Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Thanks @ohheyitscindyk Heart  Wow, I guess this IS only at SiJCP.  The SA mentioned it would be in stand alone's also.  But a selfie light?  Aw man, I won't have any use for that.  

Spoiler

@ZombieMetroAnt, Thanks for the tag! ❤  I don't get why the gift is a selfie light, lol. I would prefer a cosmetic gift!

@ZombieMetroAnt Ahh I totally read the details wrong, I thought it meant that "all" stores (standalone) would be participating. But not all SiJCP locations. Thank you!

And ikr, a selfie light?

A selfie light?

Thanks for the update! @ohheyitscindyk 😘

Nice! I hope there is one in my city. Wishing this was a closed door type of event, I enjoyed those. 🙂

50 stores across the country? Darn...I highly doubt mine makes the cut. Hopefully, the standalone stores have Rouge events, too 

Ha ha ha!  Sorry @txcatx, was too excited to proof read my post.  

The SA said the Rouge Event will be hosted by both stand-alone stores & SiJCP.  I asked how they were going to "close" the store but apparently there will only be a shopping area exclusive for Rouge members with freebies ( I use this word loosely - not sure what she meant).  

I think the "50" comment was specifically to our metro city (we do have a lot around here.  Within a 10 mile radius there are 5 SiJCP's and 2 standalone's).

Not sure if it'll be as big or fun as past events.  More of a diluted version of it.  We'll just have to wait and see I guess since nothings been announced, I suppose.   

Nothing so far for US. 

Wasn't there a Ren event for Rouges in New York? Nothing for the rest of us, though. 😢

Anonymous Insider

@txcatx  I'm in NY and I haven't heard anything.  Then again, I don't always get the emails

@Anonymous I believe @Sophiaaax3 made a thread about it 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Just got an invite to a VIP event at a local store this Weds. There was very little info about the event, just the time and they are offering a gift bag with a $50 purchase. This will be my first rouge event, does anyone know what they are like?

Is this event only in Canada?

I got that email on  Friday and RSVP's opened on Saturday at 11am. That could be why some stores aren't taking RSVPs anymore. Its strange that they sent out emails staggered like that though :s

I really like that they did that because then I could be prepared for that time. I feel like before they used to just send an email saying EVENT NEXT WEEK RSVP NOW. And if you saw the email in time, you were lucky, if you didnt.. you were SOL.. 

Dangit I just went to RSVP to my local Sephora and it says its no longer accepting!! I really wanted that bag too, its better than recent years for sure 😞

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous  Ooh looks intriguing.  I love Rouge events and the bag looks great!

@Anonymous I've only been to one Rouge event, but it was great. It was early on a weekend morning, so they had coffee, bottled water, and biscotti that were beautifully wrapped. The staff were really friendly and helpful. They had an area set up for photos, makeovers being done, etc. I brought a friend and we were both given GWPs. I was really happy with the experience. 🙂

@Anonymous I like the Rouge events. They usually have brand reps handing out samples and talking about new launches, and there are lots of staff on hand to answer questions while you shop.  My local store always has French sodas, bottled water, chocolates, and mini pastries. It's a fun way to spend an evening with a friend. 

testing