Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

makeup beginner

hi

i am just getting into makeup and i was wondering if you could share any tips or tricks or recommend products that would help me improve my beauty skills.

thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully answer!

Re: makeup beginner

What's types of looks are you interested in, @Anonymous? Youtube is a great resource for techniques and practice ideas. Wayne Goss is one of my favorites. 

Anonymous Insider

thank you so much for taking the time to reply @quspork!

the looks i would be into would be very natural and everyday. i don't want my face to look cakey and heavy.

do you have any products you could recommend to me?

thanks again for replying

@quspork

If you're just starting out and want a lighter, more natural look then I'd start with a BB cream for your face. Recommendations will depend a little on your skin type. I'm oily/dehydrated and have had good luck with DR. JART+ - Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm and tarte BB blur tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Light. If you have particularly oily skin a setting powder or spray (or perhaps a good primer) might be helpful. For lips, Urban Decay has a large range of shades and finishes that might have something you like. Or you could keep is simple with a tinted balm like the FRESH - Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 - Sugar Rosé Tinted. As far as eyes, I think you can't beat the Urban Decay Naked palettes and the Too Faced 9 pan palettes for beginners. Both brands offer good standard color options with quality shadows. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing