cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Bunnies

Hey fellow makeup lovers!

I have an issue I’d like to talk to you about: animal testing. Animal testing is not only immoral, but also unnecessary. This inhumane practice is used by cosmetic companies to test their product before it goes to market. The Humane Society notes that the reactions animals have to the products may not match what people experience, or may severely over/under estimate the reactions. There are alternative methods to testing the products that do not involve animals, in fact many of the over 50 methods are more cost effective and more accurate to what the customers may experience. Not only that, but think of the animals! They are subjected to chemicals poured in their eyes, drenched on their shaved skin, or shoved down their throats, all with no pain killers. There is even a “Widely condemned ‘lethal dose’ tests, in which animals are forced to swallow large amounts of a test chemical to determine the dose that causes death,” according to the Humane Society. Even if the poor babies live through the testing, they are killed soon after. Simply googling pictures for animal testing would make anyone feel sick. This practice needs to be eliminated, for the safety of all the innocent animals.

Now what can you do? PETA offers a list of cruelty-free companies to choose from, including bareMinerals, Kat Von D, Tarte, Urban Decay, and Fenty Beauty (because Rihanna is a beautiful human, inside and out). Shop from these brands and show the other companies that we do care about the animals!

Help me save the bunnies!

Re: Bunnies

"Testing cosmetics on animals in Korea will end by 2018" (the link is a few years old, but pertains to phasing out animal-testing in K-beauty by the coming year): https://crueltyfreeinternational.org/breaking-news/korea-announces-ban-animal-testing-cosmetics

@Sydsquid19 Couldn’t agree more.  Never will beauty be worth the lifetime of pain and torture animals are put through. Look up some pictures if you think it’s no big deal. Id post some here but they would clearly violate user terms. I’d like to note, since this has been an issue in the past, those in China - we know you can’t help it as your government doesn’t give you a choice to use cruelty free. You can use your voice for change. 

I completely agree! Fenty doesn't even sell to China because of its laws

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing