mark each item a GIFT so that the recipient does not get charged increased fees. Also, and this is IMPORTANT, the total that adds up for the all the items has to be the same total you gave on the previous page for the value of the box. So if you make something worth $1, that's fine! (Again, Canadians speak up hear if I'm wrong but my abroad friends always told me it was better to do this to reduce customs fees for the recipient.) Lastly, each weight of each individual item will need to add up to the to the total weight item, so I've honestly literally made up ratio numbers in the past. (I have never had a problem in years of sending packages)
5. Tarrif Number: Lastly, you do not have a tariff number so leave that blank. Okay, one last thing, choose your AES exemption. I would choose the second one having to do with gifts.
6. Obtaining the Label/Customs Form: The steps following this are similar to the ones from above except that I believe the payment options for USPS may also include credit card options as well as PayPal. Go ahead and print your label which will also contain your completed customs form. (Please note: you may need to sign your customs form before affixing it to your package) On a positive note, YOU STILL SAVE MONEY BY USING THE ONLINE POSTAGE SYSTEM!
7. How to actually ship it:For international packages, my personal advice is yes, bring it to the post office, and yes, actually check it in and get a receipt saying it was checked in by a postal worker. Since many international packages take quite longer than domestic and tend to get delayed at different intervals, you want to make sure that everything is okay when it first enters the system.

Duty Info:
US can receive a gift up to 100 USD. If you send from Canada and mark your gift as 100 you are actually saying it cost you 100 CAD. Today Google converts that to 75.87USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.

Canada can receive a gift up to 60 CAD. If you send from the US and mark your gift as 60, you are actually saying it cost you 60 USD. Today Google converts that to 79.08 CAD. So your Canadian friend in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees.

I believe customs will check the rate on the day the item is processed. Seems Canada is at somewhat the same range recently but it does go down a bit. Just
things to keep in mind.

Participants

Spoiler

angel7594- gift received, thank you prettyinpa!

beadshopgirl- gift received, thank you MissPuff!

CC3616- gift received, thank you mermadelove!

ClassicallyFab- gift received, thank you mella900!

darkiceis- gift received, thank you ElleElleG!

ElleElleG- gift received, thank you beadshopgirl!

fatimamummy- gift received, thank you SpaceLlama! 

gonerogue- gift received, thank you Ispend2much6!

heartsmyface- gift received, thank you PaletteAddict99! 

Ispend2much6- gift received, thank you unfungirl!

jozkid- gift received, thank you Lazybeautybeast!

lazybeautybeast- gift received, thank you ClassicallyFab!

LCResz- gift received, thank you txcatx!

lipstick4soul- gift received, thank you LCResz!

Mcakes- gift received, thank you angel7594!

meganlisa- gift received, thank you myumew!

mella900- gift received, thank you ZombieMetroAnt!

mermadelove- gift received, thank you jozkid!

MissPuff- gift received, thank you ohheyitscindyk!

myumew- gift received, thank you Tamara76!

NotCrocker- gift received, thank you gonerogue!

ohheyitscindyk- gift received, thank you heartsmyface!

PaletteAddict99- gift received, thank you Mcakes!

prettyinpa- gift received, thank you veronika23!
Sabrinas- gift received, thank you Samtian!
Samtian- gift recieved, thank you Sabrinas!

shimmerbait- gift received, thank you fatimamummy! 

sister13- gift received, thank you darkiceis! 

SpaceLlama- gift received, thank you NotCrocker!

Tamara76- gift received, thank you lipstick4soul!

txcatx- gift received, thank you sister13!

unfungirl- gift received, thank you CC3616!
veronika23- gift received, thank you shimmerbait!

ZombieMetroAnt- gift received, thank you meganlisa!

Shipping Deadline: On or before Galentine's Day (2/13)

leslie knope park and rec GIF by NBC

Re: ~♥Galentine's Day Exchange♥~

Bread, eggs and milk are so over rated for snow days. I mean, what are you going to do, eat French Toast until the roads are plowed? I'd say stock up on adult beverages and snacks, you need to replenish your energy after shoveling.

@prettyinpa  I always wonder about buying things you have to cook for snow days; maybe it's just our area, but we would have a lot of power outages if the snow was that bad.

Living in the country one of the first things we got is a big generator to run the well pump and deep freezers. Rural power is notoriously undependable even in moderate weather, it goes out for hours without any notice.

Us too @prettyinpa And we are always the very last in the area to have our electricity turned back on so we got a giant standby generator hooked up to a giant propane tank. 

@darkiceis  Exactly!  And, we're supposed to have another this week, so, to Trader Joe's it is!

I love being a part of this community, everyone is so sweet! These exchanges are so much fun, it's a chance to become closer with people while sharing love of makeup! Let the shopping begin! 

I'm SO excited!!!! Thanks @Mcakes and @ZombieMetroAnt for hosting!!! 

tumblr_n2rnfmTDAW1qm2l53o2_250.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-1.gif

Thank you again for your work @Mcakes  @ZombieMetroAnt!  This is such a fun holiday for which to have an exchange.

200.gif

👯👯👯 🎉WOOOOO HOOOOO 🎉 👯👯👯

LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN 🙂

WELL TOMORROW... 😉

THANK YOU @Mcakes & @ZombieMetroAnt ❣️

Yay! I'm so excited; thanks for hosting another exchange, @Mcakes and @ZombieMetroAnt! Also, whenever I see your names on a piece of snail mail, I know it's always going to be fabulous. 😄

Ha ha ha..."snail mailSmiley LOL  that's all MCakes!  You guys know how sweet & thoughtful she is....and can we talk about her perfect penmanship?  Heart 

Image result for cute snail mail gif

Oh stop it haha. It was not all me! You so had a big part to do with it too @ZombieMetroAnt 😛 So glad y'all enjoyed the invites @txcatx! It was so much fun putting it all together 😄

All I ever get in my mailbox are Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, Trader Joe's flyers, and magazines, so it's always a welcome surprise to see something with Mcakes' gorgeous handwriting!

So cute @ZombieMetroAnt. Let the fun begin.

A86DE484-AAD1-4989-BE3F-24FBC4B45BF6.jpeg

Download and Print Punny Valentine's Day Cards

Image result for unicorn hearts gif

Spoiler

Awww - You're so cute, @ZombieMetroAnt!!!!   Thank you again to you and @Mcakes for hosting!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

ilavayou.jpg

Thank you @Mcakes Heart for all that you do sweetie Smiley Wink

it is my honor to be your partner in crime!

Image result for parks and rec friendship gif

Heart  HOORAYYYY!!  Can't wait for all the shenanigans to begin Smiley Wink

@ZombieMetroAnt Thank you for putting up with me again 😄 You are a saint!

parks and recreation compliment GIF

Well? After all....it's GALENTINES DAY! Heart  

Image result for parks and rec friendship gif

Conversation Stats
Photos453
  • cry llama.gif
  • image.gif
  • May we all watch the thread with the wonder of Agnes with a unicorn.
  • 200.gif
  • tumblr_n2rnfmTDAW1qm2l53o2_250.gif
  • giphy.gif
  • giphy-1.gif
  • 84BAC4DA-8938-4F98-A6E0-019A75FCD307.gif
  • FFC6C8B4-4A9C-4CA6-86C6-3E76A249A214.gif
  • IMG_0858.jpg
  • 4f9f71cccebb5094642ccf2f8582c2eb197949100c17656eaf99cb31240c1eb1.jpg
  • 55F9F559-1ED9-452E-84B9-2FC2D131C217.gif
  • giphy (5).gif
  • galentinesday.jpg
  • ilavayou.jpg